main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Mustafar to Scarif -A State of the Galaxy Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hopefully am not stepping on @AdmiralNick22 toes (Or webbed feet? ;p) when I do this but upon thinking about it, I wanted to make ANOTHER State of the Galaxy thread discussing the other major gap of Galactic history and that is the time after The Clone Wars to the Battle of Scarif before A New Hope.

So this thread deals with the early rebellion, the rise of the Empire....Essentially Dark Times. A prequel to our Endor to Exegol Thread.

Materials will include things like: Bad Batch, Cassian, Rogue One, Rebels, Solo, and maybe a bit of A New Hope....along with other books and comics that I can't think of at the moment

We're about to enter a period were this era is about to have a major installment with Bad Batch so I think now is the best time to start this thread.

Hopefully it will be as expansive as the Endor to Exegol thread...So please...Enjoy.

:)

starfish, Xammer, KamNale and 4 others like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Saw Guerra is the glue that keeps this era together!;)

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

He really is isn't he.

AusStig likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yess From clone wars, Bad Batch, Fallen Order, Andor?, Rebels and Rogue One. plus appearing in the solo novel as cameo.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  5. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I know a lot of people are tired of us getting stories set during the Dark Times, but I think it has to be one of my favorite eras of Star Wars storytelling. Excited to get another perspective on the end of the Clone Wars with Bad Batch on May the Fourth, especially since we seem to be seeing
    the subjugation of Raxus
    per the latest trailer. It'll be interesting to see
    the civilian government be forced to capitulate after the destruction of virtually the entire Separatist military.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  6. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I do hope we get see some CIS (are they the CIS in canon?) hold outs. Maybe even a canon Gizor Dellso!

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  7. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Yeah, they're the CIS in canon.

Gizor Dellso, now that takes me back. Love the original BFII campaign to bits, give us an episode where the Bad Batch is hired by Dellso to move some cargo that's actually the Confederate infantry prototype you were tasked with destroying the plans for in the Mustafar mission.

Thinking about it, the Bad Batch would be really well-suited for a Republic Commando sequel/reboot.

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can't wait to see the empire come with it's ron fist on the galaxy such as CIS worlds as Raxus, seeing clones celebrated on Pantora, imperial occupation of Onderon, Mandalore and others.

AV-6R7 likes this.
  9. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Yeah, it's gonna be excited to see loyal clones in the immediate post-war. I wonder if we'll meet any that took out their generals and if they've got any regrets, like in the Kanan limited series.

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

The Charles Soule Vader comic had a moment with the Clones who didn't really understand what was going on with the Jedi

AV-6R7 likes this.
  11. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Interested in seeing what the Bad Batch think about the Jedi rebellion. Was every clone issued Order 66, or just the ones that were serving with Jedi? Also wondering if Bacara could show up, since he leads his own elite unit and they've got his animation model already laying around.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    From a post a years old by now talked about Rex and Echo talks about Fives, so maybe they discuss order 66 and the jedi rebellion.I think the bad batch might start working with Saw Guerra on regular missions, there are rumors of Bo Katan coming witch makes sense as the show is supposed to show Mandalore and it's system planets, We could see some early mandalorian rebels before Gar Saxon comes to power.

13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I wouldn't mind seeing Gall Trayvis and find out more about him along with his relation to Bail Organa and Mon Mothma :)

Sinrebirth and AV-6R7 like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd love to see a clone rebellion or something like that.

15. AV-6R7

Dec 9, 2014
    Something I'll be interested to see is if the technological progression displayed in Bad Batch will align with Adventures in Wild Space and the 2017 Darth Vader comics, which had the Empire looking like they did in the OT as early as 18 BBY due to continuity errors pushing these stories closer to the end of the Clone Wars than had originally been intended. Meanwhile, the V-wing was still the primary Imperial starfighter in Lords of the Sith and Tarkin (both set in 14 BBY). Hoping that the show will let Republic vehicles in Imperial gray and stormtroopers in phase II armor linger for a bit, like it did in Legends.

Fredrik Vallestrand and AusStig like this.
  16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Officially there never was a clone rebellion on Kamino.

Man BF2(05) had some great ideas haha.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    From what we have seen of the trailer, might be only the first episode or 2 episodes. So i think we quite in for a ride, I'm guessing an Ahsoka cameo at the end of the season with maybe hints to Darth Vader as during this time he's busy with getting a new lightsaber and hunting own jedi. I think they'll hold off Vader until season 2. Same with Inquisitors i think it's too early for them to appear, as we learn in the vader comic, they didn't begin hunting jedi until at least some time after ROST as vader had tested them and trained them. I think this first season will just be the empire slowly taking over planets and creating small rebel cells with more clones getting involed and away from the empire. I think we will get jedi other then Ahsoka in this show but after season 1. There have been rumors of known jedi might appear soon in Bad Batch.

18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm gonna be curious to see how the transition from Clone Trooper to stormtrooper goes in Bad Batch and what sorta info we have now will support what we see.

AV-6R7 and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well we know most of the clones get faced out, soon after the clone wars but there are still clones 5 years after the war and in active service but due to their cloning age they got old fast and must retire like one in the book Tarkin. also most of the strom troopers we see later on might be clones still as they hade what maybe under million clones ready by end of the war. I think they get slolwy faced out and we see more and more humans take over for the clones and we ger mix of clones and humans.

20. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Good thread but I got dips on the Naboo to Geonosis one should they ever decide to literally expand that ten year period!

definitely looking forward to Bad batch and hopefully it will get a lengthy run like clone wars.

Riv_Shiel, AusStig and AV-6R7 like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think bad batch can go for 4-5 seasons like Rebels and cover the first 5 years off the empire, can't beyond that as clones don't don't get mention anywhere past that point.

22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Well there is a new "queen's X" book coming, so now is a good time as any to start it.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Talking of Queen's Hope, anyone seen any preorder for it in the usual places? Seems to be strangely absent.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We may also get one for before Phantom menace with acolyte coming soon in future.

25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I don’t feel like there’s enough material in that era to be honest. Probably going to wait, unless you want to do it?