main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions In real life what would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    I would probably be one of the most despicable Sith in history.

Also one of the weakest by being too lazy to train.

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    This one is obvious.

Probably be a jedi...and end up falling.

Only question is...how far do I fall?

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I’d be killed by my master for being super lazy.

“Really...master I want to do force lightning not another boring holocron lecture”.

4. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Hahahaha, in fact i would be more into the Sith lore than actual martial training, i would be the Odan Urr of the Sith.

5. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    A Jedi, because there ethics are closer to my RL ones. However, I do agree with the Sith that we should be passionate, passion can be defined as “ardent affection, not just lust or desire.”

6. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    In real life I would undoubtedly be a Jedi. However, I would not be a Jedi like the ones we saw in the Prequel Trilogy, because that kind of Jedi is extremely dogmatic, rigid and little attentive to the concrete problems of ordinary people. Although there are Jedi of that period that I personally love, such as Obi-Wan or Shaak-Ti, in general the Jedi Order of the Prequel Era is quite ideologically disgusting. On the contrary, I would like to be a Jedi more like those who were part of Luke’s New Jedi Order, because I totally agree with the philosophies carried out by the Luke's New Jedi Order, and I believe it is infinitely better than the Old Jedi Order.

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade alone are worth being part pf the New Jedi Order. They show us you be a Jedi and be normal too. ;)

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  8. Eike Starseeker

Eike Starseeker Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 1, 2019
    In real life I would be a Jedi like Qui Gon first, I guess.
    Probably falling to the dark side later on, but not becoming a Sith.

9. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    A Jedi, but more for the faults than the virtues.

Kato Sai likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I agree with this:

Which Sith Lord Are You? Take This Personality Quiz to Find Out

You are Darth Maul

You were made a Sith at a young age and have been a part of their mandate ever since. While you don't necessarily care too much for their ways, it does give you the freedom to fight and pursue your vengeance.

https://twinfinite.net/2021/06/which-sith-lord-are-you-personality-quiz/9/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  11. QuiGonJinn911

QuiGonJinn911 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2020
    Grey Jedi

greyjedi125 likes this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    In real life:

I don't think I'd be either. If I was force sensitive I'd probably be a loner. Or at the very least I wouldn't follow either of the orders 'codes'. Both are too extreme, but at the opposite end of the spectrum.

I mean..I'd be a Jith...no a Sedi..no a Jith...I mean....a loner :(

in character or RPGing:
    Sith are more interesting to write, admittedly :p

Kato Sai and Lady Belligerent like this.
  13. Herald of Lotek'k

Herald of Lotek'k Jedi Padawan

Jun 17, 2021
    I'd try my best to be a Jedi but I'd probably fail to become a Knight because of:
    - my growing disillusionment in Republic/Jedi justice
    - Paranoia and deep-rooted anger issues
    - A personally morbid code of justice
    - An eager desire to learn more about the dark side and other branches of The Force

I'd honestly just leave the Order and become a proud Fallen (Dark) Jedi. I'd still remember my Jedi training but twist it to fit my brutal vigilante agenda. I'll be the hero the people of The Republic and beyond need, not what they want...

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    To be fair its only Obi-Wan who says “only a Sith deals in absolutes,” and what he probably meant is there is no room for “agree to disagree,” its your “either with me or my enemy.” Obi-Wan clearly believes in absolutes, for later he says, “You were The Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!” To destroy the Sith is an absolute eradication.
    What Kenobi meant by absolutes is there is no room for understanding or disagreeing, which Anakin showed when Padme said, “have you ever wondered if we are on the wrong side?” To this Anakin stands up, acts vehemently and says, “Your sounding like a Separatist!” Again no room for variance of opinion or ideas.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  15. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    A Jedi. The Sith have a terrible dental plan.

16. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here Here!

17. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Yoda says you’d be a great Jedi then:

[​IMG]

19. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This pleases me........... ;)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  20. Hawke

Hawke Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2021
    I thought it might have:cool:

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This was my answer............. just so we're clear :p

Hawke likes this.
  22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Honestly, the older I get the less I feel inclined to join either order, their days are too long and their lives too short.
    Still if I had to chose I would rather be a Jedi than a Sith.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  24. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    In all seriousness, being a Sith Lord is a sober commitment. Even ignoring the demands of initiation (the severing of all ties with one's past life and demands to murder special people so as to ensure there is no turning back), it's a decade or more of living under your master's thumb and doing everything they tell you, no matter how arduous, or boring or nonsensical, with total obedience (backtalking or skirting...is not treated leniently).

To be a Sith means to give up love, simple pleasures of life, and anything and everything but your commitment to the Sith Order, to the dark side, and to the Sith Way.

I'd say to become a Sith, you must either be a deeply damaged person, a total sociopath, or someone who wholeheartedly and with religious zeal believes in the Sith Code and the Sith's eternal dream.

The Jedi are strict, sometimes very much so, but the Sith in actuality demand oh so much more.

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    The two main reasons sentients join the Sith is the pursuit of knowledge and power. The Jedi have a cap on knowledge, dogmas you have to memorize and pratice, while the Sith allow secret knowledge, and mysteries to be contained in their holocrons, texts, tombs, and spirits.
    The draw to the dark side is no limitations in lust for power and thirst for knowledge, however, that knowledge, and power takes a toll on the soul and body; that knowledge and power has a cost.

As Master Yoda says:

When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.”