main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What is the next BIG sport?

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Apr 14, 2021.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I love lacrosse, played it back in high school. I wouldn't at all mind seeing that become a Big Thing.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Monkey tennis?

gezvader28 likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sumo wrestlers are pretty big.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    How has this not happened yet ?

5. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    Has anyone tried giving monkeys rackets?

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They make quite enough of that on their own.

7. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    If I’ve learned anything from the Wattos this year it’s that Monkeys do exactly two things, neither of which are tennis: Hug each other and use motor scooters to kidnap small children.

Sarge, Count Yubnub and AutumnLight91 like this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter.

You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

I don't know why we didn't also use a haka for our rugby. Clever of NZ to invent it for the purpose of sport though. Very good.

I set up a contest where I gave monkeys knives and let them fight homeless people, but The Man said society wasn't ready for this level of entertainment and sport just yet.

Mortimer Snerd and Ramza like this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite amount of rackets win one Wimbledon championship?

Ramza and Ender Sai like this.
  10. Darth_Nabb

Darth_Nabb Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    American football's popularity has nosedived in the last few years for sure, but it's hard to say yet how much of that decline has to do with the general breakdown in social conditions vice declining interest in the game per se. I personally think the general good feelings that will be attendant to the end of quarantine and the return of full live attendance will re-infuse interest on a large scale. I also think that the proposed XFL/CFL merger has a chance to be a big success.

Formula 1, alas, will never really catch on in the USA on a large scale. For gearheads, Formula 1 is perpetually interesting because it represents the apex of automotive engineering, but for the casual viewer, the appeal has always been the simple spectacle, and in the turn in the last decade to make the cars more environmentally friendly has greatly reduced that aspect.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Gentlemen, a short view back to the past. Thirty years ago, Niki Lauda told us ‘take a monkey, place him into the cockpit and he is able to drive the car.’ Thirty years later, Sebastian told us ‘I had to start my car like a computer, it’s very complicated.’ And Nico Rosberg said that during the race – I don’t remember what race - he pressed the wrong button on the wheel. Question for you both: is Formula One driving today too complicated with twenty and more buttons on the wheel, are you too much under effort, under pressure? What are your wishes for the future concerning the technical programme during the race? Less buttons, more? Or less and more communication with your engineers?

12. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    [/throws arms up in the air] well there you go, no-one wants to show any initiative anymore.

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Basket Golf. It’s basketball but you use a golf ball.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I assume nobody mentioned BASEketball because nobody's seen it.

EHT likes this.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    “If you're going to become true dodgeballers, then you've got to learn the five d's of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!” - Patches O'Houlihan.