main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Darth_Dave_1984

Darth_Dave_1984 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2021
    Ok so KOTOR would be legends but fallen order would come under newcanon?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Correct.

3. Darth_Dave_1984

Feb 20, 2021
    So as TPM overlaps both universes wouldn't that make the lore about Maul getting the double bladed lightsaber schematics from Sidious official canon? Which would make the double bladed lightsaber an ancient Sith design and thus no Jedi should have, need or more importantly want one in both universes no?

4. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Only the movie itself is "canon to both universes" normally, not the tie-in material to the movie.

In the context of the Legendsverse, we know that in the Darth Bane novels, one of the Jedi hunting Bane down, uses a double-bladed lightsaber.

[​IMG]

So, regardless of the fact that "A Sith invented the double-bladed lightsaber", the Jedi are happy to use them. They probably retrieved Exar Kun's lightsaber and had it analysed thoroughly, before having it put into stasis as a Sith artefact.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Exar_Kun's_lightsaber

In the context of the "newcanon", TCW (the other main thing besides the movies that is "both Legends and newcanon", because of Lucas's heavy involvement) all the Jedi Temple Guards use them, as does Pong Krell. So again, it's not "Sith only".
    Given that Lucas is far more visually orientated than novel-orientated, I'd speculate that he saw pictures of Exar Kun and his lightsaber, decided "Hey, that looks cool" - imported the idea for Maul in TPM, and then carried on importing it into TCW, giving it to Jedi as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    study3600 likes this.
  5. Darth_Dave_1984

Feb 20, 2021
    Yeah. The lore is looking like a pyramid of pazaak cards to me. I don't know whether to take the above examples as evidence that the lore surrounding double bladed lightsabers has evolved or as a symptom of 'double bladed lightsabers are cool' sickness and are here to stay and we don't care about Jedi principles anymore.

To me a Jedi using one is absurd, that will never change. I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it lol.

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's portrayed as rare, favoured by more martial Jedi, rather than negotiator-types, at least.

7. Darth_Dave_1984

Feb 20, 2021
    I get that, but to me using a weapon designed to hurt more people faster sounds very dark. A lightsaber is a Jedi's tool it's not inherently a weapon, but a double-bladed one is. A Jedi shouldn't even have a martial desire, combat is a last resort.

I understand whats happened to the lore I guess I'm just saying I don't like it because it doesn't make sense to me personally.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Some portrayals emphasise the defensive qualities of the double-bladed lightsaber - that it's better than a regular lightsaber at blocking an enemy's attacks.

9. Darth_Dave_1984

Feb 20, 2021
    I made a thread about ideas of a PT remake in the PT forum, but it got locked. Would I get the same moderator suppression if I made a similar thread in the future films forum? Can I talk about this topic anywhere on here?

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You might. It would be best to PM a mod in future films and ask them though. I'm not sure there would be any place to discuss that here but it doesn't hurt to ask.

11. Darth_Dave_1984

Feb 20, 2021
    Yarp. I raised the idea in unpopular Star Wars opinions. Seems like the safest place lol.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  12. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Does anyone know a website where I can find the images of Star Wars poker cards? Like Vader for the king or stuff like that.
    I need the online images, not the actual physical deck.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    3sm1r likes this.
  14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    They're awesome. Thanks

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  15. CaliA

CaliA Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2021
    what will be the title of the most recent part of Star Wars? your assumptions?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Do you mean movies, television or just a general title?

17. DannySkywalker

DannySkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2021
    Hi y’all. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me anything about a gift I was given by a friend who visited the Disney World Galaxy’s Edge shortly after it opened. He’s a passholder and very VIP in Disney parks lol.

It’s a sort of 3-D lithograph I guess? Graphics are from Solo - the characters in the foreground are printed on clear plastic that sits above the background logo. I can’t find anything about it online. I have no idea how to post a picture here tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Thanks!

18. Orion Zalnon

Orion Zalnon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 20, 2021
    Apologies for the almost two month late reply. For whatever it's worth I'm not sure. You might want to check E-bay and see if anything matches the description.
    I'm almost certain that we will see a KOTOR(or at least a Darth Revan) movie in my lifetime. I would be more psyched than anything to see something like that. I know many aspects of the EU have been scrapped, but other parts of it have obviously survived and I am eager to see a movie about my favorite silent Sith Lord. They can't possibly craft a twist as crafty with the one from the KOTOR game.

19. Adam Skywalker

Adam Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2021
    for now, i didnt watch the new Star Wars Series called The Bad Batch. So i don't know if this is cool are its bad if someone has opinion tell it to me so i can see really if this series is really good :)

20. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    It's great, watch it.

21. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Is it Sheev or Sheav? I've seen it spelled both ways.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  23. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Thanks LAJ_FETT
    BTW that article needs some major updating, and source citing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    LAJ_FETT likes this.
  24. Skorge

Skorge Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 24, 2021
    I have a question

What's stronger
    A Disrupter Rifle or a heavy bowcaster?

Im asking cuz I want to use one or the other for my mando oc

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  25. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'd say a disruptor as it can do this.

[​IMG]

While the bowcaster does this.

[​IMG]

But then again the disruptor does need constant reloading.