main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean Caedus and Kylo Ren were only slightly more successful than each other.

In One Canon of course Caedus precedes Kylo Ren, and Luke's self-exile is as a result of the culmination of the deaths of Anakin, Mara and Jacen, ditto the breakup of Han and Leia. It's a bit more tragic that way, which balances out how the Big Three are setup in the ST.

PCCViking likes this.
  2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What the fanfiction are you talkinga bout?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  3. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Maybe "The First Order War" or "The Second Palpatine Conflict"

Or maybe the whole Skywalker Saga would be "the Palpatine Wars", like the Napoleonic wars.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Perhaps, though I am still skeptical they would do that. But it is possible!

--Adm. Nick

6. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    It's almost like the ST didn't put a lot of thought into World Building or something . . .

Ghost, Nobody145, Xammer and 2 others like this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I wonder how destructive the war actually got to be honest.

Especially if you wanna compare it to the second galactic civil war

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Hosnian Prime’s destruction + The devastation of various worlds to FO bombardment during the intervening year (at least two we know of) + The destruction of Kijimi?

Vs

The burning of Kashyyyk + Nuking of Fondor + Death of an entire cast on Roche + nano attack on Mandalore?

The ST covers a single year and about two weeks.

Vs

LotF covers less than a year, and only six months of that time period there is a full blown Civil War.

I imagine the Hosnian Cataclysm killed more people than the Second Civil War, to be honest.

MercenaryAce, AusStig and PCCViking like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This is a odd comparison but right now Gideon/Thrawn and the Empire remind me of Azog and the Orcs from The Hobbit movies.

Forces of darkness that seemed disorganized at first though led by a historical figure of infamy who are responsible for the destruction of a proud civilization but in reality are more powerful than people realize and under the influence of a Dark Lord (In this case Palpatine)

Maybe will get a Battle of the Five Armies like scenario at the end of the Filoniverse between the Imp's, Mando's and New Republic.

Filoni loves his Tolkein.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Peace action, Jid, it's a peace action, not a war.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Nom von Anor and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will see some small battles and maybe a big one like mandalor, but nothing that suggest there is a war going on. I think the republic might only be involved in battle of mandalor as that is ahuge thing that the rest of the mnadalorians can't do in on their own and need help from all over the galaxy.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean the Old Republic had a thousand years of peace... including an Excision, Corellia seceding and attacking Talus and Tralus, the Ithullan Genocide, the Mandalorian Civil Wars, the Stark Hyperspace War/Crisis, Galidraan, the Yinchorri attacks, etc etc etc.

Even when the war between the NR and Remnant went cold we had the Ragnos Crisis, Black Fleet Crisis, New Rebellion...

... and after the Bastion Accords we had the Second Imperium Crisis, Battle of Ryloth, Black Sun issues and an invasion of the Deep Core even before the Vong arrived.

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So many police actions in Legends...So many.

Honestly i gotta question when the "Galactic Civil War" really stopped being a war and more this weird cold peace with skirmishes

My guess sometime after Daala formed the Remnant and all the major campaigns stopped....Dark Empire really being the last major one only because it seemed Daala didn't really make much of a push but i might forget something

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There were nearly five years of relative peace between the Remnant and New Republic after the Battle of Celanon. The war was legally continuing, and skirmishes occurred, but it was very much a Cold War.

But then the Remnant and Daala made one last push and in those weeks both sides were smashed. Thereafter the war goes cold again until the Bastion Accords.

AusStig likes this.
  15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean obviously just because there isn't any war doesn't mean we don't have....Spec Ops happening....Off the book stuff...Spy stuff

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    - His name is Han Solo. He is not your typical Hutt agent. He joined the Imperial army, aged eighteen, and was posted as part of the occupying force. This is when he discovered the vast profits to be made on the post-war black market. And he started stealing and selling high end art and antiques. He proceeded methodically, teaching himself several languages. His criminal ingenuity had made headlines all over the former CIS. The rangers of four sectors created a special task force with the sole purpose of bringing him to justice. And even then, it was luck they caught him. This infamous story caught the attention of the Hutts, who realized that this man's extraordinary talents would be wasted in jail. A deal was struck, and since then, Solo has been their most successful and prolific agent.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Mercy Kill showed that the Wraith’s were doing still missions even when the Remnant was down to eight sectors - even after the Vong lost at Yuuzhan’tar they continued running things. So yeah.

Ackbar's Fishsticks and AusStig like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'll be curious if Rangers of the New Republic almost a spiritual successor to Wrath Squadron.

19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe they had this in mind... though I never watched it or knew it even existed:
    [​IMG]

Either it is Walker, Texas Ranger in space... or Power Rangers with 5 differently colored colorful Mandalorians in armor uniting to become a Megamandalorian giant!

Gamiel, AusStig and Alpha-Red like this.
  20. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I want a mandomegazord

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean a lot of people have compared Mando to power rangers in the past sooooooo ;p

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    change "giant" into "maid" and you get one more "m" and a Space Balls reference

JediBatman and ColeFardreamer like this.
  23. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    So I wasn't the only one who felt Mando's ride reminded me a lot of Spaceballs camper van starship. Same layout and dynamic.

Unrelated: I want future seasons to give us Basilisk War Droids ridden by Mandos!

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know I do wonder if in Canon the Rebels were too quick to establish a New Republic without securing a more consolidated hold of the Galaxy

Then again I can see why that with the Emperor dead that having a Sentate and establishing a more legalized rule would been seen as legitimizing themselves and establish a Republic quickly. Especially if you consider Mon Mothma and the Alliance to be "The Republic in Exile"

Also on another matter Aftermath does more or less make it out that Sloane is just scene as the leader of just a Remnant ...The largest Remnant but still a Remnant.

25. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    IIRC there continued to be Imperial bad guys after Darksaber, but they were independent splinter groups with nothing in common with Pellaeon's remnant. The Empire Reborn, the Second Imperium.