main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate QAnon Casualties

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bacon164, Sep 21, 2020.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I’m so sorry, Bacon.

I would rather not talk about the friend I lost to qanon. All I can say is that it’s sad because I blame her awful bf for it. I hate qanon b/c it ruins families.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    update: not out of Q world. This **** is here to stay.

Lordban, Juliet316 , Pensivia and 2 others like this.
  3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If the update refers to your sister, I'm sorry to hear it.

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Qanon is pretty terrible. I'm sorry you lost your sister.

At any rate, I can say that someone I used to know in 2014 got lost to it because of her awful boyfriend. I think that's why some New Agers and others join it. The abuse of certain family members and partners makes them desperate to seek the truth from a scary cult.

This expert explained it better than I could. Some of the Q followers genuinely believe they are doing the right thing. What they don't understand is that Qanon is run by some messed up lunatics who are abusive. Honestly, I can't say that that is surprising. I liked the New Age people who believed that all humans were equal. They quit the damn Dallas, Texas, white tribe and moved to other cities and states. But they were few and far between compared to the majority. As someone on this website once said in 2017, the New Agers have quite a bit in common with old Hitler's crowd. That's the problem. That's why Qanon is a fascist group. It is a cult that attacks the innocent and tries to drain them of innocence.

oncafar likes this.
  5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I feel like getting an acid cleanse after watching the opening episodes of HBO's Q: Into The Storm; in particular, Jim & Ron Watkins will make your skin crawl.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just finished all 6 episodes of Q Into the Storm. I'm pretty disgusted. Amazing that people so willingly bought into this and thought it some kind of real information. And the Watkins? Ugh, such loathsome people.

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The whole lot of them are like fictional characters. Like so much in the last 5 years, they are people who defy believability wielding great power in the world. The documentary was excellent.

I think Ron Watkins is Q. His dad could have helped at times as well. It makes perfect sense. Q’s posts being exclusive to 4Chan and later 4Kun. It was a way to generate traffic and income for the Watkins. It was all fiction to them as a way to make money. Otherwise at some point Q would have gone somewhere else to post instead of going all in following the Watkins.

By Election Day I think they knew they were crossing a line with liability. Not a line of right or wrong. That didn’t concern them. The fear of litigation or some other law enforcement acting against them if they kept going stopped them. Fear of financial ruin or jail time.

The documentary was excellent. I could tell the filmmaker was at various points over the years ready to conclude the project - doing what seemed to final interviews. The Q movement would peak and start to wind down. Then something would give the Q movement new life to keep it going and keep the documentary filming. It made for a natural episodic breakdown of the series.

By the end of 2019 it was looking like Q was finally really going to run out of steam. It might go on but it’s peak was past. Then the pandemic hit. Q became bigger than ever. At that point I think it’s mostly Ron Watkins making the posts and running the account. Wild seeing how many individuals know for the 1/6 insurrection were showing up in Q circles throughout 2020.

I think they are done now. Too much heat still and fear of consequences.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I finished watching the HBO series, Q: Into the Storm too over the weekend. It's a great companion piece to Netflix's The Social Dilemma.

As HBO documentary noted, many of the Qanon followers weren't visitors to 8 Chan/8 Kun, but got their information from Qtubers and other social media Q'uers. Netflix's The Social Dilemma documentary will go into a very deep dive in how these social media platforms use data, user habits and algorithms to keep their users engaged throughout the day; 24/7. Basically, social media manipulates it users like Big Tobacco uses nicotine to keep its consumers to continually use its products. The trailer above offers these quotes,

"...there's entire teams of engineers whose job is to use your psychology against you."
    "We get rewarded by hearts, likes, thumbs up. And we conflate that with value and with truth."
    "A whole generation is more anxious, more depressed."
    "Facebook discovered that they were able to affect real-world behavior and emotions without ever triggering the users' awareness. They are completely clueless."
    "Fake news travels six times faster that real news."
    "If everyone's entitled to their own facts, there's no need for people to come together. There's no need for people to interact."
    "If you want to control the population of a country, there has never been a tool as effective as Facebook."

It was amazing that Qanon followers would be anything but the simple truths and facts. They rather believe in a global cabal or a deep state that's creating all the evils in the world, instead of believing the world have many complex problems and issues that can't be easily fixed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    nilzo antonio likes this.
  9. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  10. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Dumb question but are there more women Qanon followers than men or is that my false impression? I feel like most of the time when I see a crazy Qanon person online or in the news they're usually a white lady. Super weird that raged out white ladies become Qanon supporters and raged out white dudes are usually the ones that shoot up crowds of people.

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Now they are turning on each other. Remember that guy, who is a member of that metal band, who is in one of the more widely circulated photographs from the capitol riot? He's now providing testimony and information in order to receive a lesser sentence. And is even being provided witness protection services. This can get interesting.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    what difference does it make whether they are a man or woman?

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Seems about equal: https://civiqs.com/results/qanon_support?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true

starfish likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    casualty #278: jesus

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Guy's always been a right-wing wacko so this isn't surprising. The question is, why is he giving in to fear instead of being there in-person, maskless, with those 4,500 people who've surely been vaccinated?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Wow. I thought I was up to date on my conspiracy theories. There's quite a few there I've heard of before. I need to read up on what the hell Phantom Time is.

18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Isn't that the one about how part of the middle ages never actually happened?

19. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Yeah, the one where the Holy Roman Emperor and the Pope supposedly added a few hundred years to the calender so they'd be in charge in the magical year of 1000 AD. The years 614-911 were made up.

Wait, 911.

9/11.

Pope Sylvester II did 9/11.

20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Ohhhhh ok. I've heard of that, just not by that name then, lol. Like the current year is 1700 or something.

At least "Ancient Forgotten Pre-Ice Age Civilization' isn't anywhere on the list. [face_whistling][face_whistling][face_whistling]

Darth_Duck likes this.
  21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My favorites are Jewish Space Lasers (never heard of) and Stevie Wonder isn't blind (I was sure that there is something wrong with him)

22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I still think that Mattress Firm is a money laundering operation.

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    New Chronology is catching on.

24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ah, the Lysenko of history. Russia is truly the home of the best conspiracy theories.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002