main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Din Grogu [Baby Yoda] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    He looks like a Garbage Pail Kid.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I think next season will focus on Din and Mandalore, his relationship w/Bo-Katan in particular.

5. Zoe Con

Zoe Con Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 5, 2020
    I totally agree. Somehow I still think they'll weave in some mention of Grogu and the issue of why they want Grogu's blood. There are a lot of lose ends and potential in terms of where they can go with the story. Regardless, I look forward to it.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I heard a theory (and someone here mentioned it as well) that Grogu could also become a Mandalorian so we could see him as much.

7. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020

Technically, he already is. Being part of the Clan of Two, and in possession of the pendant. With some maturity and training, he'll make his own decision in terms of his identity, (Jedi/Mandalorian), a path both him and Din are on.

8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Right. He could (at some point) leave the Jedi or become a Mandalorian Jedi....the second if I'm right.

Zoe Con likes this.
  9. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  11. Saturn830

Saturn830 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm imagining a scenario where Grogu senses his friends are in danger like Luke in ESB, and Luke, knowing exactly how this is going to end up, just tosses Grogu the keys to Red 5 and tells him to try and keep all his limbs.

Sarge and Zoe Con like this.
  12. haliya

haliya Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2021
    new to this forum but regarding that i've seen videos floating around in youtube too that the title name of the show "the mandalorian" is actually referring to grogu, possibility but i dont subscribe much in the theory. I still do think grogu would be the second mandalorian jedi after tarre vizsla. He'll probably go back to the mandalorian way to pay respect to din (if lets say he dies) and part way with luke after the decision to go and rebuild the future his dad wants

13. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    My hope is this could very well happen and would give a reason for them to reunite. Grogu is still very young, and with Din, they could build it together, and then Grogu can carry on Din's legacy years later. Also, ending all strive/ bad history between the Mandalorians and the Jedi.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Probably me. I’ve repeated it a million times. I do things like that.

TadoFett and Maythe14thBeWithYou like this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I hope he pays closer attention next time to how to do the wiring.

[​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  17. Darth Derringer

Darth Derringer Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 1999
    I don't disagree BUT I strongly suspect that the audience will also be getting peeks at what's going on with Grogu's training. I may be wrong but I believe The Mandalorian was always intended to be about the two of them -- and will continue to be, even if they've been physically separated.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think we’ll see Grogu pretty quickly in season 3. Maybe not the first episode, but pretty soon after that

Zoe Con, Santana Jade and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    It's my hope to see glimpses of Grogu. Trying to keep my expectations low, but I'm sure they'll run amok for the next 12 months. lol
    I'm all ready for a third season focused on Din's journey with the other Mandos and Mandalore with minimal Grogu. That said, I can't see a third season in which Din has filed the memory of the child away like he didn't exist after the show built such a strong bond between the two. Conversations around Grogu, especially if Boba, Fennec, Greef, Bo Kataan and even the Armorer are going to come up. It should be interesting how Din reacts and deals with it. Also, Gideon knows much more about the Child (apart from cloning, blood analysis, etc.) which I think goes back to the days in the Jedi Temple.

20. Darth Derringer

May 9, 1999
    It's all pure speculation at this point, but personally, I will be shocked if Season 3 doesn't include Baby Grogu.

The Mandalorian is as much about Grogu as it is about Mando. Given the huge role that Grogu plays in the show's popularity, I find it hard to believe they'd deliberately remove him from the show.

Zoe Con and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus all that merchandise

Zoe Con and Darth Derringer like this.
  22. Darth Derringer

May 9, 1999
    ESPECIALLY BECAUSE of all that merchandise. :) :) :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah CGI Luke and Grogu, I think at least 3 appearances, in season 3 premiere, in the middle of the season and in the season 3 finale. In season 4 he'll either be back or in another show.

24. Zoe Con

Jun 5, 2020
    I forget to mention that fact that he's their billion dollar baby. Again, it'll depend on how they utilize him. I just hope, in the long term, that Grogu ends up back with Mando. Hoping for somewhat of a "happy ending" at the end of it all. But who knows where they want to go with the whole thing.

25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I actually think we're likelier to see Grogu reunite with Ahsoka in her miniseries first.

Zoe Con likes this.