main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Live action Star Wars films will obviously go on beyond the ST... be that a High Republic film etc. etc. I think the ST burnt some bridges, so I'm not sure how Lucasfilm will approach live action films set in a post ST era... and I imagine it will take some deliberation for them to work out whether they wan't to go there in the near future.

2. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I don’t think it’ll be that difficult to be honest. If they were to announce that Filoni was going to make a post-ST series about Rey, Finn and their Jedi Order, I think people would be pretty excited. Most importantly I think the general public would definitely watch it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  3. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I think any 'Rey New Jedi Order' concept is, at this juncture, probably more appropriate for a TV series than a live action film. I doubt Boyega is going to come back to Star Wars any time soon.

4. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    I mean he seemed keen if they were to treat his character with more respect.

5. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Well that's always possible... never say never I suppose... but my point was more around whether it's 'easier' to mine pre-ST era material... especially as it would avoid having to get Boyega and Isaac to reprise their roles, which whilst possible isn't probable in the near future (maybe 5-10 years?). A caveat to this (IMHO) is how big a character Grogu becomes... because I think he could (currently) help build interest in any film, be that pre or post ST, if he were thrown into the mix. It just becomes a question of whether it's a safer bet for Lucasfilm to use him in a post ST era story with Rey, or whether there's more mileage in a pre ST era story, where they can include Luke Skywalker etc. etc.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The only “source” would be the fact that Kenobi went through rewrites with the rumor being that it was to differentiate it more from The Mandalorian. Of course it made no mention of F&F forcing those changes so that’s hogwash in all likelihood.

DarthPhilosopher and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Not at all. This has nothing to do with ST hate or for/against KK. Its about the story.

There is not a coherent Star Wars story told by LFL that wasn't tied to Filoni. On one hand is Mandalorian, Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance (which fans didn't take to). The other is the ST, Solo and RO (which I liked but was a mess).

But he story of Star Wars is the focus point for F&F. They have made that clear since working with Disney/LFL - far more than the lip service anyone else has given. They get how all the pieces matter and the impact of each story beat.

F&F are going to tell the story they want to tell.

I follow the evidence. A quote is pointless - we can find numerous of quotes from Iger, Kennedy, and JJ of them lying about the production of SW. In fact - only producers of Disney SW projects before F&F got involved I believe are openly honest was RJ and Ron Howard.

The media reports of Obi-Wan having to be rewritten in light of The Mandalorian are one way to taking it. If A forces B to change then A is dominant - correct?

F&F are going to tell a story. My money says the story they will tell will not fit with what the ST did.

indydefense likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Except there’s absolutely no evidence that indicates that F&F forced the Kenobi rewrites. It’s far more likely that Kennedy or Chow or one of the other producers realized the similarities and ordered the rewrites themselves. You know someone who’s actually involved in the production. Of course the rumor that it was due to similarities between the plots could be inaccurate in the first place. Rewrites are completely standard in any production after all so it could be for any number of reasons.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. And I for one am very, very glad that it's not set in Peter Jackson's Middle Earth.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Actually, for once in his life it looks like 2Cleva is right. Speak of the devil, but Variety just published a piece on the internal tug-of-war over the series' direction. It comes just short of saying Bob Chapek is allowing Filoni and Favreau to override Kennedy on story points, but it does strongly suggest it, on top of outright stating Chapek does not trust Kennedy or "have as positive of a relationship with [her]" as Iger had.

We all owe 2Cleva a huge apology. He called this one, what, over a year ago? Huge and frustrating blow for ST fans, though. I'm not happy about this on any level.

VARIETY: The uncertain future of Star Wars - Execs and writers clash behind the scenes of the struggling film series

11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Personal attacks? Can't say joking around because I wasn't.

Do I have the same liberty?

I got banned for posting a Luke drinking milk gif.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    After you had continued posting off topic bashing, and generally trolling the thread in question despite having been warned multiple times.
    We also remember these things y'know.

13. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I clicked on the link and got Rick Astley doing his moves.

14. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    [face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Gonna be very VERY curious what it looks like though aesthetically

Even stuff like Shadow of Morder (And sequel Shadow of War) while not in the Peter Jackson universe do take HEAVILY from it in terms of its look

Yes but that doesn't mean they won't be informed by the Sequel Trilogy. Even if its not a direct connection the Sequels and what happens in them IS ALREADY informing their story decision making even on simple small things.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is the most reasonably thought out and useful post in this thread.

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    C’mon man. Even you have to be self-deprecating enough to acknowledge the humor in Pym’s post - especially great as it successfully resuscitated the Rickroll more than a decade after its peak. That’s not easy to do. Salute the joke and move along!

18. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    So ya'll still in your feelings and it results in personal attacks? That's the green light because folks are bitter from 3 years ago that I too was pointing out how messed up the ST was?

Because if I do it I get banned.

I guess I need to sing the "Everything is Awesome" song some folks need around SW.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Darth Smurf and Tython Awakening like this.
  19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    EDIT: I see you changed that while I was responding.

20. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah - my original posts - I was going to be as petty as you guys are but I'm too old to play those games.

History keeps showing the ones who raised the flags keep proven to be correct.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I pity the trolls and haters.

Sarge likes this.
  22. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Fortnite has turned the rickroll song into an emote:

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It was a joke. Literally one of the oldest jokes on the internet. You’re not the only one who has jokes at your expense posted. I still get August jokes thrown my way four years after I made an ass of myself (seriously get over it people it was FOUR YEARS AGO!!! :p)

24. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Can you put the same level of effort into making stuff up?

Edit to be on topic I guess what I’m most excited about is to see the visual styles of all these shows have compared to the films and each other.

I feel like Kenobi has an opportunity to have a unique feel or style over say Boba o Andor which I feel will be pretty analogous to Mando and R1.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Not quite. It will be four years ago this upcoming AUGUST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.