main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

When you get down figurines to help sort out a conversation.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Kit looks very angry. :eek: Should we be worried?

amidalachick and GregMcP like this.
  3. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, you make do with what you have.

Kit's a jovial sort of fellow normally.

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    --when you're reading the new Rise of Skywalker novelization & you keep waiting for General Hux to mention his beloved cat, Millicent.

Exeter, pronker, amidalachick and 2 others like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Priceless! [face_laugh][face_rofl]@};-

pronker, amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I'm surprised Rae Carson forgot about Millicent...I mean, she was in the entire 3 films sitting in Hux's private room in a cardboard box somewhere. How could anyone miss her?! :p

Also,
    .....you have a great idea for a story, already have ideas and story lines written out and then the next day you're just not feeling it anymore and begin to wonder if you should scrap it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    ...you have not one but *three* ideas for a single prompt. @Mira_Jade, you have no idea what you have done with the god quote. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Exeter, GregMcP, pronker and 5 others like this.
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    When you finally manage to not only write but FINISH something!

darkspine10, GregMcP, Exeter and 8 others like this.
  9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW after multiple experiences, you recognize your fanfiction writing process in a new fandom: burst of inspiration, writing like mad several scenes out of sequence, followed by the ending and author's notes, and then the eternal question: how to fill the gaps?o_O Also in this revelation is your tendency towards inserting "humor" in what you originally meant to be a serious drama with ~Personal Epiphanies.[face_coffee]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    You're playing around with Google Maps for some location research and discover Kanan Dume Road! :kanan:

Gamiel, Exeter, Ewok Poet and 4 others like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Reminds me of how I found a bizarre Pizza Hutt review pinned onto the Roreti village mark, on the Arorae island of the Kiribati. And I don't know what I was doing there, anyway. Probably checking how far the Oceania nations are from one another.

amidalachick and pronker like this.
  12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Fascinating! And, zooming out of the close map, there's a Dume State Marine Preserve, too ... since it's SoCal, a good guess is that the Kanan Dume road contains some show biz connection ... *ponders*

amidalachick likes this.
  13. Bel505

Bel505 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 4, 2006
    When you're about to finish a fanfic novel which ended up being 200,000 words long (!) and you're already working on your fourth scene and twentieth outline of the sequel...

This sounds very familiar! Writing Interregnum, I sort of had bursts of inspiration for scenes, then struggled to find ways to link them all together. Sometimes I'd be lucky and have new bursts when filling in the gaps, other times I'd struggle for weeks to come up with anything even half-decent.

Gabri_Jade, pronker and amidalachick like this.
  14. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    My exact and eternal process, right here

15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    ...when you search the web for a proper family tree creator to have a look at the tangeled family conncetions you have created around your characters...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  16. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I like Family EchoDAHTKAHM, if this helps any. :)

amidalachick and Anedon like this.
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    That was the one I used. :)

amidalachick and pronker like this.
  18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    That's nice to hear; I like it especially because it includes "second set of parents," "friends of family," and other categories. :) Just perfect for ficcing!

amidalachick likes this.
  19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you're reviewing fic again (now that you're less likely to write a Dukes of Hazzard crossover... and wouldn't that be entertaining for us all) and end up at... "Where am I, why is this spread out across four continents including Antarctica, was I really trying to make a weird thing less weird... was this story ALWAYS this weird?" (Yes. It was always this weird.)

edit... am I STILL working on the update mentioned on page 192 of this thread? (Wow, have I been stuck a long, long time...) [face_blush]

Edit: not stuck on that same update any longer. Yes, I needed to say so. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  20. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    That weird idea you have that, once written down, you wonder if anyone else is going to get it, or will they just think "This is stupid".

21. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    When highlight 400 words, backspace seems better than posting something innocuous.

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...when you have two entirely different nurses in two different stories, that do not take place in the same universe or even in the same timeline, being clinically upset over a character over-indulging in power bars or their equivalent. (I swear I didn't even do that on purpose. [face_whistling] :oops: )

23. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    A random Tumblr post, a song, and a challenge prompt collide to produce a plot bunny for a character you haven't written in ages. Said plot bunny is also darker than anything you've written in a long time (if ever). This is gonna be...interesting. [face_laugh]

DaenaBenjen42 and pronker like this.
  24. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    ....you look at the story you are trying to write and say, "story, can you just kind of go write yourself? That'll be great."

25. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

When this is your desk and you are trying to slip your characters to fit into an existing story! :eek: