main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Coruscant, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @MotivateR5D4
    The fact is that you have never made a convincing case as to what bothers you so much precisely of the current situation, so your posts really come off as if you're just speaking out of grudge because things didn't go exactly the way you wanted.

You're free to whatever opinion, but it's really unclear what problem you're trying to solve. And this is definitely not the first time that you insist on this specific thing.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've explained my points plenty of times.

Also just fyi, I wasn't around when the discussion was happening leading up to the change being made. Had I been, I would have probably expressed my opinion then, and would have left it be regardless of what happened after. So if it seemed like I was overly negative about it after the change was made, realize that was the first time I had said anything about it at all.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think I have even expressed my opinion in this thread as I thought it was pretty worthless as I only got involved in the discussion after the split.

I was originally against it at first as I thought both would suffer, but that just isn’t the case. Both have done better in separate ways.

Coruscant, 3sm1r, Bacon164 and 2 others like this.
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Motivate, do you even post in Community or F&G? Seems like you live in Comms now.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  5. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, I'm pretty active in Community. And I used to be active in several of the threads that got moved to F&G (which now, most of the time I hardly remember are even there).

How is it that I seem to "live in Comms" now? I haven't posted here in a while.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You bump this thread a lot, at least once a month.

7. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Only twice. When I initially expressed my opinion on it, which was months ago. And then now. You can check my posting history if you don't believe that.

I was involved in this thread when it was initially created and other things were being discussed. If you notice on the first page, I was actually invited to be. And then I became unavailable for a while, which happened to be when the discussion was taking place specifically in regards to creating the new forum.

8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    What are people’s thoughts about a census/poll tab in F&G?

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Would that entail moving all census threads from JCC to F&G?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Think some could be in the future but it really depends

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can use the same tag in more than one forum.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Honestly, I never post in F&G, so I don't care, either way. I'll leave this to the regulars to decide.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is probably the best option then

14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What would a census tab in Fun and Games look like, and how would it be differentiated from polls in JCC?

My idea was always to move Census to F&G, but polls inherently lead to discussion, so I’m not sure how it would work in the current delineation, unless the poll options were tied to some kind of game.

now that I think about it, I’m not sure what the point of the Census category actually is. It’s a relic from the IGN boards, but as far as I can tell, you can create a poll regardless of how you tag it. So my question is why have a census tag at all, in either forum?

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'm in indifferent on the Census tag. It's true that it does seem redundant since we can make polls with any tag but I don't mind if it stays or goes.

I would actually like to go back to the previous discussion for a bit. I agree that the examples Motivate gave do not fall under spam. That being said, I feel the need to bring up this post again (the bolded sentence being the most important point):
    I see threads like JCC Memes, Art thread, ****posting threads, and some others and to me it seems like these are the types of threads that would fall under F&G. Just to be clear, I am not asking that they be moved. I just want to know what is the criteria or reasoning for keeping them in Community. @JoinTheSchwarz @Darth Punk @Healer_Leona

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Art thread at least gets a bit more discussion in it these days than it used to.

PCCViking and Bacon164 like this.
  18. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    Agreed on Memes and ****posting. With art, it just depends to me on if it generates discussion or not. If you’re just posting images with no commentary or analysis, seems like +1 to me.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The **** posting thread has a lot of discussion in it. It belongs in JCC.

The "awesome pictures" thread should be in F&G though.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's already 2 pics threads in F&G - "pics" and "cute pics". Is there really room for a third?

harpua, Bacon164 and Emperor Ferus like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The art thread and the ****post thread belong in the JCC.

We could always add a rule to Awesome pics saying you need to post a description or something

Bacon164 likes this.
  22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    LOL we are in the sweet, damp murky spot, it seems

Coruscant and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  23. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    dp

Bacon164 likes this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Or just lock it, being it's redundant.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Hard no to moving ****posting. That generates plenty of discussion. Sometimes you have to stop folk SRS posting, and tell them to get back to tweet spamming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.