main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh, to be in Greece when la @Chyntuck is in the kitchen... =P~

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Just got my 20 years trophy. Half my life with you fine people.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Fun fact that’s a weird thing the forum does. It gives the trophy the day before

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I figure it compensates for me coming here on 3/20/01 and taking six days to register.

5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh yes.

Congrats on 20 years, Ish! I realized last year that I've spent over half my life here. It's crazy to think about lol!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have spent. 1/3rd my life here

amidalachick likes this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Happy Independence Day, Chuntuck!!

Happy Board-iversary, Ish!

I had to go to my old hospital for my job today. I hate it when I have to go there, just being near the building makes me so anxious. Though this is the first time I'd been back there that I didn't get a migraine, so either I'm getting better about being there again or because I didn't have to go in the building I actually worked in this time. (Though I was in a terrible mood all afternoon/evening.) I'd known I hated working there and that it was toxic, but I didn't know just how bad it was until I had to go back there.

amidalachick and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Congratulations! That's pretty cool. Party time?

Now I'm trying to work out the percentage for my own (but it's been on and off so it's not accurate. If I go off start date then it's a bit over half - which is cool and slightly weird to think about at the same time.

I've finished my marking and reporting for the term, which gives me now 3 weeks of time to write - although there is stuff I have to do on the holidays to ensure that next term I also have time to do stuff too.

amidalachick and DarthIshtar like this.
  9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Time for me to get my current fic finished so I can go crazy with the next sequel. And start a new one. And start reading more than writing.

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Happy boardversary @DarthIshtar [face_party]

Sheesh @mavjade, that must really have been a nasty place. I remember that you didn't like that job so much, but I didn't realise it was that bad.

@Mistress_Renata @amidalachick Thanks for the vote of confidence :) However for bakaliaros skordalia you want to be around on a day when both I and Mr Chyn are in the kitchen. I make a mean skordalia (the garlic dip) but the batter in which you coat the cod just fails me. I always make it either too thick or too runny. Yesterday it came out with the texture of smooth concrete. Mr Chyn had to swoop in like a knight in shining armour (and with a can of soda water) to rescue it. I'm not giving up though, I'll try again next year!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Happy Board-iversary, Ishtar!

Eeek. Mav, sometimes you have to be out of something to realize just how bad it was, but I'm glad you didn't get a migraine this time.

I had to do training with volunteers for work yesterday evening till 8, then again this morning at 9 am I had to do kayaking. We are ramping up for Spring and Summer so I have a feeling I'm going to have more weeks like this. But I didn't get dropped last night which was nice! (Probably because the president of the organization was doing the demonstrations with me and he's much more careful than my co-workers). But this morning I did fall when trying to transfer from the kayak back into my wheelchair, Landed on the rocky shore so I'm kinda sore. My co-worker just looked at me and said "that was your own damn fault this time!" He was right.

I'm so tired. I wanna write, but I also just wanna lay on the couch and do nothing.

Ewok Poet and Mistress_Renata like this.
  12. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I officially give up on this parallel programming project due tonight. After virtually tearing my hair out for several days, I cannot get the program to stop crashing on me or to work for anything other than a single very small, very specific set of inputs (rather than the wide range of inputs it's meant to take). I'm going to have to submit it for partial credit and take the L on it and hope it doesn't sink my chance at an A in this class.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm re-adjusting to fluoxetine and I was struggling with my recurring hormonal issues, so I thought it would be the best to stay away for a couple of days. But yeah, I love, love Greece and always will... and this:

People from nearby countries are rushing to get their shots here as we apparently have spares and a powerful lobby of extremists who polluted many folks' minds with some out-of-this-world conspiracy theories.

I am incredibly scared of pretty much anything that could happen after this. The government outright refuses to re-introduce the drastic measurements from one year ago and just end this agony with a new law, Yugoslavia style. They even want to loosen the existing measures.

We were warned that new strains could appear, worse than most existing ones, perhaps deadlier and that even us who got one or both shots could be prone to them.

Vučić would probably sacrifice people to be seen as some sort of a hero. I don't get it.

And, YES, I support any kind of a law, in any country, for the entire planet, that will bring the antivaxxer leaders to court. This has got to stop. Mom just came from the kitchen to tell me that 35 000 medical workers in Italy refused to get vaccinated and that Italy WILL introduce a law.

I need a smiley that punches things.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    They did a study and most anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers have undiagnosed and thus untreated mental illnesses, which is sad but also makes a ton of sense. I am 100% for a law that says if you refuse a vaccine you are eligible for (I mean, I'm not talking people who let other, more vulnerable, people go ahead of them) then you're not allowed to participate in X,Y,Z thing.

Blah. I gotta make an effort to tidy up my place this weekend. After the crazy week I had my condo is a mess... probably the worst it's been in awhile. My mom is coming on Thursday and she's going to give it a deep clean but if she sees the state its in now, she's going to think I live in squalor. But all I want to do is nap and maybe go outside (its so nice and sunny!!).

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Look if you could somehow only effect yourself if you weren’t wearing a mask or getting a vaccine then fine. But your not only hurting yourself. Your hurting the people around you.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The most prominent one in my group of friends has issues due to having had oxygen deprivation in the past, but she also believes every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of a guy whose name rhymes with bucker gnarsol. I also went to the symphony with a new friend who did not tell me she was antimask. It was hard to have her chiding me for not trusting her enough to take off my mask except when the concert venue requires it.

17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And I can't convince my bestie to get her shot. Her 13-year-old says that HE would get one if he's allowed to and she comes up with excuses such as "I can't do it now, I need a MR of my entire spine". OK, I don't speak French, but I like cheese?!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Last year, the friend who is antimask justified it with “we all caught it last year and all that happened was the baby now has lung scarring.” Um, okay. If that’s how you think life is fine.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Feel really bad for the baby. As I said the real reason to wear a mask or get a vaccine is not for you, but to protect others

Ewok Poet likes this.
  20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    This is my philosophy as well.

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just... what. O_O

Then again, I just found a video for our myth debunking group and I'm close to giving up, as the crazy thing has over 1300 comments. The author claims that 3, 6 and 9 are "Tesla's numbers" and that eventually leads to a conclusion that small pyramids should be built above crops for a better harvest. Somebody in comments claims that he tried this twenty years ago by placing egg whites under a pyramid and a cube made out of plywood. The one underneath a pyramid remained preserved. Another one says that maths is fake because they don't want us to know everything.

Oh well, since asteroids seem to be missing us, repeatedly, hope the Icelandic volcanoes will bring about something worse than the year 536. :deathstar:

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthIshtar like this.
  22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm counting on Kim to press that big red button and nuke us all into oblivion, because when I see how many people buy into these tinfoil hat conspiracy theories I feel that we don't deserve to exist as a species.

In happier news (and in @jcgoble3 lingo), my mother's immune system update is complete as of yesterday (2 doses + 2 weeks) so we rebooted the hugging software :D

jcgoble3, DarthIshtar and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I teach a whole philosophy unit on conspiracy theories. Kids love it and I get to teach them about argumentation at the same time.

Master two jumped off the sofa and hit his head on the coffee table. He’s fine after a trip to emergency in an ambulance and some super glue. He might end up with a tiny scar and a story that needs some embroidering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcgoble3, Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I just read a theory that the ship that's stuck in the Suez canal is a cover-up for a faulty Russian nuclear submarine. The guys operating the digger are Soviet spies or something.

(Kim. Please. Punch it.)

mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    And then it turns out that the button is like that old one online and when Kim presses it, it emits just that Episode III long "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo". :( That's how lucky we all are.

But there are good things, after all. One more hour of daylight, yay! Tomorrow I'm getting my back tyre changed and heading off who-knows-where. There should be a blues show at 20:00, but I think it's better for all of us if it doesn't not take place. It's at the same place from which I walked out in revolt four weeks ago, the Belgrade Youth Centre. I don't want to report them. I don't want to lose that promised pass to everything, ever, once this is over and big names start coming again. But if somebody else wants to, they have my blessing, really.

That unit must be very, very interesting. In fact, I'd love to see the notes. Maybe a watered-down version could be translated and help (dumb) people get their head out of those, I dunno, polka-dot clouds of sarine.

And glad that the kid is OK. Didn't know there was glue for that now.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021