main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 19, 2021.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Alright, we're two weeks away from the premiere of the next big animated series, and by all indications-

[​IMG]

2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey the season thread! That means it’s almost time

clone commander bossk likes this.
  5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Two weeks to go!
    [​IMG]

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder why there a three ugly ships in the poster?

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder what class of starship they are. They kind of look like the Eta Class but more oriented towards speed. They vaguely remind me of the Morningstar class from the Starfighter video game with the three wings.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Pretty certain it’s a Republic Attack shuttle followed by two Eta-class shuttles.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I looks like a republic shutle and two of the shuttles that the bad batch pilot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Any of these characters showing up in Season 1, you think?
    - Quinlan Vos
    - Barriss Offee
    - Luminara Unduli
    - Grand Inquisitor
    - Darth Vader
    - Boba Fett
    - Cad Bane
    - Maul
    - Ahsoka
    - Bo-Katan
    - Grogu

I personally think Fett and Cad Bane are the likeliest this season. Maybe Ahsoka.

As for a complete wild-card guess... Maz Kanata's gotta show up in animation at some point.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I think they're going to wait until Season Two to bring out the big guns because that's been the pattern so far with Mando and Rebels. They want to get us attached to the Bad Batch before we're distracted by familiar faces. So I think Vader, Maul, Ahsoka, Bo Katan, Maul, Grogu, and probably Cad Bane are out. Boba is the exception because a) We know Fennec Shand is in this, and b) I could see them wanting to connect this with The Book of Boba Fett. Personally, I'd be surprised if we ever got Grogu in this.

Of the remaining characters, I'd say Quinlan, Luminara, and the Grand Inquisitor are possible. If they ever brought back Bariss, I imagine Ahsoka would be present, so she's probably out for now.

Thinking about these possibilities gets me excited. I hope this show runs for at least a few seasons. There's so much in this time period to explore.

12. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    That's probably true. On the other hand, I could easily imagine there being a real push to get casual Mandalorian fans interested. We've got Saw, Rex, Fennec and Tarkin showing up, I don't think a Mandalore arc with Bo-Katan (maybe even Gideon) would be a particularly huge stretch.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We are so close

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised if Luminara showed up @Reepicheep775. Barriss too would be interesting. Especially if we had her encounter Ahsoka again.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    People have been speculating about Barriss showing up and meeting Ahsoka in so many things throughout the years - it'd be nice if they finally made it happen. :p

16. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I think Barriss is more likely to show up in the Ashoka series.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You think she's still alive five+ years after Endor?

18. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    I wish this series were an anthology, like TCW, so everyone could get their time to shine, and most of the TCW plotlines could be addressed properly. But judging from the trailers, it seems the series will have a tight narrative, that will focus exclusively on Clone Force 99, like Rebels focused on Ghost Crew. Surely we are likely to get a lot of cameos and such, but it will be through CF99 perspective, and the narrative will focus on them and whatever quest they have with that kid from Kamino.

19. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    I guess anything is possible. I based my thoughts less on the timeline and more on my perception that Dave Filoni seems to have more input on the Ahsoka series rather than Bad Batch. I think that Dave Filoni would want to be the directing and writing figure over whatever story included a reunion between Barriss and Ahsoka.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I think the Barriss story is probably over before the Ahsoka series.
    While Filoni is showrunning Ahsoka, it's not as if he isn't involved in The Bad Batch. He's still head of Lucasfilm Animation (or whatever it's called these days), is he not?

That is, if there even is a post- Wrong Jedi Barriss story. It could be that they never intended anything more for her character, and that she was simply executed some time after the TCW arc.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't see why Barris' character needs any more fleshing out. Maybe if she were egged on to do the bombing she could be redeemed. But no, she did that all on her own. She doesn't get a happy ending. Hopefully she's swiss cheesed in her jail cell.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    She was going to kill herself in a story by Filoni but he scrapped it, and only wants to revisit once he has a story for her.

Darkslayer and TadoFett like this.
  23. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Out of all of these, I can really only see Boba and Bane appearning.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Bo-katan becuse of mandalorian story arc,

25. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    If the Bad Batch does return to Mandalore I imagine some cameos by clan Saxon.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021