main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Saga - Legends On the Edge of the Empire

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira Grau, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Title: On the Edge of the Empire
    Author: Anedon
    Characters: Arien Redan, Wilhuff Tarkin, Gideon Tarkin
    Genre: Diary
    Timeline: 19 BBY-7 ABY
    Summary: Feeling the end of his life drawing closer Arien Redan has one final gift for his nephew. His old diary, from the days when served as the imperial protector of Eriadu.

Notes: This story is, somewhat, related to my Malek family stories, if you read those you might recognize Tobin, to whom these diaries are adressed/handed as Ilonas boyfriend and later husband.

Thanks to @Adalia-Durron for the beta and support. :)

Tobin, my dear nephew. The coughing is getting worse with every day and while the doctors assure me that I will be alright again soon I feel with every part of my body that my end is drawing closer. And that´s okay, I´ve accepted my own mortality a long time ago, in fact when I first set foot on this frozen hellhole that has been mine, our home for the last thirty years I was ready to end it just then and there. To just step outside into the storm and let the snow claim me. For it to bring the justice that your father spared me from. But then you came, and gave my life a sense, a purpose, a chance to do right with you where I had failed with myself. To do at least something good in this galaxy. In that way, you saved my life and for that I am grateful. I can take solace in the fact that you are such a better man already than I ever was. No that my life nears its end you will soon be forced to step into my shoes and continue my work on this world and I know you will do a great job. You have been like a son to me and so everything I own will be yours, including my old diaries, which I hope might help you. We of course talked countless times about these events, the events of my 23 years long rule over Eriadu in the name of the galactic empire. But reading through my diaries, and seeing my younger self's perspective might help you understand why I made the decisions I made. For this we have to go back, back to the last day of the Clone Wars, when I was barely thirty and the newly appointed commander of the ORSF.

This is the final lesson I hope to teach you, now that soon you will enter into a position of authority: Power corrupts. Powerful men are almost always evil men, I would know, for I was both.

19 BBY The War is over

The message reached us over secure com earlier today before then being broadcasted through the holonet. The war is over, well most of it. While a large number of CIS battle groups has shut down all over the galaxy some holdouts seem to continue the fighting. But it is still good news, I can still hear the celebration in the city below. The people are happy it's finally over, that the time of rationing food and energy are over, and that no further attacks will happen. That the rep... the new order has finally achieved victory. Still need to learn the new designations. This truly was an insane few weeks since the attack on Coruscant occurred, makes me kind of wonder if Gideon knew what was coming when he made me the new head of the ORSF. Gideon Tarkin, now Senator of Eriadu trying to outshine his brother it seems. But it's good to know he doesn´t forget his brother in law in this, especially now that Marica is only weeks away from giving birth to their first child. My little sister is becoming a mother, still sometimes hard for me to see her as more than a rebellious young teenager. I hope I can be a good uncle to the kid, as far as my new position leaves me time for it. The Quintad has decreed that to celebrate the end of the war we will hold a large military parade on Eriadu soon, including the showcasing to captured equipment and a big air show. A detachment of imperial forces will be in attendance as well as the new Sector Governor of the Seswenna Sector Wilhuff Tarkin, some rumors even speculate the new Emperor himself will attend the event. If that is the case it's even more important that everything will go perfect. This parade will be the first great endeavor of Eriadu in the new order of the empire and I will try my very best to ensure we show ourselves from our best side. Which will probably involve a lot of extra hours and too little sleep for the next two weeks. Can almost hear my mother scolding me "Arien, you shouldn´t complain, your new position is a great honor and responsibility, take it like a true Redan." Even though I´m now the military commander of our homeworld she still treats me like a child and I somehow doubt that will ever stop.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Adalia-Durron and ZV-83 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent context. You can hear the wisdom and reflection in the prelude and then in the actual diary the sense of triumph and relief that the long war is over, and trying to get used to the fact that the Republic is an Empire [face_thinking]

Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  3. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, glad you enjoy it so far. :)
    Yeah in his old age he defenetly looks quite different on those events. But I think back in the day the end of the clone wars and even the rise of the empire was seen as something positive by many across the galaxy.

19 BBY The Day before the Parade

Have barely slept the last few days, there has been work everywhere, never thought that being in a position of authority was so much hard work. Since it was confirmed that the Emperor himself will be in attendance it got even worse, every minute of my day I get either called by people who tell me that we cannot, in no circumstance allow anything happening to him when he comes here, and people who hope I can get them close to our new ruler for a meeting. As if I could even decide that, when I'm not called by nobles its various other people wanting to tell us about possible or actual planned attacks. We have gotten so many hints on allegedly suspicious people we can't even check most of them. Was bad enough when people where accusing their unloved neighbors of being Jedi in disguise, but now the whole world has gone mad it seems. Those 'Jedi' are another issue, I read the reports on them and the majority seem to be utterly innocent, while two seem to be honestly mad. Wouldn't make sense for a Jedi to flee to Eriadu anyway, their meddling in the past has made them many enemies in the nobility. But now the empire demands me to hand all the people we arrested over for 'interrogation' clearly breaking the law on the sovereignty of Imperial member worlds. Asked Senator Tarkin about it but he just shrugged it off and told me to go along with the Imperial demands. Great, but back to the parade where we will have to rely on our own preparations and the fact that most Eriaduans seem so far accepting of the New Order. The Emperor will spend the majority of his stay shielded from the public and protected by his own bodyguards as well as an additional unit of the ORSF, during the parade we have an energy shield strong enough to withstand artillery fire over his balcony at all times. We have heard the Emperor's new right hand will be in attendance as well, but no one I know has ever heard of this 'Lord Vader' before, don't even know where he comes from. After the parade the Emperor has a few meetings with members of the Quintad, including mother who coms me every two hours to make sure I got the timing for it right. Honestly when this is over I might need to sleep for the entire following week. Might at least take a few days off to get some rest, spend some time with Myria, haven't been able to see her at all during the last few weeks. Maybe if mothers talks with the Emperor go well I could even ask her about the two of us again. Doubt it will do much, but maybe she will be more accepting this time. At least better than what she told me last time "Arien, you have to marry a noble woman, take the girl as a lover in secret if you must but she is not suited to bear the family name". It's not uncommon for nobles on Eriadu to have lovers, some couple even have 'arrangements' allowing both to see whoever they want in private, but I don't feel Myria would be thrilled at the idea. Even though she is a maid she is too headstrong to ever stand in the shadow of someone else, which is what attracted me to her in the first place. Guess we will see, first we all have to survive this parade I guess.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Arien's musings on thwarting would-be attackers and mob/crowd control, very slice of life. [face_thinking] Liked reading about Myria. It sounds like she is definitely capable to handle the demands of a public life, since she is strong enough not to stand in another's shadow/tolerate a rival ...

Anedon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks
    Myria would defenetly be capable of handling such a life, it her birth that has Arien's mother not want him to marry her. Its not befitting a noble in her mind. [face_shame_on_you]

19 ABY

Almost a week has passed since the parade and only now am I finally able to write this down. Turns out I was wrong, it wasn't the parade itself that I should have worried about. Though it was probably good that I did my duty on that front. To make it short, it went well, or as well as the visit of an Emperor could go I guess. We had a few instances of suspicious people trying to get close to the Central Square and at least four cases of people in fake ORSF uniforms being discovered. Good thing is nothing exploded an now shots were fired at the new head of state. Most people it seemed considered the visit more as an excuse to celebrate the end of the war once more. Had to keep several people away who apparently desired little more than to personally meet our guest of honor, a few even asked me if I could get them an autograph. If I had known a week ago it would go like that I would have laughed, but now that is gone. The actual problems arose less from what Eriadu might have done to the Emperor and more from what he did to it. We now have an Imperial Force Garrisoned on the planet, granted so far it's a small one but Imperial forces? The jurisdiction here is in our hands. Who authorized that? I tried to get into contact with an old friend in the Republican, now Imperial, military, but heard he had recently retired now that the war is over. Dug a bit deeper and it turns out he was actually arrested on charges of high treason. What is going on here? The Empire is clearly violating numerous treaties already. Talked to Marcia about it when I visited her, she will get into labor soon but seems in a good mood. She told me to keep my voice shut about my concerns, said it was dangerous, that Gideon had warned her as well. He said the Tarkin family had everything under control and the current developments where nothing but reassurance. Not sure if I can believe that, not after talking to mom. She was the stalwart tyrant of the family who would never accept a 'no' from any of her kids, or anyone else really. But after her private meeting with the Emperor she doesn't seem to be the same anymore. She speaks slowly, as if in a lucid dream, her hands are shaking, even though she tries to hide it and she seems to have aged at least ten years in the last week. Told me the same as Marica, to do my duty listen to my brother and don´t cause trouble with the imperials. She didn´t even protest when I said I was going to take the next week of at our estate. Expected her to ask if I would take Myria with me and then to protest but nothing. It almost seems she barely cares anymore. Something terrible must have happened to her, when dad died she barely showed any reaction, how can this one meeting have shaken her up so much? Will leave that for after this week, need some rest now, spend some time with someone not having dark clouds hanging over them. Meet Lucien tonight as I was packing, he seems to be taking the reigns of the family into his hands now, he and I where never as close as me and Marica are but I know he is reliable when it comes to things like that. Told me to have a good time and that he would cover for me just in case mom did realize what was going on. Thankful for that. These are dark times and it's good to know I can still rely on my family.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, a gentle crackdown :p

Anedon likes this.
  7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I kinda feel given that Eriadu`s rulers the Tarkin family are allies of Palpatine since even before the war Eriadu would probably be treated more gentle by the empire, at least at the beginning. But as the chapter showed, things begin to change even there.

18 ABY

Haven't been to our estate for several months now and really forgot how beautiful it is here. The house is a bit smaller than one might expect from a noble family, located next to a lake, in the dark forests of our homeworld. Surrounded by an energy fence to keep the creatures out. Managed by two old retainers of my family, who consider Myria as something of a surrogate daughter. Was near years on our first evening there and so the four of us celebrated it together, probably drunk too much of the home made liquors and maybe said a few things I shouldn't have but here, amongst friends I think its save. The silence of the wilderness is almost unnerving after spending so much time in the city. When Myria's breathing is the only thing in my ear each night it's almost as if something is missing. Feel its similar for her as we didn't get too much sleep in the first few nights here, though admittedly that had other reason as well. During the day she and I take a boat over the lakes or wander through the woods. Out there we are the couple we want to be, having each other's backs and sharing everything. Gods my writing is clumsy when it comes to this... As if I still was the shy sheltered child I have been when I met Myria for the first time. An orphan from one of the worst parts of our world our family took her in as a servant. She was different from our other maids and servants in that she never gave me any respect for my birth but instead bullied me in doing her work for her, to take care of my clothes and room myself. I should have disliked her, but the opposite was the case I was intrigued by her, for she was the one person in my life treating me as an equal. So I sought her out and we would spend time with each other. I taught her how to fight with a sword and she taught me how to take care of my chores. As our friendship grew I learned how to be more confident while Myria became a more agreeable and laid back woman as well. In the end we did almost everything together, from chores to sneaking out on adventures in the capital city. Sometimes Marica came with us and once or twice even Lucien. We had a great childhood and where best friends, but never realized there was something more. Until the day mother wanted to send Myria away, because she had found her behavior unacceptable, didn't want a maid to treat her kids as equals. It was possibly the one time in my life I was able to get my will against mother. Had to promise her to keep Myria 'in check' but she did relent and let her stay. Maybe because she saw that being around her made me more confident. In that night, I told Myria I loved her and we shared our first kiss. Continued to spend most of our time together until I joined the military, since then we can only see each other when I get time off duty. Time that will be even less now with my new position. One day when we where wandering through the forest we started joking about just running away, leaving Eriadu behind and head to Nar Shaddar, getting married, selling family heirlooms to buy us a ship and the necessary equipment to start a new life of adventure together. But as fun as it was to dream, it will never be more than that. My mother, even my siblings would send every bounty hunter in the galaxy after us. Still it's great to be together with her again. And to hear her joking about the Empire and its leader, helps me clear my mind and get over the dark clouds having gathered in the last few weeks. Seems even in these days she doesn´t let anyone forbid her mouth or thoughts.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent to read of their friendship and the way they bring out the vulnerable and genuine in one another. :D

I can well imagine how utterly tempting it would be to chuck everything and just be folks having grand adventures somewhere away from the demands and pressures of political life. [face_thinking]

Anedon likes this.
  9. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah, that why Arien is so attrakted to Myria, with her he can be himself.

That for sure, its a big responsibility and it comes with a lot of problems, makeing it sometimes look easier to run away...
    Thanks for your comment. :)

14 BBY

Been quite a few years since I last got to write something down in my diary, long and busy years for sure. Maybe Myria and I really should have run away more than four years ago now, might have allowed us to live and easier, happier life. Turned out the times where indeed only getting darker with every month. Several people I called friends have disappeared or been arrested and an aura of fear has come over entire society. The Imperial presence on Eriadu has only grown, or shall I say the Eriaduan presence in the Empire? My dear brother-in-law Gideon is still the senator while his brother Wilhuff is the Imperial Sector governor, or Moff as they call it of the Seswenna Sector. Their family is definitely rising through the ranks of power, which leads to mine getting there as well. With the Tarkins busy on Coruscant most of the time the actual governance of Eriadu falls to me. Never expected my little sister marrying into the Tarkin family would lead to that. While the Quintad is still nominally in charge every decision they make has to be approved by the military commander, myself. Which means above anything else a load of paperwork coming to my desk every day. Made even more awkward by two of the five members of the Quintad being on paper my mother and brother-in-law, in truth though Lucien has taken my mothers and Marcia often taking her husband's seat when he isn't around. Would make the Redan the most powerful family on Eriadu, if not for everything I approve of having to be reviewed by our Sector Governor. So in the end its the Tarkin's who hold all the power. At least their support allows me to minimize the influence of the Imperial garrison. Speaking of them we have already gone through three commanders that this point. The first was a veteran from the Clone Wars who was competent at his job did not interfere much and after about a year abruptly retired, allegedly returning to his homeworld. Strange thing was how his mangled and partially devoured body would wind up in the net of an Eriaduan fishing trawler and how his 'retirement' had apparently lead to him gaining a blast bolt sized hole on the back of his head is beyond me. Was quite a scandal when it was discovered and I could only barely prevent the entire trawler crew getting a similar fate to keep their mouths shut. Later I learned that the Commander still held some lingering republican sympathies and had been meeting with some anti Imperial senators, which got him killed. The next Commander was loyal to the Empire but had little interest nor competence in his job, instead spending his days and nights in hedonistic activities. Suffice to say few tears were shed when after three years he one day just vanished. This time the Imperials seemed to have learned their lesson and no body ever showed up. Haven't seen much of the current governor yet, so hard to say how things will go this time. Her names Arhinda Pryce and she seems to be an ally of our dear sector governor. Rather unusual to see a woman in a high rank in the Empire. Not sure why they have a problem with that, here on Eriadu women have always lead alongside the men. Speaking of that, my mother is doing worse with every year, she never seemed to be able to recover from her meeting with the Emperor. Really asking myself what must have happened that day. Lucien now pretty much completely runs the family business. And he said he has plans for me, that it is time I marry. Don't know what to make of this, Lucien always seemed supportive of my relationship with Myria but now it seems my mother sprit has overcome him and he talks about me need to fulfill my duties to the family. Myria understandably wasn't happy to hear about it, but she says she has to accept it. It makes her miserable and me too seeing her like that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh how convoluted and ties to Moff Gideon, Wilhuff, and Governor Pryce, not the most upstanding of allies :p Now I bet he really wishes he and Myria had left all that behind while they could in light of the politically auspicious marriage being planned. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Anedon likes this.
  11. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Yeah that´s quite a company, though to clarify, the Gideon he mentions is Wilhuff Tarkins brother Gideon Tarkin, Rivoches father, rather than the character from the Mandaloran. Added a family tree of the Redan to make things a bit more clear. :)
    Thanks for commenting.

12 BBY

Mothers health continues to worsen, we were never close, never emotional like some say parents and children are supposed to be. Kind of a thing in noble Eriaduan families. The first child is groomed to be a perfect heir, their life being all about duty and political studies. The second child, like myself is the spare raised in a distance from the firstborn, just in case something happens to the oldest, if that isn't the case they are to take a military career. It's only with the third child that noble parents allow themselves to show their kids love, which in turn leads to them often growing rather spoiled. Guess considering that its lucky Lucien, Marica and I turned out halfway decent at least. Now it's onto us to carry the family legacy onwards. Primarily Lucien of course, in the last few years he took over more and more of mothers duties and now he has completely taken over leadership of the family. Though I guess that as well means less and less with every passing year, as the power of the nobles weakens and the influence of the Empire grows. Who knows if our kids will even have something to inherit. Well I'm not sure if I even will have kids one day, if I only would want them with Myria but I guess that's impossible, even if we had kids I could never openly acknowledge them as my own, they would be forced to grow up as family serfs, never to even learn their true parentage. There is a part of me who would like to become a father, especially after spending some time with my nieces. Rivoche, Marcia's daughter, is now seven years old, she is smart child definitely inherited quite a bit of her father's Tarkin genes but won't hold that against her. Sadly she spends most of her time on Coruscant so I only rarely see her. Similar with Aretha, Lucien's young daughter and the eventual heir to the family once her father retires, not that that is to happen anytime soon. At least I hope it won't, the Empires shadow now also reaches into the nobility. A few days ago we initiated a crackdown against house Grant. Don't even know why, Pryce said something of treason and apparently that is enough for our dear sector Governor to have all adult members of the family killed. Read through some of their documents but couldn't find a single bit of proof for Rebel activities. Wonder if they just became inconvenient to someone higher up? Was at least able to talk Lucien into helping me save their teenage children. Two girls and a boy, took them in as family serfs, so they may make up for their parents actions with their hard work. Myria took them in, and she is good to them, but it's still hell for them, a few weeks ago they where nobles, now their parents are dead and they have to work as servants. Might see if I can do something for them, but Lucien and I agreed that if we treat them too well we might become the next target. This powerlessness frustrates me. Is it that what my mother felt when she met the emperor? Is it that what broke her? Don´t know. Sometimes I feel it would just be the best if I keep my head down and do what I'm told. But what would that make me? Little more than a slave. Only good news with the whole chaos my brother has yet been unable to find a suitable match for me. He probably doesn't want to marry me off to a family that could be purged in a few years. So I can at least continue spending time with Myria, will head out for another vacation shortly, maybe take the Grant kids along, do at least some kindness to them and maybe we can figure out what lead to their family ending up against the wall.

[​IMG]
    Also as mentioned in the story Ariens father Cal Redan has passed away by this point while of course Ilona, Tobin, Garth and Ion aren´t born yet, just included them for those intrested. Also Myria isn´t married to Arien, but the program didn´t allow to differenicate between being married and in a relationship.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Intriguing insights into family dynamics merging with political schemes/power struggles

Anedon likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, glad you enjoy it. :)

11 BBY

So much happened in the last few weeks, not the least that I had to enhance the protection of this diary. Was worried about someone finding it before but from now on everything in here might become dynamite in the wrong hands. Was thinking about deleting it altogether but it reminds me of what happened and might one day even be a document on my deeds. I just want one place where I can write down the truth, not the more and more complex web of lies my life is turning into. Our vacation started out great but then took a sour turn when Marica informed me that the Empire is looking for the Grand children, seems them working as servants for our family isn't enough, they want them too. Was a horrible evening, I could feel myself tear apart as I wanted to help the kids but also knew the consequences of going against the Empire. In the end Myria convinced me to risk it anyway, so we smuggled them away. Hope we can trust the merchant who took them in. Paid him a considerable price and offered to double it if he successfully brings the kids to the Teris Sector, at the eastern edge of the galaxy, far away from Eriadu or the Empire. If this becomes known, or even just the fact that I was with the kids when they 'disappeared' then it's not only my execution but probably that of our whole family. Lucien was furious when he heard about it, never seen him so upset. Hope I can fix that rift going forward. It pains me to see our family beginning to fall apart due to this.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How heartbreaking for Arien. He has some scruples and doubtless cannot give loyalty to someone he cannot believe in or feels betrayed by. The Empire is definitely showing itself to be an instrument of subtle intimidation as families fragment. :(

=D=

Anedon likes this.
  15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, yeah he defenetly get more and more caught up in the empires machinations and it begins to tear his family appart.

10 BBY

Mom died a week ago and we held her funeral today. She never fully recovered from her meeting with the emperor so many years ago and has really only been a shadow of her former self since. Had many conflicts with her during my life and in many ways feel I was a political pawn for her first and son second, but still it saddened me. Worst thing was how the imperials turned her funeral into a propaganda show. Various imperial dignitaries where there and an imperial flag was placed over the coffin. Grand Moff Tarkin himself gave a speech about what a good and loyal citizen she was, and how much of a friend she had been to him, completely forgetting the fact mom and Wilhuff hated each other their entire lives. During the feast afterwards it went too far and so I challenged the old man to an honor duel. Was in a way funny to see the nervousness on the faces of the imperials, but Tarkin barely flinched. It was a foolish idea and in the end did nothing give me a nasty scar across the face. Worse than the pain though was to apologize to the old man for my 'insults'. As using bacta is forbidden after an honor duel I´ve spend the last two days recovering the old way. Myria is thankfully helping me with that. She said the scar suits me and that I was brave for standing up against the imperials. I wish I could share her idealism.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Complicated mixed feelings of loss and recalling the rift he had with his mother; Tarkin is an infuriating piece of work and I echo Maria's sentiments. :p

Anedon likes this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Oh Tarkin most defently is.. :)
    Glad you enjoy it.

9 BBY

Things continue getting worse around here, really don´t know where we are heading. The last ten years have been comparatively quiet all things considered. Where on other worlds stories of Rebellion and brutal repression seem to have become day to day business here life has stayed as it was for the most part. The Empire considered Eriadu a loyal world. But now... now even here people are starting to rebel. In the last month alone the Imperial garrison conducted several operations against so called "subversive elements" that's right, the Imperial garrison not the ORSF. As governor Pryce put it "for this job we need real soldiers, not happy amateurs". Could have snapped her neck for that alone, nearly had. Send a complaint to Senator Tarkin but all that got back was a reminder to do my job and not cause trouble, great. The utter disrespect of the imperials for our world goes further than that though, it seems Pryce is deliberately trying to enrage people these days. The Empire is destroying all we valued, and I am only told to sit still and do nothing. Spending more and more time with Myria, for with her I can at least forget my troubles for a little while.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent bit of realism across many times and places when people who are standing up for justice and fairness are called subversives. :p =D= I love that Myria is able to infuse some normalcy and serenity.

Anedon likes this.
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, yeah Myria is kinda Ariens bridge into a normal life these days. Where for a time he can be himself.

7 BBY

The entire planet is on high alert, last week the Imperial garrison was bombed, leaving a few hundred dead soldiers and clerks. Over the last two years things have continued to further escalate. More Imperial soldiers have been brought in, and the Empire's grip has become considerably tighter again. Which in turn only strengthen the thoughts of Rebellion, even in the ORSF. The explosives used for the attack came from our stockpiles and only with a lot of luck have I been able to hide this fact from the Imperial for now. But I feel all I did was win some time if even that. Some voices in the Empire call for the ORSF to be completely disbanded, the soldiers absorbed into the Imperial army, but for now Grand Moff Tarkin has prevented that. But this isn't even the worst thing. For the Empire is now calling for revenge, and as the perpetrators are unknown they want to conduct an example on the civilian population. They say the quota is three civilians for every imperial who died in the attack. I flat out refused and now we are heading towards a standoff between the Imperials and ORSF soldiers. The planet is a powder keg right now and the slightest spark can make it go up in flames. I'm confident we could drive the Imperials off world, but then what? We could never hold against the full might of the Empire. If Pryce calls my bluff, everything will fall apart.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh dear! Things are heading toward a major tipping point. =D=

Anedon likes this.
  21. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Defenetly, thanks for your comment. :)

7 BBY

Just when things seem to improve its getting even worse. The Grand Moff himself returned and dissolved the standoff. Pryce was relieved of her duty, well in truth she received a 'promotion' to Sector Governor somewhere in the galactic North. Think the place is called Lothal. Certainly not upset about that development. Though the worst was still to come as Tarkin demanded that the quota should be fulfilled. Three Eriaduans for each killed Imperial soldier. My lovely brother than suggested to simply take the victims from amongst the prisons to spare the normal citizens and he put he in charge of doing it. True some of the 300 who were chosen where violent criminals, but also small time thieves, people who had simply been desperate. I organized a couple of priests being there, to offer comfort and at least a bit of dignity. Of the victims, some cried, some were silent, some prayed, some begged for their lives, others simply couldn't understand why this was happening. I threw up after it, thankfully out of sight of any imperials. Was about to resign my post, so I would have to no longer do this. But Lucien threatened to cast me out of the family if I did. For his "professional handling of the situation" Tarkin promoted him to the New Governor of Eriadu. Seems my family is becoming more and more powerful, but then why do I feel more powerless with every day? When I talked to Myria about what happened her face darkened, she said something needs to change. I agree with her. But what can we do, what could anyone do?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tarkin is a piece of work -- absolutely in character. I can well understand and sympathize with the desire to resign. Myria is right about needing to do something.

Anedon likes this.
  23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    She defenetly is...
    Thanks for your comment.

6 BBY

Seems that if the events of last year did at least something good, it's my brother ascending to the rank of governor. Through him at least the imperial influence has lessened a bit again. But to the price that we are now utterly in Tarkins hand. Might have been an advantage, trading a foreign tyrant for a local one, but I don´t see much of a difference. If there is one than that Eriadu now plays a higher role in the empire. Which also includes me. They now want me to travel to Coruscant, officially it's just the annual celebration of the end of the Clone Wars, an honoring of veterans that I´ve been invited for. But unofficially that event has turned into a meeting ground for all kinds of unsavory activity and political intrigue. Much of the top leaders of the empire will be there, the people who shape the future of the galaxy day by day. And now, I´m to head there as well. The first time I travel to Coruscant since the Empire has been declared. My brother has given me an entire list of things to do and people to meet. Apparently I´m now little more than his personal errant boy. There is also a possibility of the emperor himself being there, he has been absent from more and more events as time went on but this is a huge celebration. I hope I don´t have to meet him, not after what I did to mom. Myria has asked me if she can accompany me and thankfully my brother agreed. She will travel as my "personal secretary" so the trip to Coruscant might have at least some positive as well.

24. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    6 BBY

I am to visit the emperor. I can barely type this into my datapad. I don´t know what will happen. I can only think of what happened with my mother when she meet him, how it broke her, send her on a downward spiral that resulted in her death years later. I can only pray to the gods this won´t be my fate.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Trading a foreign tyrant for a local one, no not much difference there. :p Ack! I was hoping a courtesy call with the Emperor could've been avoided! :eek:

Anedon likes this.