main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rey, Finn, and Poe in future films.

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthBorealis, Dec 20, 2019.

1. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    I definitely want to see more of Rey and Kylo. I thought they were both compelling characters. Poe and Finn too, to a lesser extent. Seems like they were hinting at Finn being force sensitive, but they never really did anything with that.

2. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    Lots of people, man. Not everyone hates the sequels.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    When favreau, filoni and fiege have worked their tapestry over the next ten years they will reveal the Rey contingency.

4. Merrin

Merrin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 12, 2019
    I don't understand why people would like TFA or especially TROS but I'm glad for you. I also wanted to like them, but there's just too much wrong with the Palpatine trilogy.

5. JoJo90

Jan 18, 2021
    It doesn't really become the Palpatine trilogy until TROS .

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I have a feeling Ridley and Isaac will eventually be back. Not sure about Boyega.

The Togruta Jedi likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Daysi recently said she wants to return to Star Wars.

rocknroll41 and The Togruta Jedi like this.
  8. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    If they do want to go back to these characters, I would first build them back up in a Filoni animation project set during the ST to recolor the perception of the ST and to get the hardcore fans on board for the future, so that people are clamouring for their live-action return, like Ahsoka, etc.

But at the same time, if we’re gonna get another animated series, I think a post RoTJ series with the OT heroes (and Grogu and Ben) should come first.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    After the talk he said he had with Disney's leadership a few months back, which it seemed like it went well and he had the chance to make himself heard and air out his grievances, I think it's possible he might eventually want to return depending on what they do. I just don't think we'll see those three in live action any time soon, or ever again. Animation I think would be more likely.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  10. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Boyega is by far the most likely to come back. You can tell he’s already chomping at the bit to be in more SW.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I live action with all them will come back like the OT and PT actors. Daisy very mutch like to come back, Boyega is intrested in coming back and Oscar is alrready in bed with Disney again.

12. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Really? Seems the opposite to me (shrugs). Unless you’re being sarcastic?

Def Trooper likes this.
  13. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Both Dark Rey and Empress Palpatine were post-TROS versions of Rey. Just like Dark Luke in the Dagobah cave - and like Luke almost killing his father- were post-ROTJ Luke. Dark Luke.

Palpatine's gone, and Empress Palpatine with him. What about Dark Rey? Is there something Rey will know to be true? According to this
    her mother was killed first. But that's not what we see, and we don't even see Jodie Comer being killed. Dark Rey speaks -'never be afraid of who you are'- like Leia. Like a mother.

This is Sydney Bristow's mom in JJ's 'Alias':
    Kylo: they were no one. They chose to be.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  14. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    He’s always talking Star Wars. You can tell he wants back in but on his own agenda for the character (Jedi Finn)

15. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Ah fair enough. You’re probably right there, yeah.

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    They'll all be back if they get the chance. Its a well paying job after all. But I think Lucasfilm/Disney will wait at least a decade, maybe more, until they use them in Episodes X, XI and XII.

Unless they decide to use them in TV shows, but that's another story.

17. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Well, they could give it a go but it’d have to be really creative to work, IMO. I don’t think anotjer Jedi training group where one student goes bad and all that again is going to fly. I probably wouldn’t even be interested. We’ve been through that plenty of times now. It’d have to include Finn for me be invested. I’m still mad at how well he started as a character along with his chemistry with Rey and how it got nuked.

Yeah, it’s going to have be a while after TROS. Try and start with as much of a clean slate as possible.

Hey, not bad ideas there at all. I like that the Finn Rey possible romance comes back into play. They should have been a couple, IMO. Nah, Poe isn’t endearing to me at all. Just don’t care. They did nothing with him. He could have been Han Solo 2.0 if they did it right but it isnt even close.

18. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Yeah Poe was a strangely utilised character. First, he’s a side character who got too much screen time considering how disconnected he was from the main characters, then he became a main character who’s again disconnected from the other main characters, and then he’s a main character with a meaningless backstory that doesn’t contribute to his character nor the story with the other main characters.

He either shoulda died in TFA to progress Finn’s character (someone instrumental in Finn taking a more heroic turn, feeling the need to earn the jacket he’s wearing), or they should have developed their over-the-top bromance into something that actually factors into the story, like say...driving a wedge right through it (ala America: Civil War) when the friends tragically realise they have differing world-views, perhaps regarding the way the Resistance should deal with Stormtroopers. I mean honestly, an ex-Stormtooper and the best Resistance pilot becoming besties. How could they not have done something interesting there?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    rocknroll41 likes this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's because he was supposed to be killed off in TFA, but casting Oscar caused JJ to scramble to make the part bigger. They were never able to completely integrate Poe into the story in an interesting way after that. He was just Leia's sort of protege.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Riv_Shiel and rocknroll41 like this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It's also why so many scenes that include Poe start with the other characters saying "wait, you're still alive?" to him.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I liked his arc in TLJ, since I found it to be an interesting and compelling challenge of the "hotshot hero" archetype, but in TFA and TROS he's just charismatic window dressing, yeah. There are worse things for a character to be, and I like Poe a lot, but considering his additional appearances in Star Wars Resistance that seems to be the higher-up's conception of his utility.

In fairness, TROS gave him the semblance of a backstory, one which doesn't totally fit neatly with stuff we got from Resistance or the (always retconnable) books and comics, but Abrams' only idea was to just make him "Han Solo light." This even though the "hero has a questionable past but learns to care about more than just himself or a couple of friends" arc was fulfilled by Finn throughout TFA and TLJ, and we're meeting Poe after his own iteration of that arc is done, but now emphasizing the existence of it over the "learning to put aside character flaws to lead others" arc he began in the prior film. One of the bigger problems I have with TROS, and the ST as a whole in hindsight.

Long story short, I'd definitely want to see him fleshed out and given a meatier role in future... anything, as I think there's a lot of potential there.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Poe was one of the most popular characters coming out of TFA, he got his very own comic book series. I think by the end he's still popular and be intresting to see more of him, maybe he becomes a politician like Leia, and becomes the next chancellor. I think once most of the 30 year gap is done we get more of these three characters. Animation series that goes into what happens after.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I would have liked that if I thought Holdo wasn't a terrible leader with no skill at reassuring her subordinates.
    Considering Oscar Issac is one of my favorite actors, I'm always for seeing more of him. I'm still down for the Finn/Poe buddy cop show. But, they'd probably just make him into Jedi Finn's chauffeur/pilot. :p

24. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Glad to see I’m not the only one who agrees that Poe should’ve been killed near the beginning of TFA like they originally planned!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually I think Poe should have stayed with Finn when they crashed on Jakku. That movie should have featured the new Big 3 together, but they needed to make room for Han, so Finn and Poe got "separated". The ST suffered because it couldn't completely decide on where it's focus should be. The OT heroes or the new kids.

Cynda likes this.