main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jar Jar Binks Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Jedi_Benji, Jul 4, 2003.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I never really got the idea that he was somehow a Dark Sider.

Why can't he be just a poor clumsy Gungan.

We got our fair share of klutz's in our world too.
    And I'm amongst them.

So the idea of "Jar Jar the Sith" Never made sense to me.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I am jumping belatedly on this Jar Jar wagon. In light of recent events, I actually really now appreciate his very clear childlike appeal. I personally feel terrible for Ahmed Best so meesa gonna say, Jar Jar - I actually miss ya. MWAH ahhh..

3. jkarateking

jkarateking Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    #BringBackJarJar

I mean he must be living during Rogue One. One can dream right?

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    If they do bring him back for Rogue one, (Which is unlikely since they seem to be on the role of appeasing the haters) I'm afraid what they might do with him, they could kill him, or worse! I'd rather him be disused, and live then be used and unceremoniously killed off just to appease those who dislike him. [face_praying]Please let him live forever.

5. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    If Jar Jar returns to Force Awakens, maybe he will get a lot more attention,than Rey,Finn and Kylo,summed.
    However,I think Disney can suggest J.J to bring back Jar Jar son.
    And I think J.J will agree with it.

6. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I don't dislike Jar Jar... but... honestly... I think if he returned back to the saga, it would be a mess because there are many people who wish to punch the character again. I think it's better leave the things to be, simply. He is in the prequels and you can see what happened then :-(

I think many people actually want Jar Jar to return to be able of criticize again or laugh at him. I think the most reasonable thing to do is leave the character alone. At least until the people realize there can be many types of characters and they don't focus negatively and in an overstated manner on him.

I will not opine about the theories which claims that Jar Jar is a Sith XD.

The character is O.K. to me. I understand he is one more of the group of TPM, nothing else. I don't think I have to focus negatively on him or reduce the description of the movie to: "It's everything about Jar Jar!". Everyone deserve a opportunity and TPM teach us that even different people (or races) can work together, and that we have to be more tolerant with people different to us. We should learn about it and respect Jar Jar. At the end, he helped much to our Jedi friends :)

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I like Jar Jar, but yes I agree. I don't think he will be brought back nor would it necessarily be a good thing. I mean I wouldn't mind, but considering those that hate him, hate him with such a passion... I don't see Disney taking that chance.

8. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Well Disney actually had great success with Zootopia which has characters like Jar Jar Binks.

9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm less worried about how the haters feel, and more worried about what Disney might do to him to appease them. [face_nail_biting]

Leave our favorite clumsy Gungan be Disney. [face_shame_on_you]

10. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    i feel sorry for jar-jar:_|:_| soooooooooo i will Join

J7Luke and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Jar Jar rules!

Come one guys and gals we gotta keep the Jar Jar love alive! Preach it!
    [face_party][face_dancing]

J7Luke likes this.
  12. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    They should make a movie. Jar Jar and that character from the movie Paul called Paul should be on a road trip from LA to Reno.

13. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    this is so funny!!!!!!

J7Luke and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  14. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello everybody nice to meet you.

[​IMG]

15. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    I've been looking for a thread like this. Jar Jar's not my favorite character or anything, but I feel really bad for him as a character and for the actor that played him. When I first saw the PT, I didn't pay Jar Jar too much attention. Then, I jumped on the bandwagon of Jar Jar haters after reading some reviews and watching some videos on the subject. Recently, though, I saw those interviews with the guy that played him (and did some research on the surprisingly believable Darth Jar Jar theory), and it changed my opinion on Jar Jar. I also realised that people take Star Wars too seriously. I am a huge Star Wars fan, but if you can't just chuckle at things like Jar Jar's slapstick humor or a race of sentient teddy bears defeating the Empire, then it actually takes away from the Star Wars experience. Instead of trying to find fault, just enjoy the movies and stuff for what they are. Anyways, that's the end of my soapbox. Long story short, I'll join the fanclub! :)

Edit: Oh yeah, and those episodes of TCW with Mace and Jar Jar were awesome too. They actually made me like Jar Jar for reasons other than just feeling bad for him.

16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    There are a number of characters who rate higher on my list than Jar-Jar, but I don't understand why he gets so much hate. He doesn't deserve it. He may be a klutz, but he's a good guy and people need to cut him a break. So count me in.

17. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    Now if you thought Baby Yoda was cute wait until you take a glimpse of this.
    [​IMG]
    Created by Leo Viti

18. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Or this

[​IMG]

Ewok Poet, CISMestizo and Iron_lord like this.
  19. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    !!!JAR JAR I CHOOSE YOU!!!

[​IMG]
    By Ry-Spirit who also did a bunch of these for other Star Wars characters.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Man I miss Jar Jar. Wish we would get a comic about him or something

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I would not rule that out. If anything else, Disney folks realised that all species and characters have their own audience.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am mostly meh on Jar Jar I just want to see him in the imperial era

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I remember when Jar Jar first showed up in TCW in the episode "Bombad Jedi". I was hoping they would defy everyone's expectations and turn Jar Jar into this hyper-competent spy-commando with no explanation given for the change. He'd still have the same personality and mannerisms as before, except he'd be super-competent. And after Jar Jar saves the day, Padmé, Anakin and Obi-Wan would just be confused and bewildered at what happened.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why?

I mean it would be like having Goofy suddenly appearing in a show and then acting nothing like Goofy.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    And Jar Jar IS a character based on Goofy, after all.

Gamiel likes this.