main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Also, the space variant taste like crunchy king prawn.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I am glad I clicked on notifications AFTER having my cake. O_O

The weevils so and so as it happens to most of us at some point and they're parasites which does not mean that I do not sympathise...

...but realising roach poop or larvae were in food AFTER you have eaten? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.mp3

3. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I don't remember if I actually said it the other day, so...

Happy birthday, @Ewok Poet! [face_party]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you. :) I meant to wait until midnight my time to respond to you the same way, but life is short, we need more parties during these hard and gloom times.

Just had a quick chat over phone with this fellow IT professional, he might hand me over a project of his own. Since they have not called me from NCR yet and other offers are mostly copywriting-related and don't pay enough, I guess I am looking forward to this.

Whom am I kidding, I am looking forward to anything that contributes to getting out of this mess. [face_nail_biting]

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Today was one of those days where I felt really productive, but holy interruptus Batman, people, and other things kept distracting me! Most of it was work-related... some of it wasn't. Some days I wish I could go into the office more and actually answer the random questions people have (and have license to ignore my personal life). But I managed to work an extra hour so I can take off early on Friday. I'm getting my first massage in over a year and man do I need it!

Plus tomorrow I'm spending half my day doing cycle inventory with a co-worker and seeing what needs to go to the shop.... so I'm basically being paid to go for mini bike-rides. I'm not complaining.

Jedi Knight Fett and Ewok Poet like this.
  6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’m going to register tomorrow at the Urban Indian Center and when I asked my contact there if a vaccination appointment in March was possible, he said as early as next week. I’m going to try and do it on my day off for March 16.

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Welcome back, @Ewok Poet
    I want you to know I didn't forget you either. And I think that whoever mentioned that certain gizkaspice tale of cat infested zaniness is right. I think you'll laugh your socks off. Definitely recommend.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    AHHHHHH! GUYS! GUYS! I'M PUBLISHED!!!! The resource I wrote last year from the grant I was awarded got put up on the Museum Association. I'm not going to share the exact details or links but IT IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm a published museum professional (who now works in adventure tourism but still).

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Congratulations! :D [face_dancing]=D=[face_party]

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party][face_party]

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Way to go, @Briannakin! You are indeed the real deal, we never doubted that. [face_love]

Happy Birthday, @Ewok Poet (am I too late to say that?)! @};- (we need birthday cake emojis, in addition to cats, bunnies & Ewoks). It's good to have you back from hiatus. I'm glad poor Perri is still entertaining you.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Agree, but I think the Zeb-emojis could work as a cat emoy :p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I gave a friend a mug that says “This is what a published author looks like” for Christmas after she got her first publication. I metaphorically bestow it on you. Way to go!

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Congratulations, @Briannakin! :)

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701 <3

@Mistress_Renata, I meant what I said. I have a list of stuff that I use when I am really, really down - some rather odd YouTube parodies, photos of Patricia Piccinini's sculptures (I know they are not funny, but to me they are O_O) and your story, alongside another. :c3po: If you want to see what else I consider funny to that extent, there's a YouTube poop that is now only on Dailymotion called, in all caps, DAFFY DUCK MAKES LOVE TO A GIRL. No actual love making involved, just lots of absolutely unrelated nonsense.

As for the emoji, I would totally love to see at least a dog and a cat, too. And I dunno, Wicket can represent all Ewoks, as he does in other media? But whoever is in charge could first give us the seven missing ones back. :( Or is it just me? There are seven that show as broken images, both in the emoji panel below this input

I sent my work to that guy. No words from NCR yet. Writing to the Dutch people tonight. I am so anxious about work that I don't know what is worse - to shut up and realise that I just don't know what level of anxiety is normal human behaviour or just refill my anxyolitic prescription and be numb for two days and then extremely irritable if the need continues. [face_nail_biting]It's like...neither works right. I just want to be fearless. :(

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Mistress_Renata likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not just you, they are broken for me too

17. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    =D==D==D= Congratulations.

Briannakin likes this.
  18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Just got registered and they will call me in 1-2 days to set up my vaccination.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    So we had our team dinner and meeting, it was terrible because like I figured, no one wore a mask. Hopefully no one gets sick, but then I feel like it will reinforce that it's okay. My boss' boss said he wants us to do this once a quarter.[face_sigh]

But I learned a new side effect from being away from people for so long: my ability to deal with social situations is severely diminished. Most of my coworkers are very extroverted (and seemingly have no concept of introverts), it was only a couple of hours before I was just done, and these are people I know. By the time I got home I was so exhausted I took a 1.5 hour nap and then went to bed early. I guess I need to build my tolerance back up... eventually, when things calm down.

Congratulations, Bri!! That's so awesome!!

I'm sorry, I should have added more detail. Not that things are really any better than they probably sounded, but maybe not quite as bad?? I don't work in health care directly anymore, I quit a few months before COVID hit. I work for a medical device company as a clinical educator, so I teach doctors, nurses, and other health care people how to use our products. So my boss, his boss, and most of my team aren't health care people, they are sales people. Some of the team are vaccinated. I'm not because I want other people who need it more than me to get it first. It's a real struggle in my state for people to get it, especially older people and those who work in places like grocery stores, so I don't want to take one from them even though I could technically qualify as someone who does go into hospitals for work.

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No, no, no...you are not obliged to retell everything to somebody who missed it. :) But yes, I did think that you were still at your old job, you crossed my mind many times during 2020 because of it. This way it really is not that bad, as you say.

Older people should have the priority. I guess each state gets to regulate its own share of vaccine distribution? I never wondered about this before, as well as many other things that people from a country of this size don't wonder about.

Hope it goes fast! :)

Later today (Friday) we'll know if we're getting a real lockdown, with curfew and all, like we had one year ago. Despite 1/4 of the population having received at least one dose of the vaccine, cases are going up because of secret parties, the fact that there were folks going to mountains for vacation and that the restrictions there were nowhere near what it should have been...and stupidity in general.

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks all! Publishing it really feel like a life goal ticked off! Which is really nice these days.

That sucks that no one wore a mask, and I get that. I hope no one gets sick, but at the same time stupid actions deserve consequences or else no one learns.

But ach! I hear you on this! I guess my situation was much different than yours in that I've been able to see small groups of people and looking back on it, this summer wasn't too abnormal but I remember when I had to go to the mall back in October, it was so exhausting and weird (and at the time it was basically empty). I swear to goodness after ordering my groceries for a year, I doubt I'll ever go back to getting them on my own (at least for the majority of the time).

On this note, I had such a weird dream last night. In the dream, I had to really use a public washroom and I just couldn't do it. I already have a thing where it's super difficult for me to use public bathrooms. My bladder just gets shy (and forget about the number 2 situation). Anyways when I woke up I realized it's been probably over a year since I've had to force myself to use a public washroom. That first time is going to be a nightmare (literally!).

Anyways, bike inventory today went super well. My co-worker even brought her dog so we just had so much fun testing out all the bikes. Exactly what I needed mentally, even if I'm super tired (and hungry) now.

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    What kind of bikes are these? I missed your job stuff, too.

And pee-shy is a thing I can relate to, but it was until a minute ago that I had no idea that it had a medical name. I have to play music when I pee, sometimes even when I am all alone. I don't like to hear it and when others can hear it...yikes. :(

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I guess I'm different. I'm generally an introvert, but this past year has been too introverted for me. I normally avoid large and dense crowds, but right now I'm craving being in the middle of a giant crowd with people pressed up against me watching something exciting. Which is strange because I've literally never wanted to do that in my life. It's like I've introverted so much for the past year that I've built up so much socialization energy that my energy bank is bursting at the seams and I need to open the release valve before it explodes. I've already noticed that I can't sit still for more than a few minutes any longer.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Pee-shy is totally a thing. Thank goodness I have a pretty large bladder so I can usually hold it till I get home :p

So right now I'm working for a non-profit organization that does adaptive outdoor recreation, so snowshoeing, cross-country skiing in the winter, and mainly cycling, hiking, and kayaking the rest of the year (though we are crazy staffers and will kayak any time of the year). So our bike fleet is mostly adult trikes and trikes for youth with a few e-assists of varying kinds, hand cycles, and tandem bikes (both normal and recumbent trikes). Our tandems are some of the most popular and what we were mainly focusing on today (they are great but require the most monitoring because they are so popular). I mostly work behind the scenes on volunteer management (most of our programs are volunteers run), social media and apparently website management (not exactly what I went to school for but there's some cross over with the museum world - grant writing, dealing with NPO status in general, volunteer management). But occasionally I have to do volunteer training (I've been dropped so many times out of our various equipment - and involved in work vehicle malfunctions - that it's now just a running joke) and sometimes (like this week) if I'm feeling kinda grumpy and burned out that my co-workers will get me outside to help out with other random tasks like bike inventory (aka making sure all the bikes work by taking them out for rides).

I often tell people, I cant see myself working here for the long term because it's not what I want to do with the rest of my life, but it's a really fun job and it's a paycheque during a pandemic so I'm not complaining (often)

I think I'm going to need to be eased into the large-scale stuff. But, I'm normally not a hugger but right now, all I want is a hug, or any physical affection from my friends. I wanna be able to go out for dinner with them, hug them hello and goodbye and share some good food!

Mistress_Renata and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    @Briannakin I am the extreme opposite of a hugger (I literally had a director in theater make me rehearse a hug with my character’s cousin for half an hour so I would look like I was happy about it) and I have some people I want to hug. In the last year, I’ve hugged my roommate every few months, my friend’s daughter out of habit once, and got to be hugged by my best friend and her husband and their two kids a lot on vacation because they’d already had it and were not contagious. It was such a joy to hug each other at midnight 2021.

This coming Monday is the 5-year anniversary of my debut novel coming out, which is so surreal to me. It was my long-time dream to have my books on library shelves and thanks to a website, I know where in the world that happens. The first time was because my good friend from college requested a copy for the library where she’s one of the librarians, so she sent me a picture of it just before shelving it in Michigan.

@Ewok Poet, people are vehemently opposed to being told what not to do in this statement. This is how people have had 10,000-person parties that started countywide outbreaks, for example. The company that organized them? Young and Dumb, LLC. True story. I sympathize with numbers being on the rise for general stupidity.