main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kathleen Kennedy not leaving lucasfilm

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by black_saber, Mar 9, 2021.

1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    According to bob Chapek ceo of Disney he said that Kathleen Kennedy will be working with lucasfilm for many years to come.

I am a little disappointed with the news because I was hoping for Dave filioni or Deborah chow to take over.

Kathleen Kennedy is a hit and miss creative at lucasfilm and I do support her call to firing Gina carano because the actress made a lot of racists and anti Semitic tweets on Twitter.

So what’s your opinion on Kathleen Kennedy’s extension contract for years to come?

TX-20 and Tython Awakening like this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I think her tenure at Lucasfilm can be viewed overall as a success. One theatrical film out of five underperformed at box office.

TX-20, DarthBoba and Vittoria like this.
  3. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Yeah go figure and I do give the mods permission to change the in the word of the thread title leaving instead of living my bad.

I do sometimes need my spelling check guys sorry. It’s part of my disability.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not that surprising. Like at all. Most of what has happened under her has been financial success after success

TX-20 and Vittoria like this.
  5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    True but haters are going to be hating the idea of Kathleen Kennedy not being replaced.

I do worry that Star Wars might be doomed. I do worry about more boycotting and movies bombing at the box office

Edit: I do want and give permission for any mod to replace the word “living”to “leaving”within the title of the thread I started.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    They were never gonna tell them she's fired there.

I still think she'll go when her contact is up but I think the story will be K.K is moving on to other creative endeavours, not being fired.

Shamear and black_saber like this.
  7. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    As long as she sticks to running the business side of things and doesn't intefere with F&F's creative decisions, I don't see a reason to rock the boat. I'm far from a fan of Kennedy's overall performance but I generally like the way things have been going the past year.

8. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I think if anybody she should watch very carefully is Rian Johnson trilogy to make sure he try’s not to split the fan like he did with the last Jedi and keep him on tight control, but of course she Kathleen Kennedy should stay away from creative choices.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Fixed the thread title. If something similar happens again you can use the Report function to request a change - all the mods can see the reports.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she'll have anew 3 to 5 year contract. She's here to stay for the coming future.

Vittoria likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She isn’t going anywhere. I for one am pretty happy about that.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she'll stay until her young replacement is ready to go, michelle Rejwan.

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Why where you expecting something that was virtually impossible?

Neither Dave Filoni nor Deborah Chow have any experience at all at being a producer, much less running a sizeable company. They are creative leads working in creative roles, not executives with experience of running the financial side. You could just as well have wished for Mark Hamill.

There isn't a single good reason why you would someone like Filoni or Chow take such a role. Not only do they have very little idea of what it takes to run such a company, but you would also force them away from a creative role. If you think that Dave Filoni is the right person to lead the franchise creatively, than you should want him to stay as far away from the role of president of Lucasfilm as possible.

George Lucas could do it, because a) he didn't bother to deal with day-to-day operations of the company, leaving that mostly to other managers, and b) because the entire company exclusively existed to cater to his needs as owner, creative lead, director and writer all in one person, with every single project running directly through him. That has changed, and now you have the company leadership focusing on what a company leadership focuses on (financial details and general development) and multiple creative leads working on different new concepts (movies and tv-shows).

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hahahahaha, Dave Filoni![face_laugh] the internett sure is funny, he, Chow and Faveru was never going to be next president, that be Kathleen Kennedy's protoge. Michelle Rejwan.

Vittoria likes this.
  15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Meh. Lucasfilm under Kathleen Kennedy chose Favreau, Filoni, and Edwards. They also chose Abrams and Johnson. I assume future Star Wars is going to continue to be a mixed bag for me - some of it will be great and some of it I probably won't care for, depending on who is chosen on the creative side.

black_saber likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Actually Bob Iger chose Abrams and Kathleen chose the others.

black_saber and Reepicheep775 like this.
  17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    That’s what I am predicting too.

I respect Kathleen Kennedy more for firing Gina carano for posting anti Semitic and racists things on Twitter because I am half Jewish.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also form all the new shows no one stands out to me as out off place.

19. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    She turns 68 in June.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah so continnue to 71 or 74. I think her replacement will slowly taking her place.

21. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    Im pleased if true. In my personal opinion I think she has done a decent enough job with LFL and have enjoyed the stuff she has done with LFL

22. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Do you guys think there might be more boycotting of Star Wars since Kathleen Kennedy is going to be staying for who knows how many years?

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The fact that she produced the sequel trilogy without a story arc should be enough to replace her.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah because there's several factors that go into the sequel trilogy and one is Bob Iger.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This 1000%. I don't even care as much about the feminism and all that stuff that causes uproar, but how can you not approach your company's big endeavor without a long term plan in place? Just look at Kevin Feige - that should be the standard.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    StarYogi likes this.