main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The We're Bored So Let's Talk About Whatever Arena Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

The 2015 Cavs would have won the title if Kyrie hadn't gotten hurt, let alone Love. ALSO, that was in no ****ing way a Charge by LeBron in 2018 Game one, and there's no ****ing way it should have ever been reversed by replay.

*cough* @LloydChristmas *cough* - Ted Ginn Jr. getting hurt celebrating changed the entire National Championship Game

Landon Donovan would have scored against Belgium if he'd been on the roster instead of Chris Wondolowski, who skied the game winner

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    even if he ends up with fewer slams than nadal or djokovic, roger federer is the greatest tennis player of all time.

also the baseball roofs thing.

dp4m likes this.
  3. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    If NASCAR hadn’t screwed up the point system in 2004 and never fixed it, Jeff Gordon would have at least 7 titles.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This was a fumble!!! And Brady should have been flagged for tripping!
    [​IMG]

mnjedi and dp4m like this.
  5. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    This is a local one but the Pohlads are multi billionaires and they absolutely could have afforded both Joe Mauers contract and fielding a winning baseball team, they just chose not to.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Can we count Yogi Berra as an athlete? Cuz who doesn't love a good Yogism?

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Tweeted by Rex Chapman...

Juliet316 and Sarge like this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

-Yeah, game 6 of the '02 WCF was badly officiated to say the least, but the Kings deserve no sympathy, for they should have won that series in 5. Even if you discount that, what was the Lakers reward? Game 7 in that cauldron in Sacramento... Kings had the clear advantage still, and ****ed it up.

-The 2-minute warning in the NFL is useless; can't stand it.

-People gave Shaq & Kobe way too much slack in breaking up, in hindsight, because I feel it discounts what they helped to achieve: a goddamn three-peat! Still hasn't been done in the NBA since.

-Really hate the runner automatically on 2nd in the 10th inning that began in baseball last year. So there's a few 15+ inning games each season... boo ****ing hoo.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If Alex Smith hadn't suffered that horrific leg injury in 2018, Washington would have won the NFC East and gone to the playoffs instead of the Cowgirls.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Between the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL, the NFL is a better home viewing experience than actually going to the game.

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    While Baseball is better viewed in a stadium.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]
    i love these things (jay bilas posted this, thus his inclusion and it being dook-heavy)

pg - maravich
    sg - jordan
    sf - grant hill
    pf - anthony davis
    c - tyler mother****ing hansbrough

now u

14. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Still the WORST call in the history of pro sports. Totally robbed the Raiders and handed that game to Pats. That bad call launched the cheesiest dynasty ever. I like Brady - hes a good guy and all but the Patriots organization, not so much.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Blame the refs, not the Patriots.

16. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Agreed - thats the deal.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Probably: Magic, Jordan, Ewing, Duncan, Battier for me...

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Magic/Reddick/Bird/Melo/Duncan

cubman987 and heels1785 like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

dp4m, Juliet316 and DarthIntegral like this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I always found it weird that the Ref had that "tuck rule" in his back pocket. I watched decades of football before that game and I've never heard that call before. IIRC, the players, coaches and broadcasters never heard of that rule before either.

PG - Magic (can play any position)
    SG - Michael Jordan (probably could have a more outstanding individual college career if Dean Smith had less of a team concept)
    SF - Larry Bird (Legend)
    PF - Christian Laettner (ESPN's 30 for 30, I hate Christian Laettner was great)
    C - Lou Alcindor (I can't think off the top of my head of any center or arguably any basketball player in general having a better college career, let alone the options available on the list above)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    ssp, you're a high roller. you only have $15 to spend, that's the challenge of the exercise. :p

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [face_laugh] Totally forgot about the salary cap.

EDIT:

PG: $5 Magic Johnson
    SG: $4 Michael Jordan
    PF: $3 Christian Laettner
    SF: $2 Anthony Melo
    C: $1 Anthony Davis

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    heels1785 likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I posted Lasha above. His goal is a 500 kg total. Here he does 225 snatch with the ease that everyone knew he could. He actually does not stick the 270 C&J attempt as he never stops stepping. So it's not quite a 495 total.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Today is the NFL draft and therefore I'm reminded of the Kevin Costner movie, Draft Day.

The only thing realistic about this film is the Cleveland Browns having the number draft pick. The draft day itself is so looney, it should be a cartoon with Kevin Costner being Bugs Bunny and the other GMs being Daffy Duck.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It's a bit weird not having Cleveland at or near the top of the draft order this year.