main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You gotta feel sorry for Dave Filoni and Favrue who are the furthers from whatever the trolls think they are like

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  2. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    It doesn’t even accidentally contradict the ST or it’s creation. The quote doesn’t even make sense as a slight or retcon of the ST - Rey had training, she will continue to train.

Grifters and the like will say “you have to read between the lines” but you don’t. Its a stock standard fantasy quote. The have got nothing else they can hang there hat on to as actual “evidence” and so they have to try and twist this into something.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's either "They're gonna retcon the Sequel Trilogy" not really knowing what a retcon means for every trilogy has had something that retconned it to a degree

or

they are gonna erase the Sequel Trilogy....Which never happens.

Like it or not the Sequels are here to say and are going to inform Star Wars storytelling ins some way (Especially the immediate post ROTJ Era) moving forward.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  4. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Well, I was mainly thinking of Rey before she received training from Leia. To be honest though, I don't really want to go back to the Rey-Force-abilities debate. I've said my piece on that and I'm more interested in the future of Star Wars at this point. I just wanted to point out that I don't think the Luke quote in The Mandalorian is an indication that the ST is going to get de-canonized.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also remember Filoni has always been posetive torwards the sequel trilogy movies, helped create certian ards for characters, has agood friendship with RJ and he helped Filoni on his live action role. And now recently Filoni and RJ has talked about the mandalorian and him coming in there maybe.

6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You can just admit that you can’t really back up your statement. It’s okay. We already know.

EHT, DarthPhilosopher and TCF-1138 like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I sometimes feel like you are one these grifters, you cling to every bs rumor about star wars and reject anything you don'twant to see.

9. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You're all welcome to believe anything you like.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    If anything, The Mandalorian serves the same purpose in bridging the OT and ST just as The Clone Wars gave new context to the PT and Rebels bridged the PT and ST. All three series generally centered on new characters and setting the stages for events that would unfold in the films.

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

[​IMG]

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

Anything else?

13. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You tell me. You know where the IP is headed?

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You were specifically asked in what way F&F were already contradicting the ST. You replied with that image and quote. I replied with an image and quote that showed that there was no contradiction.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not to mention Rey is trained by Leia for a year (longer than Luke in the OT) so again how does that quote contradict anything in the ST.

16. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    guys, I found evidence of Filoni and Favreau orchestrating the take over of Lucasfilm

[​IMG]

EHT and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The ST itself was a constant contradiction of its own messages. If one is going to use the ST as an argument that F&F will take their story of Luke on the same path that ends up which is the mess of the ST then they can choose so.

18. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002

19. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I returned the same energy sent to me.

I can spell (and probably will eventually) spell out all the things F&F have said that flew in the face of the ST (again). Going to do a rewatch of his Rebels first.

But a lot of these same things were pointed out during Mandalorian S1 and posters on these boards were upset about and called it bashing to say the ST wasn't a coherent story planned in advance (and there were mods in those posters).

So the energy to point this out to those who were mad at pointing out the ST has no plan seems pointless.

I guess if the board is in a different place and everyone is at the baseline that there was no real narrative plan for the ST we could continue.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You’re moving the goalposts. First it was F&F had already contradicted the ST. You couldn’t back that up with anything meaningful and the only argument you seemed capable of making was posting an image of Luke with a quote that as shown by @TCF-1138 doesn’t contradict the ST at all. Now that you’ve proven that you can’t back that statement up you change your argument to the ST was inconsistent with itself so F&F won’t make any attempt to stay consistent with it. For someone who complains about the inconsistency of the ST maybe you should try and make the effort to be more consistent yourself.

21. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    If all your evidence amounts to you resorting to posting quotes that don’t say what you think they do and reaction gifs then you’re going to have a bad time.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It also serves as continuing the Mando arc from TCW and Rebels. In general, I think that's what all of the Disney+ series will do. Flesh out the story between saga films and expand the scope of the galaxy with cool side characters. The Acolyte being the only outlier set in a different era. But, that might be used to flesh out Plagueis, if fan speculation is correct.

23. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Or set the stage for an eventual High Republic film.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Or both. Let's be greedy.

TCF-1138 and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it could also open the doors for more prequel live action series. With this telling the rise of the sith, 50 years until TPM. Losts of stories to tell in both live action and animation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.