main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Smack My Switch Up: The Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (was: NX)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 18, 2015.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am keen on going back again to visit. It was under construction when I was there last time.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I haven't been to Japan in years but I would like to visit again, and that is at the top of my list of places to visit. Someday maybe.

Rew likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My family has been considering going to Japan.... But we'd visit DisneySea instead of Universal Orlando.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Why not do both? :p

Unfortunately, we can't/won't consider traveling until after the pandemic.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I had intentions to go to Japan this year, with the idea being I'd go after the 2020 Olympics crowds were gone. Then the pandemic and Olympic delays occured, so that plan needs to get reworked. If the Olympics are postponed into 2022 I'll probably have to delay into 2023, but we'll see. On the plus side, it's given me more time to learn the language- and more time to start saving up money and time off.

Will definitely be visiting Universal while I'm over there for this (assuming the Orlando one doesn't open first before I get there and there aren't major changes- though I have to imagine crazy Japanese touches will make it still worth visiting).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Incoming Direct tomorrow!

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    ^ LOL, I was just about to post that. Great minds. It's a big one too - 50 minutes!

As for Super Nintendo World, I read the Orlando one isn't going to open until 2024 so yeah we'll see what happens first ... the opening of the park in Orlando or traveling to Japan.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Please be the BotW sequel.

Edit: I’ll also take XC:X port or XC3. Maybe N64 Rogue Squad ports too.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    517 Days. That's how long it has been since the last, full Direct.

Rew and TiniTinyTony like this.
  10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Come on Shin Megami Tensei III remaster release date.

Edit: Oh, and Smash stuff? Come on playable Demifiend tie-in announcement.

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    A BOTW2 video/update would rock. Also, a Metroid 4 update would be nice too, but I don't think either game will be releasing Q1 2021 so I'm not expecting anything.

I bet we'll get something regarding the 35th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda since its date is Feb 21st in Japan.

Smash updates are nice and all, but I hope it's minimal.

12. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Read the statement they put out, i guess its focusing on already released titles and first half 2021 games so BotW2 and Metroid 4 almost definitely out. Unless they give us a short release window like they’ve sort of been doing lately.

“You have raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly good sir.”

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Probably the best point of speculation would be to think about what Nintendo would have released in January/February/March this year if Covid hadn't pushed the whole development schedule back a couple months (I assume the Mario anniversary was meant to be last year and not bump into Spring and 3D World would have been the Dec release originally, with 3D All Stars being last summer). And the Zelda 35th Anniversary would have begun by now.

In that mindset, some Zelda news wouldn't be a surprise- though unlikely BOTW2. Zelda 35 or a remake of the Oracle games would be top on the list of possibilities there. Hyrule Warriors DLC. Maybe a Cadence sequel or similar indie crossover game. And release dates for the TWW-HD & TP-HD ports (maybe even a Zelda HD All-Stars collection?).

14. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Still waiting on SS port. Cant believe how much preowned copies were last time i tried to find it.

15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I just want a Switch Pro announcement and then not be able to actually get one for six months after it comes out. Is that too much to ask for??

Darth Guy and ZanderSolo like this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ironically this makes me feel even better about the odds for my desired announcements. The key is to aim low. :p

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If it's anything like the PC hardware issues, six months is an underestimate. :p

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  18. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Well, Republic Commando was datamined to be waiting on the eShop for release about a week back, so I guess that'll be here. Hopefully that gets announced and released with Aspyr's next Star Wars port revealed at a later date (much like with Jedi Academy and Episode 1: Racer). As for everything else, Mario Kart 9 would be great, if unlikely. A sports game would be the possible announcement regarding Mario. Aside from a Winter Olympics - if such is happening. I'd love for some Zelda games to come to Switch so I could play them, as while I have got Ocarina of Time on my 3DS, I find it difficult to hold for any amount of time since getting the Switch.

Whatever happens, though, it'll be a good presentation to watch.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm hoping for Mario Strikers, if we're getting a sports title. But I suspect it's Mario Golf's turn for an update, since that series tends to do better.

Republic Commando would be great. Never got a chance to play that one (unlike, say, Outcast, it never got ported to GCN). After listening to the developer's retrospective podcast series and subsequent interviews with their team members last year ("Dev Game Club", I have links o the episodes posted in the relevant classic SW gaming thread), I've really been wanting to check it out finally. Probably the only video game I've read spin-off books to but never played their originating game.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh man, can you imagine if they announced an SMT3 remaster release date and a new Mario Golf? It would continue an impressive string of these things being inexplicably aimed only at me. :p

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, at least if it's Golf over Strikers, I know who to blame :p.

EDIT- Also, for anyone trying to get Pin Set #2 today, refreshing is finally getting through the My Nintendo site crashes.

You want to reload the Rewards tab on the Mario missions page. Eventually, the site will count up your completed missions correctly if you reload enough. Once you hit the 15, it triggers the Claim Your Reward button.

Ramza likes this.
  22. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Indeed it is a new Mario Golf.

Ramza likes this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Mario Golf and a Tactics Ogre inspired TRPG from Square Enix. THE STREAK CONTINUES. :p

Edit: Oh, and a 3D Ninja Gaiden collection. I... literally never expected to see that.

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    An SRPG from the makers of Octopath Traveler?! =P~

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I will admit this is due to having no real skin in the game but I about died laughing when it cut from Aonuma to the ****ing Skyward Sword bird. I’m good, actually. I’m reaaaaaaaal good.