main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters ♡ The OTP & Pairing Thread ♡ | Challenge #33 is up: How They Met! (1/28, p. 90, #2231)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Captain Rakkaus, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    So I ended up writing a thing for this after all! I hope it's okay that it does not actually take place in space. :p

Peaches

It's Stranger Things, using prompts 9. Awkward Meeting and 6. Neighbor(s), and the pairing is Steve Harrington/Billy Hargrove. And even though it's NSWFF there are a few non-human OCs. :D

Thank you once again for these fun and inspiring challenges!

pronker, Kit' and Findswoman like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Skids in........

Is it too late??

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Not in the least! It’s still just the 11th by boards time, and you have till the 13th by boards time. If you’ve got something, we wouldn’t love to see it!

And @amidalachick , that is excellent! I’ll get your entry into our index right away. :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Awesome - I await my numbers! :p

Anedon likes this.
  6. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Sorry, I’m not quite sure what you mean... the idea is that you use a random generator like www.random.org to choose them yourself—but I am glad to help if needed. :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, Ok, I didn't read that, but I have only had 4 hours sleep! Forgive me. ;)

EDIT: WOO HOO! Got something I can really work with!! :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    amidalachick, pronker, Anedon and 2 others like this.
  8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Cool! What combination of prompts did you get?

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh wow, “sudden awkward proposal” and “youngling(s)”—I bet that will generate some romcom gold! :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh scrumptious! I bet it will. =D=

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I may well take stuff from the RPG ;)

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Can I ask, 'Youngling' - is that Jedi ones or General Kids.? I went to Google and got this.

upload_2021-4-12_20-54-58.png

and that works for me........but............

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, so, by “younglings,” I just meant kids in general, since I get the impression that’s how they’re often referred to in the GFFA. But that includes Jedi kids if you have ideas involving them! :)

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Awesome! Thank you so much! [face_love]

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    You are welcome! And I apologize for making a mistake in my math above: I should have written 52 hours instead of 28. (At the moment of writing, it’s just over 43 hours.) Hope all goes great! :)

17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I took it as kids in my story, so good to know I was right and don´t have to scrap it. :)

18. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    IIRC, in the RotS novelization, "youngling" was used as a blanket term for children of all species across the galaxy, so I'd say you're exactly right. ;) (It may also be used that way elsewhere, but I've read that particular book more than a lot of the others. :p)

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  20. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Great! Got it in—so glad you were able to manage something!

And just in time, too, because this is the challenge’s last day, and there are just over 19 hours left to get stories in! :D

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Was in 24 hours ago! ;) :p

22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ah, I think I might have been asleep... time difference, and all! :p

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I got the numbers and it fitted a story I've had in my head for a while now, a piece of the tapestry that is Adalia's life. Was all too easy, not particularly good, as I don't claim to be an author, but fun for me none the less ;)

24. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This is so, so welcome a change from car problems that I managed a one-shot in a short time, Ipso Psycho featuring #1 "exes" and #1 "dare" which made me think I'd made a noob error with the generator, but no. I'm still not completely finished reading canon because the crossovers between series needs a spreadsheet from Excel but I'm nearly there. Thanks for the prompts because it took them to perk up the plot bunny's whiskers! :) John and Zee face all kinds of stuff to endure ... it's mostly rom-com with smallish bits of angst.

amidalachick and Findswoman like this.
  25. Captain Rakkaus

Captain Rakkaus Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2015
    Got it in the index—thank you so much! Wow, folks, we have literally and officially taken this challenge up to eleven—as in, eleven (11) fabulous stories! Way to go, all! =D=