main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Show off how bad your car is.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My car broke down in the middle of the highway. Waiting for a truck to come by and pick it up. I thought where else better to complain about my car and how it won’t even ****ing work than in the JCC.

So tell me. How ****** is your car?

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It doesn’t even exist, piece of junk. You would not believe how poor the fuel economy of a non-existent car is. No matter how much gas I buy it never seems to get me anywhere.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My vehicle is new and will be turned in for a newer one when the lease is up.

The worst car issue I ever had was a 1979 Chevy Monza in which the wheel and tire separated from the car. This was way before mobile phones so a walk to go get a phone or tow would have taken a long time but a nice lady saw it happen and pulled over and went to get a tow for me.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I lived in mine for over a year, and it looks like it.

5. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Love/hate relationship now?

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh no, I still love my dirty hippie car.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It’s in need of some repairs:

[​IMG] .

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Truck hasn’t come by yet. So still sitting on the highway

Bacon164 likes this.
  10. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    My top 3 favorite moments in my old car:

1 - That time my passenger side mirror popped out at a time where I had no where to safely pull over. Fortunately it was just dangling along the side instead of falling off completely.

2 - My front axle spontaneously snapped while driving. Not the best way to end a 16 hour shift but thankfully it was in an empty parking garage so no harm done to me.

3 - That time my car almost got intimate with a wall. For one reason or another (I don’t even remember), my car stopped working and I had to push it out of the way. It was going great until my car decided to come back to life for half a second to pick up speed mid push. Let me tell you, I don’t think I’ve ever moved as fast as I did in that moment.

Honestly there’s a decent chance 1 & 3 were the same night.

Special shout out to that time one of my tires popped after taking a bump in an area there’s no room to pull over. You ever drive on a flat tire? Odds are you won’t have much of a tire by the time you’re done.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Here’s a song while you wait

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I haven’t been in a car break down ever before this which is impressive.

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I like my car

It's one of these

[​IMG]

Its got a good sized boot which holds all my diving gear and is a comfortable drive.

I'm changing it at the weekend so my daughter can learn to drive (insurance increase of £1k on my current car)

My new car is one of these

[​IMG]

I pick it up at the weekend. Insurance increase is £200 per year but the refinancing of my loan to change cars will save me £250 a month.

Still not happy about changing though

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If you see someone pacing around their car there isn’t a zero chance it’s me

Edit: Finally getting the car moved. Now we’ll get to find out how long before she’s drivable

Bacon164 and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Been there, done that with while driving with Mom in her car. Fortunately the auto repair shop we usually go to wasn't far (a few minutes at best), but the tire (or what was left of it) was sparking by the time we got there. Ended up waiting about three hours for the shop to replace that tire (no we didn't have a spare in the trunk).

ThisIsTheWay likes this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I still own and drive the first car I bought from new - 1985 VW Golf. Bought it in the US and it came over to the UK when I moved here. I don't do a lot of driving and what I do is fairly local so it suits me. And i can pretty much guarantee I can find it in any car park!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  17. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    My car is so bad, it doesn't exist. I'm 55, never learned to drive, and don't care to start now. Damn you, environmental conscience.

If my dream comes true, I'll end up a professional writer on a small island in the Atlantic, where there are some cars, but where most people point and laugh at the stupidity of owning a car on an island that is barely a few kilometres in length.

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well the car is back to being ******. I was driving while it was raining and had to slam my breaks as another car splashed some water onto my front window and I could not see. After that something seems to have messed up with me turning the car. Better to break and break your car than to crash.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Huh? No windshield wipers? That should be an easy fix compared to what you were dealing with before.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I love my car (see "brag about your car" thread) but I'm just frustrated with the mileage (or lack thereof) of the tires. I've seen forums of Challenger owners complaining about the treadwear on their tires; lasting at most maybe 15k miles. I don't even drive that much, and my tires seem to lose their tread by 10k miles at the max. Sometime within the next week I plan on getting four new tires for my car. And my tires don't come cheap; they're 245/45/R20. If I wanted a good brand, the price of one tire alone would be the equivalent of four standard tires on a midsize sedan.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  22. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    My son inherited his grandfather’s rav4 with 110k miles on it. Now the floor has a fine carpeting of potato chip crumbs. Or at least it did. Either he cleaned it up or the mice have moved in for the winter. Odds are good that the potato chips have been converted entirely to mouse poop and more mice.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.