main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think getting on rise of the resistance during Celebration would probably be about the same during the day (hope you get lucky) but if they have a limited ticket event (like the Star Wars Nite that was planned) they could include a boarding group during the event for each ticket. I know they didn't for the planned 2020 event but the ride had just opened then and they definitely have teething problems, Hopefully by 2022 that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

And I have to agree - they don't need the SWC crowd to go to the parks but if they'll certainly capitalize on it with special events and merchandise.

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    As I recall, when partnering up with Reed Pop, they did say, that one of the benefits was that Reed Pop have offices all over the world, so it would be easier to have Celebration in other countrys.

---

We have had 40th of ANH and 40th of ESB should have happened, so we absolute need a 40th of ROTJ. 2023 need to contain a Celebration. Question is just where and when.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    You probably want to dedicate a day either before or after Celebration to just do Disney/GE. Although there wouldn't be any guarantee about getting into a boarding group for Rise that day.

However, being that Celebration wouldn't start until 10am each day anyway, you can always try each morning when Disneyland opens up at 8am to see if you get a boarding group, and then just return at your scheduled time and miss a little bit of Celebration that day. Might be worth it to at least try that if it's something you really want to do, and assuming you get a multi day pass. Still no guarantee though. You'll definitely get to do GE, and make sure to get a fast pass early for the Millennium Falcon ride. But I agree that Rise might be particularly hard to do during Celebration with everyone else wanting to do it as well.

I don't necessarily think it's a direct reason to do a Celebration. But rather, they know full well that many Celebration attendees will also do GE, and they would probably rather find a way to best accommodate that simply as a way to make things easier business wise. And then obviously do events and promotions at GE that will coincide with Celebration.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess the solution is to plan your Rise ride during the opening panel of Celebration, when everybody is either there or watching it online. :D

5. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Facebook has been showing all of my old photos from 2015, 2017 and 2019 Celebrations. I guess that’s what happens when they all take place in the same month. Hard to believe it’s been two years since Chicago, and still over a year to go!

6. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    When I bought the DL Star Wars Nite ticket last year it said that Rise would not be included, but I would like to hope that will change as the ride will have been open for nearly three years by SWC Anaheim 2022.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Hopefully they worked on it while the park was closed for the past year.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  8. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    So with that DisneyLand After Dark, is the entire park gonna be accessible to the ticketholders, or just the star wars area?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    If it's like the one in Orlando just the Star Wars area.

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I believe they said select other attractions would be open. If it's like the one in Paris all the major rides were open and you could basically go anywhere (shows, smaller rides, shops & restaurants were closed)

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It would be GE and at least Tomorrowland, since that's where Star Tours is, and they also fix up Space Mountain to make it all Star Wars like. Probably Main Street all the way up to the castle will be open to walk. Other than that could be anyone's guess in terms of what else will be open.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    And now begins the great Disney Youtuber Wars of 2021.

Who will be the first there on that historic opening after such a long unexpected closing? Who won't get in? Who won't get in that thinks they should, and who will get in that shouldn't? Will loyalties be tested? Who will get the most likes, subscribers, and comments?

Find out the week after April 30th!

Make sure to bop that subscribe button for exclusive content as well!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    When I wrote this I was completely blanking on the fact that Chicago 2019/Anaheim 2020 would have been the first back to back US events. Based on ticket sales the demand was definitely there for annual US events.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Re: 20th anniversary of AOTC, pour that prequel content into my veins.

Indeed. Disneyland staff at Anaheim even mentioned considerations of closing GE to anyone but Celebration attendees around those dates. But the event was then postponed and the final arrangement hasn't been made.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    As much as I would love that I have no idea how they could do it on a practical level or (more importantly) how they would justify it regular paying guests.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Happy Birthday to our very own @Padme501st!

I present the following gift:
    [​IMG]

Padme501st likes this.
  18. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I just realized shirtless angsty heart throbs are actually a thing in Star Wars.

19. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
  20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I will gladly accept that gift! Thank you guys!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I was torn between that and buying you the new Ahsoka Hot Toys figure. I'm glad I seem to have made the right choice.

Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Happy birthday!

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Oh yeah...
    [​IMG]

24. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4