main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Post-ST Saga Film Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by JoJo90, Jan 21, 2021.

1. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    Agreed :)

2. Darthmagus970

Darthmagus970 Jedi Knight

Dec 20, 2015
    I was bored and I was thinking about another 9 movie saga that would follow the Skywalker saga. Episodes 10-18 effectively, but I'd want them to where you dont need to watch the other films to understand this set of movies. Here they are with a synopsis along with titles:

X- A Distant Enemy: another government from the unknown regions, that the New Republic had no knowledge of, invades the galaxy and tries to take over by forst taking out the New Jedi order. The new order is housed in the outer rims and is led by Rey Skywalker and Finn. A New trio as our heroes. The daughter of Rey and Finn, the daughter of Poe, and a Jedi from the new order.

XI- The Order of War: the new foe pushes the Republic farther back into its territory. The Republic tried to fight back and our new heroes try to find themselves in this war.

XII- The Dark Returns: The Republic puts on its final assault against the invaders. Amongst this, an old order is reborn

XIII- Dawn of Peace: Having defeated the evil from the unknown regions, the Republic launches its own assault a decade later to put an end to the government that tried to destroy it. Another new trio emerges, but aren't related to any heroes from before.

XIV- Fate of the Force: Pushing farther into this new territory, the Republic finds new and dangerous threats that have no want to be in the fray.

XV- Rise of the Republic: the final assault on the Government

XVI- Invasion of Evil: The Vong invasion. New trio, mix of children and relative of past 2 trilogies

XVII- Light in the Darkness: Kedi and Sith join together, reluctantly, to defeat the extra galactic foes.

XVIII- Galaxy at Peace: Vong and Republic push to end horrid and bloody conflict.

DARTH_BELO and JoJo90 like this.
  3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Not sure whay is the point of keep stating some of you guys like the ST. That's totally understandable. We all have different tastes. But I would say it is hard to argue the ST is among the preferred content for SW fans. And IMO this is mainly due to the poor handling of the OT heroes and for the hateful Reylo stuff that was inserted in the ST as a result of some very vocal part of the fandom on the internet.

Can further content be created with the ST character in the front and center? Sure. Let's stick to LFL plan: The Skywalker Saga is over. That does not mean Rey cannot appear, or Finn. But, since they are not super popular or well written characters, maybe new ones should appear as well. A new padawan that seems interesting. A real villain, who does not have a legion of fan girls rooting for the story to take a certain direction based on how hot the actor who portrays the character is...

Leave behind the Roman numbering, start creating well-written content post-IX that features new character and also the ST ones, leave the whole Reylo stuff out of SW for good, and people might want to come back to the theatre to watch those movies.

Darth PJ likes this.
  4. JoJo90

JoJo90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2021
    I agree. A continuation of their stories doesn't have to be part of another Skywalker Saga (Rey took upon her the Skywalker name, but whatever). But, I also don't think you guys should assume that people who dislike the ST are in the majority. I think you guys are just the most vocal about it on the internet. It's like how people are more likely to leave a bad Yelp review than a good one. The ST was controversial among fans, that's for sure, but I don't think MOST fans hated them.

Sarge and DarthRamRod like this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE AND TITLE UPDATE, FOR MORE GENERAL DISCUSSION ABOUT FUTURE SAGA FILM IDEAS AND SPECULATION.

6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I imagine that if they decide to continue the saga at some point, they'll want to do something more original than repeating rebels vs empire again. They still have a deep well of ideas from GL to tap into if they so desire.
    Exactly where they'd take the story, though, is difficult to say - and whether it'd be set a few decades after Rey's Trilogy or far into the future probably depends on whether any of the actors would like to return or not.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Not that it’s likely for Boyega to return, but how about SW’s version of Heart of Darkness with Padawan Finn (and Master Rey) being tasked with rescuing Poe from the last remaining sect of surviving Stormtroopers, an elite group of fanatical loyalties (including an old ladyfriend of Finn’s) living in the wilderness and refusing to surrender, led by a Col Kurtz type, who’s done unspeakable acts in the name of the FO, played by some powerhouse actor. Could even bring back the imagery of the bloody hand on the white mask from TFA.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Lulu Mars, JoJo90 and Sarge like this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    That would be a cool idea.

JoJo90 likes this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I would like to see maybe a properly animated SW film, by LAIKA or Don Bluth perhaps. It would be fantastic to see a Ghibli SW film, maybe they could cover the early, early years of the Republic.

10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I think maybe a first Jedi film and how they came to be , maybe a movie like knights of the old republic game , a movie about world between worlds and maybe something that takes place in the future but I’m tired of these one shots as well and want something like the ST.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Red_Nodtic

Red_Nodtic Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2021
    Star Wars 10; Star Master Rye - a new set of things in the star wars world. New teachings, new star fighter pilots.

Star Wars 11; Need Of Node-C - a new Anakin of the Force and the need to find Node-C on a desert planet.

Star Wars 12; Release To Rasmada or The Emperor's Scream - getting into a new World which is a star wars theme. The Emperor screams...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  12. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Despite its flaws i enjoyed the ST but i think it should be the end of this saga, the "skywalker saga" as they say, which means no more Rey, Luke, Finn, Yoda etc..

If there's a new saga post-ST, and there will be, i'm pretty sure Disney will want all brand new characters and conflicts so they can start anew. I think that's the way to go if they want to please both pro and anti ST fans (pro/anti being a simplification here).

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Rian Johnson trilogy:
    The Adventures of Broom Boy

JPorkins and black_saber like this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    There are millions of ways that could play out, and not all of them are awful.

dolphin likes this.
  15. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    If we're going to move post-ST, I'd like to see something set hundreds of years in the future, with a radically different political landscape and power dynamic.

16. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Correct. Honestly, I don’t think there is anything left to do here with the current storyline. It’s over. Heck, it’s arguable that the skywalker saga ended after ROTJ. That’s for another debate. Rey just isn’t a compelling character to me at all. Kind of boring. No real arc.

I just don’t see what they could do that wouldn’t feel like more butt-pulls or totally retread territory. Like another Jedi academy, another student or two go bad, yada yada. Yawn. I say the future of films needs to be fill in stories or stuff that happened way back before episode one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    darklordoftech likes this.
  17. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How would stuff that happened way back before episode one differ from stuff that happens quite a bit after episode nine?
    The possible content would be exactly the same. There is pretty much nothing you could tell in one that you couldn't tell in the other as well. Just like the potential for a "retread" would be the same.

18. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Oh thats possible. I think what Ive always wanted is more Jedi/Sith beginnings or origins type of films. Old Republic, Original Sith, info about the chosen one, prophecies, etc, etc. Anything like that would take place way before EP1. Hope that makes sense.

I suppose you could do something fresh or unique with things that take place way after EP9 too though. I hear ya.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  19. Red_Nodtic

Red_Nodtic Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2021
    Or why doesn't Disney buy my Star Wars like Atlantis Franchise? I'm really sick of Star Wars. Enough already.

Atlantis -2: Neobank; The Deetran Paradox
    Atlantis -1: World Wyper; Kelly Spectra
    Atlantis: Alien Supremacy
    Atlantis 2: The New Era
    Atlantis 3: The Stone Of Guya
    Atlantis 4: Trouble In The Petra System
    Atlantis 5: Eliminate Tyro
    Atlantis 6: The Magical Worlds Of Spectra....

I will sell it all for 1 Billion. I will serve as Creative Consultant and provide ideas/stories. Exciting.

20. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I'd be interested in a one-off Episode X, a coda to the saga like Toy Story 4, that takes the ideas of the sequel trilogy and delivers a satisfying arc for its characters and synthesizes the themes and questions of the saga as a whole into a compelling finale.

I made a video talking about this:

21. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Well, since it says speculation...where's Ben? Ani came before Anakin (I>VI) but also after him (1983>99). 'I' could have been VII, with Ani not remembering who he was. A reboot.

In the Kylo comic Ben says to Snoke: 'Kenobi, big famous jedi. Everyone thinks I'm supposed to be him'

So, perhaps that's what happened to Rey Kenobi: she became Skywaler, and Ben Skywalker>>Ben Kenobi. Maybe another self-naming thing. 'You were my brother Anakin' [Skywalker], said Obi-Wan [Kenobi] once.

And maybe that's what happened to Rey the teenager (those Taryn, Thea, Echo, etc from 2013/14), Lucas' original idea. After some time, Harrison Ford became River Phoenix.

Also:
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...-and-symbolism.50054022/page-27#post-57281183

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
  22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I always questioned the ending if there is going to be a trilogy about the broom boy and thought of the mysterious wondering is he the next Luke skywalker or the next Darth Vader?

The ending in the last Jedi shows characters like real people in real life can be similar to each other even if there not family or friends.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  23. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Give me more of Rey's story and chuck some KOTOR II in there (unoriginal I know).

Put reforming the Jedi, the dyad with Ben Solo, Finn, wounds in the force, Mortis, the World between Worlds, a Kreia-esque figure, Anakin and the Chosen One prophecy all mixed together in one small-scale, more personal story.

No Sith, no galactic-scale conflict, more focus on Rey and Finn as individuals rather than placing them in the shadow of the OT characters.

24. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Can we talk about that Patty Jenkins movie here? It's post ST I think

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012