main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Given how contentious the Lucasfilm sale was and how few of Lucas' ideas survived, I have no expectation that Disney would allow him full creative control, which is what he would want.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    He went from running Lucasfilm to retiring. He might find some middle ground and give SW a boost through his contributions.

Darth PJ likes this.
  3. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Lucas enjoyed and insisted upon full creative control since 1980. He even thought he could have some influence after selling the company to Disney, and then learned the hard way that they were under no obligation to use his ideas. It's hard for me to imagine he'd suddenly start compromising now.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Now we've got something to look forward to! :D

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    What if Filoni one day becomes GL.?[face_thinking]

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Filoni is talented but possession seems a bit beyond his powers. :p

7. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    But not for a Lucas. ;)

Wow, George could become a Penguins fan. Huge upgrade.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    If Filoni strikes George down in hatred he will become ALL STAR WARS!

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how long it will take before Filoni can do his own movie, 10 years after his mando connected universe thing? He's a great writer and idea man, got decent directing and producing, but you still see he makes mistakes and the episodes aren't as good as could have been. Maybe one day Filoni will be the creative force behind all star wars stories. Something to wonder about, he's already been all over and KK listens to him about the future about star wars. I can see maybe him being the one to tell origins of the jedi and the force as he understands it almost as well as GL.

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Some would say a healthy smattering of Lucas's ideas were in the Sequel Trilogy. Lucas already knew they were under no obligation to use his ideas.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, but to be fair, a promise like that might not be such a good idea coming from you given your poor recent record on predictions that you were emphatic about- what year is the next SW movie coming?

Nonetheless, I'm accepting your promise.

Given he was the one who put her where she is, and their personal friendship, I am inclined to think she would try to make it happen if George were to show up and ask to direct an episode.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Recent? Hell, my predictions have always been terrible. I’m still waiting for that August trailer that finally definitively shows that Jakku is in fact Tatooine. :p

...still I’m 100% positive I got this one right. ;)

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m not saying it will happen, as I’m 100% sure George is done and not coming back for anything Star Wars, but I stepped down as CEO of a nonprofit I founded, and took a non-CEO job with the same nonprofit wherein I answer...to the new CEO. Because I was tired of the CEO job, and all the fundraising that came with it, and wanted to focus on research. Not every decision is status-driven. Sometimes people cede control for a little more mental freedom.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    You are right. But as I said, he sold it to retire. But I don't think many people would do that, IMO. Maybe my analogy wasn't the best, as I'm the sure the vast majority of people who sell a small business like a restaurant to retire probably wouldn't ever do that, but I guess in other lines of work it can be seen as more doable.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t disagree. George is done, I believe.

Though some have been known to come out of retirement...from time to time. ;)

16. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Retirement is retirement. Retirement means all different things to people.

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I highly doubt Lucas would come back in any capacity beyond visiting the set from time to time and giving some casual input. I certainly don't think he would ever take over any sort of leadership role since he is retired. It wouldn't completely shock me if he returned to direct a special episode of a TV show, but I also think that is very unlikely.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

KK still stands after many years of NOPE, it seems, all hail the queen.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2021
  19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not someone who wants KK removed, but insulting everyone who does is baiting. Not everyone dislikes KK's leadership for sexist reasons. Some people just don't like a lot of the decisions she's made since taking over. Don't just drop news links as a way to bait those you don't agree with.

20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    ...imagine paying hundreds of dollars in Disney stock to ask the CEO a random clickbait rumour? At least make it a wild one like the script for TROS being put together by manatees and idea balls.

DarthPhilosopher and bstnsx704 like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    oh you may not agree with her and thats, ok but i was more refering to the toxic ones. Also just letting everyone know she aint going anywhere soon.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Your post wasn't very specific. Just be careful how you say things, so that you don't start a pointless fight.

Darth PJ likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Despite rumors of Kevin Feige secretly having influence off how star wars moving forwards and him one day taking over, He is only involved with star wars tv when watching the mandalorian. KK is the one who spearheads us into the new era of star wars telivision.

Bor Mullet, EHT and PymParticles like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A baby manatee is essentially responsible for my current life, so I think this is plausible.