main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    If Kenobi is to appear in Andor, then they would have to do some messing around in CGI to make Ewan look more like Sir Alec Guinness, and Ewan would have to spend even more time studying Sir Alec Guinness' speech patterns and voice in ANH.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Or they could just not bother with that and embrace the fact that these are English-speaking actors interpreting characters in a story set in a non-English-speaking galactic civilization, and not historical footage.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    just have Stephon stanton who voiced him in Rebels help Ewna sound little more like OG Obi Wan.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Or leave him out of the show entirely because it’s only five years before ANH and he really shouldn’t be having any communication with the Rebels at this point. Yeah, let’s go with that option.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Why limit story potenial with Kenobi and rebellion, as we know him and Bail are still in contact and Kenobi knows whats happenning in the galaxy. Also it will be great to see more Kenobi in both Andor and Ahsoka after Kenobi.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We don’t know that actually. In fact it’s highly unlikely they were still in contact. If Bail had a way to communicate with Obi-Wan he wouldn’t need to send his daughter to Tatooine to retrieve him. He could have just rung him up on the hologram.

Obi-Wan is in hiding and watching over Luke. He isn’t a part of the rebellion and really shouldn’t be in Andor unless it’s maybe a brief interaction with him like in Rebels. Personally though I think even that is too much since I really don’t like Ewan portraying him this close to ANH.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can understand this, but i think sooner or later some of the characters in star wars are gonna have this going up close or after the OT. I think a cameo with hologram in season 1 of Andor before Kenobi, i also think with Ahsoka possible in this, we could get short reunited friends. I think Bail and Kenobi has ways of contacting each other, maybe not the usual way, maybe they go old school and Bail and Kenobi meets in secrets, i think they could still be meeting until right up to the formation of the rebel alliance.

8. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Sure, but Ahsoka's appearance had a different intent. First, she was needed to fill in exposition about Grogu, and then her story in The Mandalorian was essentially a backdoor pilot for her eventual miniseries. Also, despite the popularity of the character with most fans, she still wasn't that prominently known to general audiences, so her introduction in live action and Rosario Dawson's casting needed a beta test before the announcement of her miniseries.

While involving Obi-Wan in a timeframe presumably set after his own miniseries isn't out of the question, it would still feel weird for me.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we need to accept now that Obi Wan didn't just stay on Tatooine, sure he portected Luke and looked after him but coudn't do it 24/7. I think Kenobi will explore him and his character trough an arc and Andor he'll be the old hermit in disguise, but still a jedi who can't just sit and do nothing.

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    But how do we know the story “intent” of Obi-wan in Andor isn’t similarly supportive of the narrative, and how do we know it isn’t a setup for his story in the Obi-wan series? Feels like it could be a very similar thing happening here.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  11. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well this set up would be set 5 years after his show.

Shamear and naw ibo like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    setup as him and Bail working together and him being somewhat invoolved with the galaxy at large.

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I really don't like how the GFFA seems to be getting smaller with every rumour regarding 'guest cameos' in the different series.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I take everything with a grain of salt until it is officially confirmed tbh.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    of course, for all we know it might all be bs, but it's s fun to speculate if every character that lives in this timeperiod cameos in these shows.

16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    The universe can never get small. Because there are new characters introduced all the time in this universe. Some that get completely forgotten about. Anyone remember Phasma? She was once a new character. Non-stop new characters is fine for a franchise that wants new Star Wars every year. But maybe some recognition is important too

Not sure that's needed as a set up. Especially when Obi wan would explain it anyway.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Shamear and naw ibo like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Andor get more into it with Kenobi only hints at it.

18. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    But it's set FIVE years after a whole series that will be devoted to his character, even though it will be aired first, and whatever involvement he may or may not have. I mean I love Obi-Wan and would like to see as much of him as possible but I can't see any real purpose to having him appear in Andor set in a time period after his own series, which will not have been shown yet. It doesn't set anything up that needs setting up. His next appearance is ANH and that has an explanation. Leia had incredibly important plans, she NEEDED them to get to the rebellion because she wouldn't be able to do it. I imagine Bail, trusting her completely, told her that if she was on the outer rim and in absolutely desperate need of help, this is the person she could contact, so she did. Andor should connect to Rogue One which connects to Leia in ANH but LEIA is the one who connects to Obi-Wan. It unnecessary for Andor and Leia to both connect to him, it's overkill.

With Ahsoka and The Mandalorian, it's setting up a potential starting point for her series, not letting you know what she is doing AFTER something that hasn't even aired yet.

Plus isn't Andor filming in the UK?(that's the last I heard, could be wrong), Kenobi is filming in Los Angeles. And Ewan I believe is in Los Angeles.

19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    And they get killed off. If you keep re-using the same 'stars' over and over again then the GFFA does seem rather a small, exclusive club.

cwustudent and Mostly Handless like this.
  20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But thats the thing isn't it. new characters become old characters fairly quickly. so what does new actually mean? just new people constantly?

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think it’s gonna happen. Just people running the rumor mill

22. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    You're probably right and I'm just getting paranoid.

But.... I still suspect that one particular FM here (who posts these type of rumours all the time) is actually Filoni testing the waters.

cwustudent likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think little cameo from Kenobi in Andor can work great. Him and Bail, still in contact and working together.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It could just be Obi-wan in the shadows of a Tatooine cliff watching a holo of Bail Organa. No reason to panic just yet.

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe Bail sends him a message? An update on Leia or something?