main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Dental Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Apr 19, 2021.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So I've had a broken tooth for like 8 or 9 years now. Caused by this brand if chicken we used to get, Kashi, I think. Was super hard stuff and yeah broke a tooth on it. Was one if my middle teeth on upper right side. Couldn't do anything about it as I didn't have time or anything to fix it. I just chewed on my left side all these years. I did get dental insurance through Publix and was about to go get a check up but I got into the army.

So today was my dental checkup. All my other teeth are great. It's just that one tooth...or rather was. They pulled it today which surprised me they do it that fast. I knew it was bad, and he showed me it. Yeah, it couldn't be saved.

I'm laying down feeling a tad loopy and I'm talking weird. But now I can eat on that side eventually now finally. Going to be weird being toothless.

2. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    'brand of chicken'

vin and Ender Sai like this.
  3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I thought they normally don't brand chickens.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  5. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Well in my loopy state of mind I ordered pizza.

I can barely chew [face_plain]

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Was this an army dentist?

it’s seems so perfectly US and A. A private dentist would have done everything to save the tooth, and charged a fortune to do so. An army dentist went for the quick, cheap option, as you and the other heroes are expendable.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    If I recall correctly there was a GIF of Arlon floating around on here, with huge teeth that I was jealous of.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I think I recall the gif.

@harpua what do your archives say?

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I used to have it, but it was in my photobucket account. ****ing photobucket.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    good teeth

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure where this thing about Brits having terrible teeth comes from, but it does seem to be a popular joke

13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's called floss.

15. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I don't think that Europeans in general have worse teeth than (wealthy or middle-class) Americans, it's just that far fewer people here get their teeth straightened out for purely cosmetic reasons. Plenty of kids have orthodontic braces, but usually only if they have issues with their bite.

Just watch European movies, many actors here have fairly irregular teeth to the point that if they want to work in the US, they'll get their teeth fixed first.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Doesn't seem like something that's particularly worth worrying about.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The United States of America, where over 100,000,000 people have to endure conditions like this because they lack dental insurance.

I'm glad you got it taken care of, Arlon.

18. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
  19. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I’ve only had dental insurance for maybe 4 years of my post-undergrad life. Also, I lost like 5 teeth during 2019-2020. No connection there.

I’m glad you were able to get it taken care of too, Arlon.

Also, during a highly stressful few hours at Heathrow (end of a family vacation that started out in delight and then descended swiftly into true C’thulhoid madness), a bag porter was just incredibly nice to us for no obvious reason. Perhaps he was sizing up my then-young brother and nephew for adrenochrome harvesting, but also he might have just been a genuinely nice guy. I appreciated his efforts to keep us out of the murder-suicide risk zone during our brief stay in his country. Also he had the worst teeth I have ever seen IRL, and I’ve been to a swap meet in Southern Ohio.

So that is my story about teeth.

The end.

20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ah, so you didn't go to Lambeth then. Quite stabby.

poor yorick likes this.
  21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You didn't have time for eight years, or were you unable to afford it?

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Unable and no time. I mean I worked for a few of those years over 70 hours with two jobs, looking back I could of. It was a combinations of didn't have a lot of time, I was always in fear of missing work because I had this sense of if I'm not sick I should be there. Of course again taking care of myself is something I've had to improve on and change about myself past few years. I mean I did get insurance to use it, my brother literally kept saying to go everyday, but I didn't want to use it. Especially during the pandemic period of everything shut down and I wasn't getting much hours then and I needed as much as I could get.