main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Reference Star Wars: The Legacy Trilogy - the OOC Thread for Episode XII: Legacy of the Force

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 29, 2020.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The NPC murder counter is still on-going!

And now @The Jedi in the Pumas can see what would have been waiting for him if he'd just fell down the trap door. :p

2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    That’s why Dol Khan never takes door number one...

Because that’s exactly what THE MAN wants you to do. Rebel against all attempts of government mind control. DOWN WITH THE FIRST ORDER!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So let's have a look at this week...

Ah yes, @TheSilentInfluence and @darthbernael meet a new friend, and then get some news... the Knife 9 kind of news.

Of course, one minor talking point this week is precisely how much trouble @The Jedi in the Pumas will be with @HanSolo29... let alone how much trouble @Jerjerrod-Lennox will be... or precisely how much mess has @Mitth_Fisto chewed off... or will @CosmoHender survive... let alone the imminent arrival of @Shadowsun... or what @Kurisan intends to do about it all in her present dire circumstances...

But we also have the heart-breaking separation of @galactic-vagabond422 and Chandrila... let alone Prosin...

@QueenSabe7 and I have some extended heart-to-hearts this week. ;)

All-in-all... WHAT A WEEK.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Might want to knock that off...

Because it may be your downfall.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  6. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Meanwhile, if Artemisia thought Xundel was cranky before...

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Uh who now?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Ugh, Asteria. This is what I get for being in so many games. Lol

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Lol no worries. :p I know how you feel.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Luke blows up an entire space station with thousands and thousands of Imperial personnel aboard and gets a medal.

Rey, Finn, and Poe blow up an entire planet and also space station and get praise and admiration.

Dol Khan kills a criminal kingpin, an Imperial warlord, one chancellor’s daughter (all of them part of the same evil empire) and blows up one little Opera House and somehow he’s the bad guy.

[​IMG]

Make it make sense!!!

Don’t believe the First Order Propaganda PEOPLE! Dol Khan is a hero of the Resistance and man of the People!

DOWN WITH THE FIRST ORDER!

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not First Order Propaganda. He attacked a civilian venue; not a military target. Collateral damage is a thing. His methods were crude and tactless, and his carelessness cost innocent lives. It was an act of terror.

Listen to the children! They understand the truth!

Plus, I just want to kick your *** for killing my kid. [face_devil]

12. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

I agree with this statement.

13. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Your government is run by two men who have the blood of billions on their hands, most of them innocent civilians. Your collateral damage materialized in the form of entire planets ceasing to exist.

When a government terrorizes and kills its people, it ceases to be a legitimate government and loses all moral high ground arguments and the right to govern. In a galaxy like this, that the First Order and the Empire created, Dol Khan is not an absurd outlier, he is an inevitability.

[​IMG]

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not discounting the terrible things they have done, nor do I endorse them. Graul's own struggles stem from those same atrocities; he finds them horrific.

However, you asked what the difference was between what the Alliance and the Resistance have done versus Dol's handy work on Coruscant. The Death Star and Starkiller Base were both military weapons used to commit genocide, while the Opera House was a civilian installation. Despite the fundamental principles behind Dol's attack, many did not look so favorably upon his methods. There was an apparent disregard for those around him. He treated the citizens, the very people who have the most to gain through his actions, like chaff. We saw the fallout of that firsthand when those kids reacted in horror to what he had done.

As that GIF suggests, Dol has become a monster himself – the same evil he is trying to fight. That's why people are appalled.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Oh, I completely understand the difference. I kind of got into character when I was explaining how and why someone like Dol Khan would come into existence in the galaxy that is portrayed in the films.

When I was coming up with this character, I specifically chose an aged character who would’ve seen the rise of the Empire, lived through the empire, the return of the republic/galactic alliance, the fall, and the rise of the First Order. He’s a war survivor-citizen who is tired of it. The wars of Coruscant have hardened him and, almost, numbed him to the deaths and destruction his actions may cause.

I imagine him as a hi-tech Punisher to a Luke Skywalker’s Captain America. The galaxy has made him an ends-justify-the-means individual. The fun part of role playing him will be to see if the events and characters of the game will make him see the errors of his drastic measures or embolden his confidence that he is set on the right path. Usually, I have a plan for my character’s arc in the story; a general idea of the journey I want my character to go on. With Dol Khan, I am letting the game impact how he behaves.

So we’ll see! But as of right now, Dol Khan views every death at the Opera House and the deaths of the Lost Boys as necessary for the cause. I tried to make that apparent when he witnessed DJ being executed. He cared for DJ, but understands that the life they have chosen for themselves and what they are pursuing comes with extreme lows, dangers, and corruption of one’s soul.

Damn. This game has sparked something quite awesome in my creative process.

16. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    Very well said.

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    @The Jedi in the Pumas

Gotcha, that totally makes sense! And I have to say, I appreciate the in-depth analysis of Dol Khan. I could spend all day dissecting characters and examining what makes them tick. It's one of the many things I absolutely love about our little hobby. ;)

I also noticed that the line between IC and OOC chatter tends to blur a bit. I think that may have contributed to some of the confusion. Heck, I'm guilty of it myself. I started half of my initial reply OOC and then finished it out with an IC quip. :p

18. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Meanwhile, Vicrul is just a monster, an engine of death... well... so it would seem... [face_whistling]

19. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    I always have one rule...

IC for the games

OOC everywhere else

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I was tempted to make the Anzellan into Babu Frik and I decided against it and good thing I did. @Darth Kronos would KILL me if someone slew Babu Frik in one of my games.

21. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Had a lot of fun writing the latest part of Barriss' story with @Sinrebirth. Her visit to the Temple led to some very interesting encounters with ghosts from her past...

22. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Why is Dade feeling betrayed by Dol Khan? They don’t know each other and Dade doesn’t know what Dol Khan does for the resistance.

@Sinrebirth I demand answers! :p

23. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005
    @Kurisan

You better not go near the girlfriend...

Or you will be toast....

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Kid’s not dumb! He was strung up!

But at the same time he is a bit dumb - it’s not like you asked him and his gang to get shot up.

You’re famous Dol! First Order put your terrorism/freedoming up on the local ‘Net.

25. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    *nods*

Ok. LOL, that makes sense. I was thinking “Dol owes this kid NOTHING, so what’s he mad about?”

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.