main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Setting an arbitrary number of any kind isn't a good idea, fit to story.
    There are Netflix shows where the padding is so obvious as to be visible. Don't want that on SW.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Fair enough.

Also i think the week to week approach helps as well in that regard.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not always, really does depend on the story - Expense S5 would not have worked for me week to week, too slow a pace.

4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    It's interesting how much the quick death of the syndication requirements has benefitted storytelling in series.

There are certain aspects of the old school rhythm of a 26 or 22 episode season that I'll miss, including filler episodes -- I always find it interesting how art conforms to technical or commercial restrictions, leading to its own intrinsic quirks. But on balance it's an improvement.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

As much as I like Rebels I always felt Rebels was sorta limited by the powers of traditional Cable television.

Resistance strangely in terms of it's pacing and story actually really managed to navigate traditional cable TV that first season before they decided to pull the plug on it, but honestly Resistance I think knew it was a Disney XD show while Rebels i think wanted to be more Clone Wars but couldn't for obvious reasons.

6. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

8. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015

Odd that they couldn’t just recast.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think CGI Luke and what happened with Solo shows how Lucasfilm feels about recasting at this point

Whats more odd was that you think the Bo-Katan story would continue in Mando

10. PimpBacca

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m pretty sure Donald Glover was excepted pretty well, so it’s not all recasting. Plus it’s not long or cara dune is Star Wars royalty like Han and Luke.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

True.

I don't know the logic behind it to be honest? Espeically when it comes to recasting and not reacasting.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the show will still come out, but will be re-written.

JediBatman likes this.
  13. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Maybe Lucasfilm should wait until they're actually a good chunk into working on something before announcing it in the future.

14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Then you've got fans having meltdowns over a lack of news, like in mid-2019 when nobody knew what was coming after TROS and Mando season 1 and people demanded a Kevin Feige-style roadmap of all upcoming content extending into the foreseeable future. Do you announce most or all of your plans and risk fan anger when plans change, or do you tactically announce upcoming material when there's little risk of plans changing and have fans angry anyway because the lack of a public roadmap causes them to assume you simply don't have one? I certainly don't know what the right course of action is, perhaps Lucasfilm hasn't figured it out either.

15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Well basically I no longer have faith in any upcoming Star Wars live action thing to happen unless it's actually being filmed. Remember when Benioff and Weiss were doing a trilogy? Speaking of Kevin Feige, wasn't he supposed to be making a Star Wars movie? Taika Waititi? The Rian Johnson trilogy? All we've got from Patty Jenkins is a video of her walking towards an X-Wing - can we actually expect more?

darthzac14 and Golbolco like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Problem with this show is because of one horrible wannabe actrees.

Serfer and JediFett10 like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly take the outline and rename the ranger Bara Moon or something. It's not as if the Star Wars galaxy is wanting for random ex New Republic agents.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My suspicion is they brainstormed part of the plot with Gina Carano beforehand, and now are debating how to rework it.

I'm still surprised they practically handed her her own TV show and didn't realize she was a wild card on social media.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Talk about career suicide.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    PimpBacca likes this.
  20. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    I think it's reasonable to expect people to not make complete fools of themselves in public but...yeah, I would agree.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

On a more fun note
    [​IMG]

Big event huh...hmm

[​IMG]

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Thrawn trilogy with Ezra taking Luke's role, Luke cameo in this.

24. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think Luke’s role is going to exist in this version. Or Leia’s. Or Han’s.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Witch is why i think Ezra takes the jedi role, but i think a Luke cameo isn't out of the question.