main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books The Secrets of the Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-secrets-of-the-sith-exclusive-reveal
    [​IMG]

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Going to wait on a review or something for this one. Could be cool, could easily be extremely basic and childish.

3. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    i wonder if well get a sith having a vision in this one like yaddle had in secrets of the jedi

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Not a lot of folks mentioning this little thing of beauty

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    "Well, all of the Sith live in me, now. And I'll let you into a secret of the Sith: it's annoying as hell! Maul and Vader still haven't got over the novelty of having proper legs again, and it's giving me restless leg syndrome! I wish Plagueis wasn't in control of my head because it keeps nodding off, Count Dooku always goes for the neck, and Nihilus refuses to get out of my stomach until he's eaten all of the clone nutrient fluid my loyalists can scoop out of Snoke's tank. Sometimes this lot make me regret becoming an eldritch gestalt abomination, I swear."

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

"And don't get me started on Snoke....I don't know what i was smoking that day, it was just gonna be as a particle joke but then I was stuck with him"

J_K_DART likes this.
  7. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Oh man, the sections of the Guide to the Force he narrated were a gem. If this is anything like that it'll be amazing.

J_K_DART likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think this is essentially a Dark Side version of Secrets of the Jedi so...Yeah i would assume same format. Except time with TROS already out they'll be able to go into things a bit more with say Snoke.

In fact this is a good chance to expand more on Snoke and Palpatine during the ST.

J_K_DART likes this.
  9. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am interested.

I do like the Sith and the Emperor.

10. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Looks like I'll be buying this.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Secrets of the Darkside

Would have been a better title, since Ventress, Kylo, and Snoke are just tools the Sith used not actual Sith Lords.

Though I can see why some might think everyone who has red sabers/shoots force lighting makes them a Sith (generally that is the case lore wise).

I’m hoping we can see a non Sith (and one who doesn’t copy there fashion nor work for them) darksider(s) in a future series/film. The High Republic era is a step in that direction.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    SilentGuy66, MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  12. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    "Secrets of the Darkside" was already the subtitle of "The Book of Sith", which wich also had narration and comments by Palpatine.

J_K_DART and AusStig like this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dooku looks like he's looking over Vader's shoulder and copying his Force choke homework. I love it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  14. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    And Savage looks confused by his own hand.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love that Snoke makes his one lighting bomb. From just one scene in TLJ and he is forever linked that ability.:emperor: also ventress looks nice. Palpatine as the puppet master.

16. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Wasn’t that just regular Force lightning bouncing off the floor? Not that there’s anything regular about Force lightning. I love it when it’s treated as an abnormal mutilation of the Force. But it seems like in canon, as in legends, it’s become a standard dark-side power that even non-Sith use.

Shamear likes this.
  17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    "...secrets only the Sith knew"

Is that so?! Not for much longer.

AusStig likes this.
  18. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Yep, just regular Force lightning.

Fredrik Vallestrand and Shamear like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess Force lihtning is regular to dark siders, but only a selsct few is able to do it, it seems. Maul, Ventress, Savage, Kylo Ren and Darth Vader are all strong dark siders and still can't use force lightning, maybe it's a skill only a few can learn and able to learn. Snoke being a product of Palpatine creation and Grogu's blood, plus other dark science. I like the way he used it, instead of direct attack he used the floor with his attack.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, I can see that in the design plans for the Supremacy's throne room - 'floor to be of non-conductive material for electricity of any kind'.

J_K_DART and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Nothing's said none of them were unable to use it. Vader couldn't only because of his mechanical parts. We just haven't seen them use it, which is different from them being unable to. Plus, Dooku managed it as a Jedi in Jedi Lost.

Shamear likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    True, but from all cocntect we seen of them, noe of the one's i listed as been able to do it. I'm sure Maul could do it if he was able, his mother was a witch and could match Sidious in force lightning battle. I think regarding Dooku he was very special and very gifted unlike many sith and jedi.

23. FS26

FS26 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 8, 2018
    Like any Force ability, I'd say anyone could in theory learn to produce force lightning, but different force users have different innate talents and strengths. Just as Vos and Cal for instance have a talent for psychometry, Dooku and Sidious have a natural talent for lightning

24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    So this is the Canon version of the Dark Side Compendium and I am here for it.

Oddly. I still haven't gotten the old Book of Sith.

IG: @jedisufism

J_K_DART likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess i agree with this, And we know that certian force lightning is weaker then others, like Doouk's is not as strong as Sidious's and the Son is the most deadly as it's bloody red. I think Force lightning is a special abilty that not everyone can use of master.