main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge April is WIP Month! (Finish WIPs, Get Prizes!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Mar 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Well, um...I wrote my Latin Challenge fic but it's only 480 words...

Could I combine that with another challenge response to get to the 1000?

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Sure, I would be totally fine with that! Just tell me how you’d like the revised goal to read in the index, and I’ll fix it. :)

3. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I've done my measly 500 words, though I haven't posted it as it's... well, only 500 words. I'll upgrade to 2,000.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Great work, Nyota, go you! =D= Got it all in the index. :)

I've been working some more on the voorpak story--it's finally coming along at least a bit. It's been fun to write about Lasan-era Zeb again. :zeb:

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I achieved a goal! I wrote 300 words on Wolf Brother! It's a small goal, and it's a drop in the bucket towards actually finishing the story, but it's a goal and that counts for something, right? :D

8. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Woohoo! =D= Even a small goal is no small thing and absolutely does count for something—got it in the index with a nice check mark! :)

9. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
  10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Woohoo, that’s great news! =D= Congratulations on finishing—I’ve got a check mark in the index just for you! :)

11. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Got my 500 words done and posted, as well as my 2000 if I count editing on previous posts, for Destiny Lies.

Think I'll upgrade to Large Goal: 5,000 words. I've come so far...

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, got that updated in the index, too. :)

amidalachick, Kahara, Starith and 2 others like this.
  13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Me again, with apologies for the double post; just a quick report on my progress, if I may. :) I’ve managed to write and post one 2201-word chapter of my “voorpak” story for OTP Challenge #19, which is titled The Captain, the H-Goater, and the Voorpak. It is turning out to be a multichapter (probably will be three chapters, each of roughly that same length), so I have reclassified it as a Large goal in my index list.

I have also started on a few reviews for my reviewing component, though I haven’t gotten to a multiple of 5 yet. Hopefully soon! :D

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman -- I don't know what happened but my Reviewer goal of 10 and of having 5 completed seems to have vanished from the master list.

15. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Sorry about that! I think I originally put the names of the stories you said you reviewed are in the list in replacement of the “5,” but for clarity I’ve got both there now—see how that looks. :)

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Absolutely correct. :) Thanks. :D

17. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    4453 words or two chapters of Snips and Snails completed.

Also I'll combine the Hollow one with the name or the creature challenge. :)

18. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I finished my OTP Challenge fic, Peaches! It's a little different than the one I was originally working on, but it does keep a few of the same elements.

Would I be able to revise that goal down to a Medium: Finish one-shot? If not, I totally understand and I'm totally okay with that. Thank you so much for all your hard work! :)

19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great! I wrote down your progress on Snips and Snails in the index. Since you opted for multiple chapters and you did indeed do more than one (two counts!), would you like to count that one as done, or would you like to keep that one open for now and do more on it before counting it as done?

I’m also not quite sure if there’s something you’d like me to update in my index entry for “Hollow” as well? If you’re wondering about combining/double-dipping on challenge prompts, I would double-check with the folks who are running the challenges in question to see if it’s all right (it usually is).

Yes, that’s totally fine, and I’ve got it in! Congrats on finishing! :)

20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    I have written my second oneshot featuring the TPM handmaidens entitled Abendrot or Sunset Lament, which means I have completed my Large goal of writing two or more oneshots this month[face_dancing]

Happy Monday to me!:D

21. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Way to go, devil, and a very happy Monday indeed! :) I've got "Abendrot" in the index now, but just to check, what are/is the other oneshot(s) that were part of this goal, so that I can add and link them, too?

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    The other oneshot is Trembling at the Edge of the World (or the Fire Nation). It's in the Avatar: The Last Airbender fandom, but I think it still counts toward the challenge.

There might be another one if my muse continues to be kind, but for now that and Abendrot are the only ones I've got:)

23. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    I posted In Dreams We Dwell, which was my response to the Much Ado About Nothing & Wistful Piano mini-games challenges. It ended up being a multi-chapter fic (it's finished, and I'll have the rest posted within the week), so that fulfills one of my Large goals. :)

24. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    A1! Got both of these in--way to go, people! =D=

EDIT: I'm also pleased to announce I now have my first five reviews down: on Snips and Snails (Journey to the Pet Store), Hollow, Peaches, Abendrot or Sunset Lament, and An Awkward Addition to the Family.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  25. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    The almighty word count says I've completed 6,686 words on Heritage, Encoded, so that goal counts as met.