main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    And then there should be a wild, unannounced SW tv series that Lucas will spearhead.

Lee_ likes this.
  2. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Not likely, but you never know- for example, a near-death experience causes an epiphany for the need to return to SW before the end of life....

Not wishing a near-death experience on him, just saying remote chances are remote, not impossible.

A trilogy is far more unlikely than a one-off. A one-off would not go against the reason George quit SW- because another trilogy was going to take several years of his life when he has other things to do. So there is that.

No, I don't believe the rumor going around about him directing. Wishful thinking.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Lucas could be around well into his 90s. Look at Stan Lee being around into his 90s, for example. We have 14 more years until Lucas hits the 90-year milestone. In that 14 years, many things can happen and lots can change. That is why I don't hesitate in speculating on the potential of a new Lucas SW trilogy.

Lee_ likes this.
  4. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Except the guy wasn’t just put on this earth to make us SW content. He’s got a new family now and he’s got an entire museum he’s working on. I doubt he wants to devote his time to another trilogy, when he already decided he didn’t want to when he was younger. The best we can hope for is that they publish his ST ideas eventually.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Indeed a lot can change. Bands that no one ever believed would get back together have, you never know.

Plus- After Lucas passes on, he can come back from the Netherworld to make more SW productions.;)

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Guys... he's not coming back.

7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I believed so too before he kept showing up to the Mandalorian set.

No one else is in his head. Impossible to say definitely one way or another.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. He visited the Rogue One and Solo sets too and gave some ideas that they used. That will in all likelihood be the extent of his involvement in the franchise. He’s retired.

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Honestly, that amount of involvement is more than I expected, and I'm thrilled that we still get a little input from GL in the new productions - even if he just contributes tiny details.
    But I'm not expecting anything more.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When George sits for his weekly lunch of mall food court Chinese food you just know he is meditating on Star Wars canon.

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Expecting? I'm not either.

But his mentee (Filoni) being heavily involved in his creation, its clearly a never say never situation. The narrative of George Lucas' name with Star Wars has changed significantly as the ST went on. It went from Disney/LFL basically mocking his work, to pushing decisions fans didn't like on him to Iger admitting they did GL wrong and now he's constantly talked about in high praises by execs publicly.

Things change.

Tython Awakening and Lee_ like this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is why Lucas has visited the set of The Mandalorian... and who can blame him?

[​IMG]

13. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    There will 100% be something which is "CREATED BY GEORGE LUCAS... and someone else who did most of the work" - Like those cheesy airport Novels. Whether it is any good - we'll have to see - but they can't blame them for doing such a thing.

UKS

Tython Awakening likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Because it is impossible for life to change drastically? Thanks but no thanks. People told me to give up on the GnR reunion for years, they reunited. People told me Jim Plunkett could never come back, he won 2 super bowls.

I will be more convinced if his wife posts on here and tells everyone to give it up, but even that is not 100%. It is unlikely, but I have yet to see anyone with authority post that it is impossible, so I'll hang with my own perspective.

Definitive statements that are based on the decisions of those we do not even know are not definitive. They are speculation. Repeating "it will never happen" doesn't somehow make you right. Everyone knows it isn't likely (again).

Yes, no kidding.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Sarge, Tython Awakening and 2Cleva like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It ain’t happening. If it does I’ll immediately admit I was dead wrong and ban myself for two weeks. :p

Bor Mullet, TCF-1138 , Sarge and 3 others like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    best case is Filoni and Faveru fullfilling GL whishes and for his his story ideas for stories past and before the OT. Like Underworld is now being used by Book of boba fett and Andor, what that started these streaming service will fullfill. Am sure we will see like godfather crime post OT, maybe a dark force user like Taloon that the remaining jedi must fight. Have her be Maul's secret apprentice. Filoni can go deep with the midi-chlorians and the whills that i am sure the father was one.

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Lucas won't come back because now he'd have to answer to Disney.

18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Is that really the case though?
    Andor isn't coming from Favreau and Filoni, and is The Book of Boba Fett actually taking something from Underworld or is it merely making use of something that is vaguely similar?

I wouldn't put it past them using ideas that originated from the development of Underworld in some form, but using bounty hunters or the criminal underworld in itself isn't necessarily using those exact story ideas. I mean, if vague similarities already count, then you could just do the same with the sequels, as there were still plenty of items in those that were taken from or developed out of the original ideas. Yet you probably won't find all that many people who would state that the ST went forward with Lucas' story ideas.

That being said, with Underworld being set aside due to budget reasons, and the technology slowly allowing for movie-quality production values on a tv-show, maybe this is something that could indeed make some sort of comeback. Comparing numbers though, the costs of an episode of The Mandalorian still far exceeds what Lucas and McCallum had stated what an episode for Underworld should cost to make it feasible.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Exactly this.

ewoksimon likes this.
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Why would a businessman who ran a successful restaurant for 40 years sell it to retire, only to come back ten years after selling it to work for the person he sold it to? My mother sure hasn’t done it, and I'm sure Lucas wouldn't either.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  21. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Folks think its crazy that a creator would want to take his creation for a spin again?

[​IMG]

I'm not saying its definitely happening or not. But far more implausible things have occurred (like having a trilogy of movies without a plan). All reports are F&F don't have to answer to anyone for what they do with their projects - I'm sure GL can get some kind of arrangement if he wanted it.

This isn't the same Disney/LFL who was throwing dirt on him and his name after the ST essentially failed and they've been humbled.

22. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmmmm, yep! Two different Lucasfilms run by two different people indeed! Surely Favreau and Filoni aren't reporting to the woman that was up on that stage announcing their projects...

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    F and F like all others awnsers to KK.

Lee_ likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Correct... they have quite a bit of freedom, but she's still the boss.

TCF-1138 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    That's easy to say. However, Lucas is still the creator of SW. [face_coffee]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021