main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Community' started by ManaByte, Jun 14, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    They actually flat out denied he will.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ah. I didn’t see that. He would’ve been good. I’m just glad this is moving forward with casting. I can’t wait to see it.

3. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah he would have been but he's gonna be Blade in a show based on those comics, so he'll be busy.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Mahershala Ali is an actor who never crossed my mind for Joel, but thinking about it, holy **** he would’ve be amazing!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    NO WAY!! **** YES!!

This is the way.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Damn that’s awesome!

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Pedro is awesome and the GoT Mormont did ticked off real well so great casting already. And he's taking care of a very special young person, this time without the helmet!

I'm about 9 hours into Last of Us II which I think would be like s3-4 of the show so I have time to finish it before they adapt it. Probably.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well that didn't take long.

I look forward to this. This will be a very different role for Pedro but he has already pulled off a lot of stuff.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Does this mean Ellie and Grogu are siblings? :p

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    That article was really interesting, sad to hear that Days gone 2 is not happening.
    But the one question I have is why remake last of us 1 when it still plays brilliantly on PS4 and can carry over to PS5.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I think it's more graphical enhancements and tweaking of controls to give a similar feel to TLOU2

I agree that graphically it actually doesn't really need much if anything

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So I'm about (I think, I hope) halfway through Last of Us 2, been treading slightly / lightly in the thread but I think the big central twist happens at the halfway point (aside from y'know the other big twist at the start)

narrative has flopped over to Abby which is jarring considering, y'know, the opening bit. not gonna hate on what happens to Joel as unearned, rough world and they established Abby's reasoning early on when you start playing as her. Actually is there any way when playing Last of Us to not start shooting the doctors because I definitely popped the 1st doctor when I went in there to save Ellie so I guess in my playthroughs that's canon. But I think it's possible to save Ellie in TLoU without any doctor operating room bloodshed.

Probably the most intense bit so far that I either had to pause because of abject terror and then I got really annoyed and thought it was just a cheap grind was this bit

So I just kept dying and dying (playing on normal difficulty) and one time Abby popped a clicker in the head with a shotgun and I hear the Scar holler "Heads up!!" but I didn't put 2 and 2 together so kept dying again when the big jerks show up. Made it that far again and started going through my explosive shotgun shells and then the icon popped up to run over to the Scar who yelled "Heads up!" like "go over here, stupid!" I think the game took pity on me. I still refused to switch down to Story Mode, I would feel too much shame.

And I just wasted another explosive shotgun shell almost immediately afterwards when you get to the boat on some random infected due to tension and not juggling my ammo so much. That entire section just depletes you of all your ammo which makes the next part really have to be 100% stealth cuz I got no freakin ammo left dammit.

Anyway fun game! Emotionally draining, terrifying and I can only get in about 2 hours a week before I get back to it hahaha. The 30-40 minute cutscenes are basically a reprieve from the intensity.

Show should be neat. The ending of Last of Us is so good I'd be surprised if they'd stretch that out to make it the S2 ending but if they stretch the game across 2 seasons I guess they clip it at when Ellie is taking care of Joel. Also lots of flashbacks in Last of Us 2 I keep hoping they somehow shoot them while filming S1 or something crazy like that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah I don't get this. You can already play it on PS5. Yes a remake will look great, but I hate that Naughty Dog is working apparently on both this and a new Uncharted. They were supposed to be done with both, bar the TLOU2 multiplayer game. I want them to have the chance to do a new IP.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sony apparently no longer wants new IP, too risky.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Well no, Bend is working on a new IP. They just can't seem to stop remaking things that don't need remaking..

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Has it been revealed what that is?

After this recent buzz on it, I'll probably check out Days Gone.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No it's a secret.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think Days Gone is available with PS+ this month. At least it is in US (no idea about UK, sorry).

I do wonder where Naughty Dog goes from here, with Last of Us done (I have little idea what happens in the second game, I need to set aside a week for a dark game like that) and Uncharted pretty much wrapped up years ago (though changing characters works fine too). It sure would be funny if both of their media projects (the Last of Us TV show and Uncharted movie) actually both launched close together. Not that the Uncharted movie will ever actually happen, at the rate they're going, but you never know.

Just hope they actually aren't remaking Last of Us Part I. If they touched it up a bit for PS5, nice, but another remake/port would really feel like they're out of ideas (which might not be too unlikely either). I think I still have the original PS3 disc lying around somewhere.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Days Gone is also in the PS Collection on PS5.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't wait until Sony decides to inevitably remake The Order: 1886.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.