main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What Future Star Wars Films Would You Like To See Made?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Pro Scoundrel , Oct 7, 2019.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    An animated, updated version of...
    [​IMG]

2. juicepouch

juicepouch Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2020
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wraith Squadron and the Wraith cycle as a whole is just asking to be turned into a summer movie. You've got jaded Wedge putting together a squad of rejects and screwups, Piggy taking over an entire ship armed only with an X-Wing cannon, a (mostly) mythical Ewok pilot, compelling character arcs and relationships, one of the most emotional deaths in Star Wars, a couple of clunky romances that could be really nice given a little attention...

SithOverlord101 and Bel505 like this.
  3. Red_Nodtic

Red_Nodtic Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2021
    Star Wars 10; Star Master Rye
    Star Wars 11; Need Of Node-C
    Star Wars 12; Release To Rasmada

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Frik n Bliss: A Star Wars Story

5. ilsy007

ilsy007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2021
    A movie set 800 years before Ep IV (Yoda would be 200 years old, perhaps a jedi knight and at the same time he would look less wrinkyly and more cute similar to Grogu)

A movie 500 years after Ep IX. (Grogu would be 500 and resemble more like Yoda).

Both times there is a chance to expand from the existing storyline which is becoming boring and there is a little green jedi which is the link to the present. Expanding the timeline to 1300-1500 years would open up more opportuntities for exploring new storylines and designing new ships. And who knows, we might even see a Coruscant that is less populated.

6. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Anything that tells the stories of old Jedi/Sith legends would work for me. So I guess way before any current timelines. I have said this before but its worth repeating. There has to be some cool stuff in there for us dorks!!! :)

7. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    I really hope the rumor is true that Taika’s film is a Dawn of the Jedi movie.

QUIGONMIKE and Lulu Mars like this.
  8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I would like to see the Skywalker Saga end up being one of several Star Wars sagas, so that everything doesn't revolve around that story. I want it to be less significant than it is now, as a result of the other sagas being equally significant (or even more so). Star Wars should be more. Much more.

...or just a successful reboot. I'll take a reboot.

QUIGONMIKE and darthvader88 like this.
  9. Red_Nodtic

Feb 8, 2021
    Star Wars 13; A New Development
    Star Wars 14; Rescuing Princess Miranda
    Star Wars 15; Strike At A-Base

10. Ben Hanscom

Ben Hanscom Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2021
    It's seriously time to see a Shadows of the Empire adaptation.

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    • A documentary about the conception of Lucas' Sequel Trilogy, the transition from Lucas' ST to Disney's ST, and the transition from Trevorrow's DotF to Abrams' TRoS. Though I think this would also work as a docuseries, as opposed to being a documentary film. I don't much care for the ST outside of TLJ, but this transition of iterations and filmmakers is a real-world narrative that I'm fascinated by and would love to see explored in a way that really digs into what happened behind the scenes. Get Charles de Lauzirika to direct.
    • The Rian Johnson Trilogy.
    • A movie about podracing.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    It'll never happen because of the entire tumultuous development process, but I would have loved for the ST to get a Disney Gallery treatment like The Mandalorian, with roundtables involving the key creatives (Kennedy, Abrams, Kasdan, Johnson, Terrio), and actors (Ridley, Boyega, Isaac, Driver, Tran, Hamill, Ford).

Pro Scoundrel and bstnsx704 like this.
  13. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, if something like that were to happen, it'll be way down the line. And even then, I'd say the chances of it are slim. The closest thing that comes to mind is Wreckage and Rage: The Making of Alien 3, which dig's into Alien 3's incredibly messy and convoluted production period, hence my de Lauzirika suggestion, but I genuinely doubt Disney would ever be interested in something like that going out to the public.

14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    We'll probably get it, but like 30-40 years in the future, when no one except hardcore fans will care anymore.

darthvader88 likes this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    1. Origin of the Jedi Saga -- the Sith wouldn't need to factor in here, but their possibility could be suggested for a Jedi-Sith War saga. Maybe different darksiders could feature here, as they did in Legends.
    2. Jedi-Sith Wars.
    3. Post-ST Saga -- shows the generation or generations after the ST heroes. Love to see Finn's offspring feature here, and the theme could be finally putting the last pieces of the Republic back together again.
    4. Mandalorian/Thrawn films that sync with the TV shows.
    5. At some point a reboot. One key point of change would be an equal focus on Luke and Leia as Jedi. Perhaps they are raised together this time and trained by Yoda and Kenobi, or maybe Leia is raised on Tatooine and Luke on Alderaan. Episode 4 would remain our beginning, but the PT backstory could simply be told now through flashback or dialogue. The emphasis this time would be on Luke and Leia rebuilding the Jedi Order, with a more mythological and less generic story about the Force.
    6. Crime/bounty hunter films -- this would be a good area for Johnson to explore, as he's much better with these genres than traditional adventure stories.
    7. Droid wars -- inspired by Westworld, but Star Wars.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    SithOverlord101 likes this.
  16. Red_Nodtic

Feb 8, 2021
    1. Concentrate on Hard-Edge Star Wars Art. Not wierd like Rogue One but delectable strict-scope with cold gray shades of tone colours. Well that would be my second trilogy of the sequels but the first one would be more normal.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Weird like Rogue One?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I've been scratching my head on that one since Sunday, but I knew you'd get to it eventually.

Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  19. Red_Nodtic

Feb 8, 2021
    Whatever, it wasn't weird. Just didn't like the beachy atmosphere of the finale planet scenes. Seemed like a seashell effect. Made me feel empty. I liked Rogue One a lot.

20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Hell in paradise.

Need someone to respond to a criticism of Rogue One? Call Bor & Mullet. You can count on us for all of your Rogue One defense needs. We know the truth.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    EHT and Sarge like this.
  21. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I would love for something akin to the "Empire of Dreams" to be made for the Sequel Trilogy, and possibly the Prequel Trilogy somewhere down the line...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrDarth0 likes this.
  22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, it kind of blows my mind that we don't have an all encompassing documentary for the Prequel trilogy by now.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The last time I saw R1 was opening night. I have no idea why I haven't rewatched it, I enjoyed it immensely.

Pro Scoundrel and Sarge like this.
  24. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    How about a film based on the pre-Rakatan era?

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IMO, R1 benefits greatly from rewatches. Characterization is a lot more subtle than most SW films, and the more I watch it the more I appreciate the depths of the characters.