main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is my standings. I'm coopting the post.

starfish likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Knicks almost blew it, back to one game under 500.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ryan Saunders fired in Minnesota. He inherited a team Thibs took to the playoffs and turned it into the worst team in the NBA. Thibs dramatically improving the Knicks made Saunders look even worse. Looked to me like he only got the job due to nepotism.

Chromide and DarthTunick like this.
  4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Time to go be millionaires fam

(Truly this feels like sports cards + the Jordan sneaker phenomenon meets bitcoin. We'll likely see NFT's begin to impact more tangible things though too, like ticketing)

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hardest of hard passes. Harder than a Lebron James pass.

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've been signed up there for a while, but keep missing out on pack drops. Not quite at the point of pulling the trigger on buying an individual card (yet), but it's tempting. Buying a Larry Nance Jr. now before he's voted all-NBA next season for example.

It's such a fun concept and takes me back to my childhood years of opening baseball card packs.

Juliet316 and LloydChristmas like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Fans! At the Garden, can it be? I'm one of those people that has spent so much time at home and so much time avoiding the things I love. This shouldn't give me as much hope as it does, I know it's premature. Still, normalcy. Even if it's only 2,000 fans. Let's go Knicks!

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Julius Randle has the same amount of All Star nods as Porzingis.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Cavs win! The losing streak is over!

Runjedirun and DarthTunick like this.
  10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Poor Mike Conley

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Well done Lavine! Well deserved

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Atlanta, specifically, Danilo Gallinari. 10 three point shots, 37 points total, had a great night. @CT-867-5309 's favorite player didn't have a bad night either, 33 points. One he bounced off the back of another player, caught it and made a shot. Blooper shot, surely there's a highlight circulating.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    AD, duh but it would help the Lakers tremendously when Schroder comes back. Also, the Jazz 3-point shooting...

[​IMG].

Runjedirun likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I know you're not supposed to pay big money to Centers, but damn, this man is probably going to get a max contract as an RFA, and I'm here for it

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    The Knicks have 121 points and there are still 7 minutes left in the game.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    The Knicks are fun to watch again! They have a lot of good young players and good veterans. If they keep playing like this there making the playoffs as an 8th or 7th seed may be better. There coach is really good Knicks are a desirable place to play again! I think the title of the thread should be changed. You can say there only beating bad teams but years past they weren't even beating bad teams and they have beaten a few good teams too!

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    This is the best Knicks team in 8 years! But there are currently 4 teams tied for 7-10th place with Atlanta and Washington (yes I said Washington) right behind them. Wizards just on 4 of 5, only losing to the Clippers. Atlanta has good enough players. It's going to be a scramble to see who gets those play-in games in the east. I'm not counting any team in or out until much closer to May. That being said the Knicks are in 6th place 3 months into the season, it's pretty damn incredible.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah I've been stoked for the Knicks' success so far. The only thing I've been more simultaneously happy about, while also shocked by, is the 76ers holding 1st for over 2 months... and the Knicks being good at all.

Runjedirun likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There’s no game the Pistons can’t lose. Fell down by 16 in the first by playing as badly as possible, took an eight point lead in the fourth, still blew it. They shouldn’t have even been in the game, it was like the Kings were playing the Pistons on easy mode.

This was nice, though.

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Never been so happy to see a team hit the 500 mark. Knicks win!

Point Given and DarthTunick like this.
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  23. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Devin Booker is some kind of shooter. In Suns history, it’s Walter Davis, Steve Nash, and now Booker as the best at shooting the basketball.

Nash is in the Hall, Davis should be, and Booker could be.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Buddy Hield has broken Steph Curry's record for fastest to 1000 made three pointers in a career, doing it in 350 games, compares to 369 for Curry. That Curry held the record despite the relatively slow start to his career speaks volumes to his greatness as a shooter, but I also remember openly mocking the Kings when they acquired Hield, as the owner said they were acquiring him because they saw his as the next Curry, perhaps better.