main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Mock Comms] Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bacon164, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    The1stQuest is right about remerging. Maybe that's all he's right about because it's not about numbers ITS ABOUT PEOPLE! IT WAS DISGRACEFUL AND DISGUSTING WHEN WE SEGREGATED A WHOLE PORTION OF OUR USERS WE DECIDED WERE "UNDISERABLE"

What Jedi Master Fett and arrrrrr2-D2 did was the internet equivalent of the Nazi atrocities or what the SOcial Democrats did to Rosa Luxemburg. ******** cowards.

This is all about a few users here who have decided that only their posts are worthy, only their spam is quality, that only their likes are good likes and thet everyone else is is less than, is worse than and they do it with their typical superior liberal smugness. Likes and spam should be open to everyone! They talk about an open forum, talk about being progressive and woke but they do **** like this and it shows where their real interests lies. How ******* dare they do this! Am I the only one who sees how disgraceful this is?

This place makes me so ******* sick sometimes. This is about basic human dignity, something the overlords of the JCC don't give a **** about.

This forum is OUR FORUM!

-vietcongredleader

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You all know I was against it from day one but went along with what everyone was saying. I think at this point it’s best if all JCC threads get merged into Fun and Games as any post is spam if you think about it.

After that we should then Separate Gaming, Census, Amphitheater, and Senate into its own forums as everything is far to cluttered right now.

Will leave this to the community before we make any changes behind the scenes

—Jedi Master Fett

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Chill everybody, relax! I'm just talking for the sake of the discussion.

The split was unnecessary to begin with. Also by the way the US politics discussion thread looks rather spammy to me, I mean people keep talking about politics, they disagree, they agree, they pat each others back, and the thread keeps getting upped. I believe the US politics thread should be moved to F&G, but this is just to stress my original point that there was no need for the split at all.

-- MontyVaderR5D4

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: RIP me, killed by Duck’s post.

I agree, the split was completely unnecessary. When the newer mods decided that we should keep the bulk merger for Community after the move, I famously voted against it, but I think the years have shown that was the wrong move. I mean, look at the original Senate de merger - that just made everybody angry, and if everybody’s angry these boards aren’t really serving their primary purpose of being a fun place to hang out, y’know?

Why, I remember once, back on the Snowboards, I got in a small argument about whether or not Jar Jar Binks would be a completely CGI character with darth_rumtumtugger, and now he’s the legal witness on my marriage license. That kind of chance encounter growing into a lifelong friendship just can’t happen when the boards are split up.

Not at my post,
    TK-42069

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    OOC: this gave me a good chuckle. I know people have made lifelong friends on the boards, but for some reason this set up had me laughing.

I have to agree, at the time I didn’t care much either way, leaning slightly toward no split. I have defended it since, but it’s obvious to me now this is getting far to divisive an issue and wasn’t as supported as I thought it was. At the same time can the forums really be fun or games when there is so much disagreement? Something I will ponder with my fellow Admin and mods.

6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I mean last season was obviously better. I own it on VHS, DVD, BR and LD, and I grabbed the novelization as soon as it dropped. O:);)

I have an order on the PT BS figure.

If you don't like it that's fair game :D but then you're just dumb :p

- The1stQuest

Bacon164 likes this.
  7. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    There are some replies here I can't see and I'm tempted to click them but they'd make me sooo mad.

But from what I just saw Mod edit: NOPE

I'm holding Jedi Master Fett personally responsible for every lost post count because of this split.

And to what The1stQuest said, yeah, you've dumb.

-vietcongredleader

8. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Aye, unnecessary it ‘twas, but now that it’s happened ye just have to stick to the code. Not like they are more of guidelines or something eh?

Sides, an I might get in trouble fer sayin this, I’m busy workin behind the scenes to make using pirate as a prejoritive a keyhaulable offense. The real issue o’ the day as it were.

-arrr2D2
    “From hell’s heart I stab at thee.”

Jedi Knight Fett and Darth_Duck like this.
  9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Yeah, sure mods had to edit this because people like to pile on vcong and corina, but what about how to be a JCCer where they were mocking former posters? I see a double standard here.

--MontyVaderR5D4

Jedi Knight Fett and Darth_Duck like this.
  10. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    You can consider yerself lucky lad, back in the day they’d just dump a bucket o’ chum on the offending user and toss em to the sharks. S’how I lost my left calf and half my foot.

Sadly we can’t do that nowadays on account of it being “monstrous.”, “sociopathic”, and “110% illegal, I don’t know how you’ve gotten away with it this long.”

Spoil sports.

-arrrr2D2
    “From hell’s heart I stab at three.”

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    vietcongredleader I am gonna ask you to never post something like that again. This is a family friendly site. Keep it on the level. Next time you won’t get a warning.

I will IP ban anyone who says anything like it again.

As for holding me personally responsible? Why do you care? It’s just a number be glad you can even see how many posts you have or that I just don’t personally delete all your posts.

—Jedi Master Fett

12. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I mean we could at least move the PARPT v2.0 here. Or WSAYLT (v.47) - EVH edition. That's a classic, I read the whole series every year, but maybe WSAYLT (v.46) - EVH edition was slightly better.

And then there's IWPRMQOOC, WTLTYPIYM, and of course LMTWSWMATT. None of which you can afford to miss. They're all part of the canon.

- T1Q

13. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    1. Bacon164 = BillyDeeWilly
    2. Ramza = TK-42069
    3. Lord Vivec = beezelbub
    4. Jedi Knight Fett = Jedi Master Fett
    5. Point Given = The MAGAlorian
    6. Watto = The1stQuest
    7. Darth_Duck = vietcongredleader
    8. Esmir = MontyVaderR5D4
    9. Coruscant = Princess_Corina
    10. mnjedi = arrrrr2-D2
    11. BookExogorth = Chandrila

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    NIAWYC TJCCJIAGAIUTB, but maybe we cool kiddos can band together and come up with a solution that will benefit all the people involved. the anger of @vietcongredleader is coming from a place of authenticity. I think we'd do well as a forum to consider the consequences of our actions.

Which is why I'm calling for a vote of no confidence in the leadership of @Jedi Master Fett. Every choice he has made since assuming the role of Head Admin has resulted in a net loss for the forum. Quite literally. Since the introduction of the Fun and Games Forum, participation drop-off is at a rate of -33%. This is NOT acceptable, and I demand accountability. For our head admin, that might mean his head.

Bye now,
    -BillyDeeWilly

hudzu and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Oh please, @vietcongredleader is nothing more than a crying commie.

This is the type of crap I expect from the so called tolerant left. You all talk about respecting each other, and yet you wish to coup our noble Head Admin. Much like the flames that antifa set in Minneapolis, you want to burn down the forums because you can't handle that the spam threads were rightfully deported elsewhere.

Make the JCC Great Again!

- The MAGAlorian

16. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Okay, so as JMF just said, this is a family-friendly site, so let’s keep a cool head please.

I wasn’t going to involve myself in this discussion but my name was brought up, so I have to respond.

What people don’t understand is that the issue of the split was about corralling certain users with certain posting habits, which are just as legitimate and valid as any, and not about the health of the overall community forum.

I’m happy to answer questions and clear up any confusion.

Princess_Corina

17. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    Oh please, @vietcongredleader is nothing more than a crying commie.

HOW DARE YOU! You miserable piece of ****. Hiding your IGNORANT views about spam behind ***kissing the head admin. The lib thought police will ban me for this even though i didn't curse but The MAGAlorian will get to keep spewing his crypto-fascist views. And yees wonder why I won't meet yees in the middle? Any ******** compromise with ********* like The MAGAlorian will leave spam segregated. Oh, we'll do the libs favorite thing and set some sort of test on a ten year time table and conviently their friends will qualify as JCC and everyone else becomes fun & games. The ghouls who support this segregation are the first people I'd march to the gulags.

Yees all be walking away to the gulags.

18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    It seems that all this discussion is more an excuse to go after Rina than to solve a problem, which by the way, in case I haven't mentioned it, does not exist since the single forum was working just fine, but chill that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

--MontyVaderR5D4

19. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    @vietcongredleader, please keep it to discussion of the issue at hand. Fighting like this won’t solve the real issues of the community, which have been almost completely ignored this whole thread, since day one. We’re all here to create a better posting environment for everyone, and your inflammatory rhetoric isn’t doing anyone any favors here.

-Chandrila

20. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I think this is very well said. Thank you for the support, MontyVader.

3sm1r and Point Given like this.
  21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Don't forget to tell them that they are free to ignore your posts if they think you are causing too much drama.

22. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  23. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Thread name change suggestion:
    "Hope Doth Lead From Day To Day..." - The Fun And Games Forum Discussion Thread 1.0"

- T1Q

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, I think a thread name change would be prudent, the current title is so clinical. Like it's got a good beat but I can't dance to it, y'know? If this were a more active forum - and I mean a really active forum like back in the 2SA days - this would fall off the first page, or I guess the third page with this ridiculously low thread limit, in a heartbeat.

Not at my post,
    TK-42069

25. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    @vietcongredleader, please keep it to discussion of the issue at hand. Fighting like this won’t solve the real issues of the community, which have been almost completely ignored this whole thread, since day one. We’re all here to create a better posting environment for everyone, and your inflammatory rhetoric isn’t doing anyone any favors here.

-Chandrila

The real issue is that everyone but me seems to be perfectly fine with treating so-called spammers as fifth class citizens because our precious admins did what libs do and caved to people preaching division. WHAT THE ACTUAL **** That's what's being ignored. How can we talk about anything else when that grave injustice is being foisted upon us by Jedi Master Fett and his ghouls. Family friendly, more like fascist friendly.

The guys on Montana's Waffle House have a video on something vaguely related to my point, but you losers wouldn't watch it anyways. Complete disrespect for the dirtbag spammers from even the so-called lefties in this thread, worrying about policing language when the admins are policing thoughts. It's ********* ghoulish but Chandrila wont see that. Too busy kissing JMF's fat ****. Probably wants to be a mod

I'm a mutineer against the libs anti-like and anti-spam agenda and yees should be to.

-vietcongredleader