main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    They only released Resistance on DVD, not on Blu-ray—and only the first season.

I don’t think we’re going to get physical media for any of the new stuff (certainly no 4k). Disney sucks in that regard.

2. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Hopefully by next year Disney will start releasing their programs on DVD, as I don't really have a reason to subscribe to their streaming service apart from Kenobi. (At some point I will check out The Mandalorian--I've heard nothing but good things--but there are at least 10 shows that take precedence. Next on my queue is Justified, the critically acclaimed modern Western.)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Thing is once they release it on DVD. then people won't have a reason to go on Disney+ to watch it.

4. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    There are a lot of people who still watch streaming even with dvds/blu-ray. Many people don't buy physical media and many people who buy it still like the convenience of having it available streaming. So if they waited, maybe until the series is over(in Mandos case) for a bit, most likely they wouldn't lose money or subscribers.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Can't tell if serious.

Physical media cannot compete with streaming services in the slightest. There's no contest.

6. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well if you can watch it on DVD, why would you watch it on Disney+? which obviously they would rather people did.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because it’s easier to switch on a streaming show/movie. I own all the Star Wars films on physical media yet I still often watch them on Disney+. Hell, I’ll even watch them when they air on TV.

Bor Mullet, wobbits, TadoFett and 4 others like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I have all things star wars on physical media except for TROS as that was when streaming really hit off.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    In terms of picture quality physical media will always have an edge over streaming media. You also never have to worry about connection issues with physical media.

10. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Ok lets put it another way. what will KEEP you paying for Disney+ if you have the dvds?

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I pay for Disney+ so I can watch the shows when they’re first released even if they’re later released on physical media. Same reason I go to a movie theater to see a new film.

12. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But would you keep Disney+ in the mean time? or cancel it and get it again when a new series is up?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Between Marvel and Star Wars there likely won’t be much time between series so yes I’ll keep it.

wobbits and naw ibo like this.
  14. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But will that apply to everyone? or just you?

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    After having recently moved, I can safely say my days of physical media (including books) are, by and large, behind me. Obviously moving house or whatever is stressful, we all know that. But two of the things that stressed us all out the most was moving my forest of books and my mountain of DVDs. So yeah, I'm giving a lot to charity shops now, or selling. Of course, I said by and large because exceptions will always be made. And SW is one of those exceptions. So when/if The Mandalorian and all the other stuff gets released on Blu Ray, I will buy it.

16. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    E
    Exactly. I do the same thing. I'm not getting up to dig out my DVD when I can just switch the remote to Disney+. :) But for things I really love I do also like to have the physical media. And sometimes vice versa, I bought LOTR years ago when they were released, but a few months ago I also bought the digital, for the same lazy reason, didn't want to have to dig out the DVD and have to switch between them for the extended editions and the three films. Lol I did the same thing with Velvet Goldmine, finally found it digital and bought even though I both the US and UK version of the dvd.

17. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I too will continue to hoard SW physical media as well as keeping Disney +.
    “Take my money”

Bor Mullet, Reepicheep775 and naw ibo like this.
  18. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Correct. Disney+ is great for spontaneous convenience. Physical media is great for insurance and peace of mind. They are not mutually exclusive.

19. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    what do you guys think obi was costume will look like? I personally think it will be very rugged.

naw ibo and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. I like the look in that “Obi-wan in exile” figure that’s been around for a while.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he might go for between enige and white look.

22. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    I think so too. He's isolated in a desert on Tattoine, he's not going to be buying new clothes every time he wears a hole in what he has. He's supposed to be a desert hermit.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    It will be somewhere between his ROTS and ANH robes obviously.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Yes, but who cuts his hair? Did he keep that Jedi Temple Flowbee?

[​IMG]

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    And it’s better for collection displays.