main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Moonlight Becomes You So. Nyota & Others for Mini Games ~Classic Roulette~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 21, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    "Moonlight Becomes You So"

#3 for the Classical Piano Challenge is Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata (Movement One)."
    Thanks to @Pandora

Context: Nyota and her sister have views about moonlight serenades etc. They both find their dreams of love in different ways.

----

Growing up, it was Nyota whose natural musical talent led her to play and sing songs about moonlight while her sister dreamed romantic dreams about having a sweet stroll under the moon's silvery beams.

When Kashore met and fell in love with Dajan, he matched her in the romantic penchant department so they often had sunset picnics which spilled over and lengthened into moonrise embraces.

Meanwhile, Nyota was focused completely on her career in Communications and didn't care a whit about getting lost in a sigh about moonglow and being serenaded.

When Nyota shipped out, her sister often wondered what strange stars and alien moons her sister found herself under.

For her part, Nyota fell unexpectedly and eternally in love and suddenly all the songs about moonlight and basking in adoration started to have personal relevance.

Her soul's choice, Spock, was totally (allegedly) mystified by such indulgences, even while he secretly basked in the lovely picture Nyota painted as they strolled together under moons of fascinating hues.

He would gaze raptly at her and the way the gentle radiance would catch in her tresses and eyes and be echoed in her serene smile.

She would softly chuckle and ask with all innocence, "What are you looking at, love?"

"I would think that is obvious," he would answer and she laughed and would hum bars of "Moonlight Becomes You So."

===

^:)^

2. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    This is such a beautiful response to a beautiful piece of music! I love all the moonlight imagery you used. [face_love]

SQUEE! [face_love]

'Moons of fascinating hues' just sounds so pretty. And Spock's admiration of Nyota and their love here is so beautiful too. Lovely work. =D=[face_love]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota and songs. That has me remembering her in the movie ST V singing and dancing

4. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm none too familiar with the Star Trek universe, and I don't know if Uhura's sister is an established character, or an original one of yours, but I know enough so that doesn't distract from the story, which is essentially that of two sisters--one a dreamer, and the other pragmatic, both of whom find love in their own ways. I can understand both of their worldviews, as I share both a fondness for songs about moonlight, and Kashore's love of moonlight walks (though mine are, sadly, never romantic in nature). They are so magical that even the ever-logical Spock can't be immune to their charms.

And as Starfleet officers, he and Nyota are able to walk underneath many different moons orbiting many different worlds, which I think would be really neat, from both a scientific and aesthetic point of view. "Moons of fascinating hues," indeed.

Thank you for writing this for my challenge!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the reviews. Yes, I think that would totally be an upside of seeing many worlds, enjoying not just the variation in culture but in scenery. ;) And songs about moonlight+ romance are timeless. :D

Kahara likes this.
  6. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    I really like the soft and moonlight-like feel of this; it fits the prompt so well. @};-

I can definitely see that being how Nyota would see the whole idea of such moonlight serenades as a young girl -- appreciating the beauty of music but also wanting to always be doing something and honing her skills.

I love this idea! And the later reference to "moons of fascinating hues" as well that others have mentioned. There's something wonderful about the idea of a kind of natural beauty that seems so much of Earth also being part of Nyota and Spock's experience in the great starry beyond -- but in a new and different way, because these are alien worlds. It's also a hint bittersweet, as the music itself is, that to expand her horizons and see those far-off worlds Nyota and Kashore are separated (at least for a while). They each have someone who adores them to share their different skies, though. [face_love]

Aww, I really like how playful and caring they are to each other here and how they each find the magic in the moonlight. @};-

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Kahara! Thanks for stopping in and the wonderful things you highlighted. @};- I love the romantic standards/ballads very much so it was a true treat to be able to use one for my OTP. [face_love]

Kahara likes this.