main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    BTW, do people here realize that the Aftermath trilogy doesn't mention at all one of the defining events of that year, Operation Cinder?

2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    No one mentions the events of Rogue One in A New Hope, either. What an oversight!

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Aftermath was more focused on showing us the rise of the New Republic and the slow collapse of the Empire. Shattered Empire was more focused on Cinder itself. Both came our prior to TFA, so it makes sense that each had a singular focus. Not only that, but Cinder became a MUCH larger part of the post-Endor narrative in the subsequent years.

--Adm. Nick

AusStig and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's funny how stuff in Aftermath is sticking and other not so much.

The de-militarization thing while not going away i feel is getting more clarification with new stuff.

Jakku being the last great Stand of Empire Proper is remaining (Although I think that's been there even before Aftermath)

Rax hasn't gotten mentioned in much sadly. Only other thing he gets referenced in is reference books and Battlefront 2.

Does he get mentioned in Alphabet Squadron.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    In directly. Though he wasn't the public head of the Empire remember.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I think I remember something in Aftermath 3 Empires End how Mas Amedda praises Consular Rax's efforts in forced propaganda videos

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    ok. I don't remember that. But I read those books a long while ago.

8. Xammer

Jan 31, 2009
    Rogue One and ANH are separated by 40 years. Aftermath and the stuff that mentions Cinder all came out of the Story Group.

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    um, no they are not.

Rouge One ends with Leia's ship jumping into hyperspace and A New Hope opens with it being attacked by Vaders ship.

There is a few hoursish time between the two.

Sly442 and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am about 99% sure that Cinder gets mentioned in Aftermath III.

Maybe.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  11. Xammer

Jan 31, 2009
    Maybe your post was sarcasm, but I meant out of universe (hence the reference to the Story Group).

It's not, just did a ctrl+f.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Oh I see, sorry I thought you meant in Universe. haha. I was rather confused.

Although one could argue that Rouge One IS mentioned in A New Hope, just in an oblique way (first victory).

I think the reason Cinder isn't mentioned in Aftermath is the inverse, that it was made before Cinder was decided as a thing.

Aftermath does mention the infighting of Imperials doesn't it?

Alpha-Red and Xammer like this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Aftermath: Life Debt took Zsinj's sleeper agent idea but had to butcher Kashyyyk in the process. Seriously, the Wookiee homeworld sits on vital hyperlanes, I would've made this system top of my list after Mon Cala, Naboo and Chandrila to liberate. Heck, I'd set up base on Tatooine to take advantage of the chaos from the death of Jabba or Sullust and move up the trade routes.

TheRedBlade and AusStig like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So....how come we don’t have a thread for like the other big gap era’s

like with Bad Batch coming up how come we don’t have idk

Mustafar to Scarif

or Empire to Endor or something?

the prequel of this thread ?

Xammer, AusStig, AV-6R7 and 1 other person like this.
  15. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I would absolutely adore a Mustafar to Scarif thread. Would like some PT versions too, but there probably isn't enough content between Naboo and Geonosis to justify one, and Geonosis to Mustafar is just the entire Clone Wars. So, yeah, Mustafar to Scarif is gonna be super relevant once Bad Batch drops.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Ask...And you shall receive

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/from-mustafar-to-scarif-a-state-of-the-galaxy-thread.50055940/

JediFett10, AusStig and AV-6R7 like this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Was re-listening to Aftermath Life Debt Audibook.

Found it interesting Mass Ameeda calling Rae Sloane leading the most well armed and powerful faction of Imperial Remnants out there...Probably THE FACTION as he calls it since it's the Imperial Navy.

Also mentions on how Sloane's faction are ridding themselves of those who aren't submitting to her (Well more likely Rax's) orders. (Operation Cinder 2.0 hints there)

Sinrebirth and AusStig like this.
  18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So interesting little nuggets in The Star Wars Book by Pablo Hidalgo. There is a section devoted to the New Republic, as well as several mentions throughout the book. I'll post some of the stuff here later. I liked reinforcing some of the little things, like mentioning a smaller NRDF and a greater reliance on member PSF's. Also, a comment about the Hosnian Cataclysm destroying "most" but not all of the navy.

It is an exceptionally well written book that covers things by topic and chronologically. I highly recommend it.

--Adm. Nick

JediBatman likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I LOOOOOOVE that book! Especially since it's post Rise of Skywalker and actually gets into the Palpatine stuff a bit more.

I love books like this that reinforce ideas but also smooth over some of the wonkier aspects of lore to make it more cohesive and fleshed out.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sorry for the DP

But

@AdmiralNick22

We talked about this a little bit but I do wonder how much wiggle room things like the Mandoverse have to show conflict. As you said previously I don't think whatever forces Thrawn and Gideon are commanding are going to be as organized or powerful as The First Order. I do wonder if one could make whatever conflict arises as a sorta just a bunch of leftover forces trying to rally together but ultimately failing and as you said previously make the New Republic even MORE confident in their security in the galaxy.

Like here's a weird parallel but it's sorta like a good guy version of Order 66? Yeah the Jedi always get wiped out but some scatter and then some mount a last desperate stand. Granted Jakku was the last desperate stand. But I suppose it's Last Stand of the main Empire...Empire scatters, and then they try to get together one more time but get easily beaten. Thus the New Republic thinks they are winning the overall direction of the galaxy.

I mean it's only what 5 years after Jakku so their is still some cleanup going on, so it doesn't necessarily interfere with the remainder period of peace and quiet...minus perhaps some piracy and small problems.

Still I do wonder about that wiggle room...Unless they just sorta ignore Bloodline or at least don't take that one line of peace super literal.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2021
  21. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I still can't believe the Resistance/FO conflcit doesn't have a name. It bugs me much more than it should.

JediBatman, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Second Galactic Civil War, in my eyes.

Noash_Retrac, AusStig and PCCViking like this.
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Same here.

Both Solo dark siders usurped their superiors: Kylo directing killing Snoke, while Caedus had Cal Omas removed from office and then became sole dictator after Niathal turned against him.

Differences: Caedus worked from an established government, successor to the NR and Rebel Alliance, while the First Order was more marauding, coming in from the outside.

JediFett10 and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Revenge of General Weasley

25. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    General Hux: Red Hair, Vacant Expression, Hand Me Down Empire...Must be a Weasley.

JediFett10, Gamiel and Jedi Ben like this.