main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Odyssey came out in 2018 actually, though given that Ubisoft has several different studios each working on different projects, the gaps between become kinda hazy (for instance, did you know that the team that made the first three games up to Brotherhood, then went on to develop Unity next, while other teams worked on the four intervening titles).

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Oh I am bad at numbers lol.

darkspine10 likes this.
  3. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Forgot how tough Tutankhamun was as a 'final' boss of Curse of the Pharaohs, he's got a pretty lethal lunge attack that takes off about 2/3rds of my health.

And I like the afterlives a lot, but the central story of the DLC is a little poorly structured. Lots of separate quests that sort of weirdly layer on each other, never really making it clear what the order is supposed to be or how it all relates. I do like the story as a whole, but it keeps feeling like it's getting interrupted.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

A legend leaves this series after being With Ubisoft for 10 years, happy for him to move on and sorry to lose him.

solojones likes this.
  5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I finished the main story quests of Odyssey yesterday - very cool game. I kept alive as many characters as possible, so I had a nice family reunion ending.

The only thing that really annoyed me in the game was the way you're given dialogue options, but when you take them they often go in a different direction to what appeared to be the choice, i.e. you wish to politely decline an offer, but Kassandra actually goes much further and insults the NPC! So I felt I had less choice than I'd have liked. Minor gripe in a game this good, but it's there.

I haven't started any of the DLC's - are they good? I can't even remember their names, it's been a while since I bought the game, so I don't really know what they are.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The DLCs are good.

solojones likes this.
  7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Legacy of the First Blade is great for Kassandra character development. Then Fate of Atlantis is good for your mythology and Isu lore.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  9. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I finished Legacy of the First Blade today. I thought it was good.

solojones and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's nice news. Lets do the Pachacuti!

EDIT: Mind caught up with itself. Brazil is not part of the area that the Inca Empire controlled. So no Pachacuti.

EDIT: when they say Brazil, do we know what they mean? As in, are we talking the current geografic area (which is big) or, just the area that was colonial Brazil during that era?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    darkspine10 likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

sorry for double thread, here is a list of upcoming projects in the assassin's creed multiverse.
    We will be getting adoptation of the video games, new stories with returning characters and new characters in this new rebranding, as classics, chronicles,originals. We getting everytihng from comics, books, manga and audio, tv series both animatedand live action games, only this missing is anther movie. Shao Jun is increasing in popularity so might see her again soon,

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  15. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Not enjoying AC:eek: Fate of Atlantis as much as I thought I would. I'm finding Elysium a little cheap-feeling compared to Greece, and it's annoying to get around. I hope Hades' Underworld is more to my liking.

Jedi Ben and Moll like this.
  16. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Edit - problem solved.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How did you find Hades' dog?

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Took him down first try.

It was the first Cyclops I ran into that gave me the most grief, but once I knew to wear the right sort of armour it just became a matter of patience. I used the same basic tactics for Cerberus (overpower attacks, flaming weapon, fury of the bloodline ability).

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I got nowhere on it, so respecced Kass' physical resistance to about 80% and then gave the dog a kicking.

soitscometothis likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cerberus didn’t give me much trouble.
    Hades on the other hand...
    [​IMG]
    :p

Jedi Ben and darkspine10 like this.
  21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm playing through the Atlantis DLC myself right now actually, just met Charon the ferryman :) I do love the visuals in the DLC, the landscapes are gorgeous. Gameplay could've been a bit more varied from the base game though. At least that's not too much of a problem this time, I decided to skim through the important main story beats, then skip right to the start of the DLC so I could replay just it. Much more refreshing when I haven't played 160 hours in regular Greece before now :p

Jedi Ben and soitscometothis like this.
  22. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I didn't end up finishing the DLCs for Odyssey, as after 120h of gameplay and going for the platinum trophy, I was a bit tired of it :p I might go back to them one day, but not anytime soon.

I have started playing Valhalla recently, and so far, I must admit, I am not that enamored by it. I have only invested 12 hours into it so far, and as usual, the scenery is pretty (at least once I got to England), but it just feels lacking in some way. I will finish it, as I have done all the other games, but don't think I will be ranking it that high, at least not unless something amazing happens! ;) I will admit that I do like having my little town to build up though, and the dice game, Orlog is awesome, lost count of the number of games that I have played! xD

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm really enjoying the Underworld. In terms of aesthetics it looks so much better than Elysium I wonder if they had a different team on the two DLCs. It's very atmospheric.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I think Valhalla needs a bit of time to get going. I also wasn't feeling it initially but once I got into it it opened up a lot and I started enjoying it.

Jedi Knight Fett and Moll like this.
  25. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Finished all three eps of the Atlantis DLC today. Since it wasn't the bookend for a hundred hour marathon of the base game, I enjoyed it a lot more this time, as a focused experience. The three locations, Elysium, Hades, Atlantis, are all visually incredible, so much fun to explore and traverse. The writing and quests are a little inconsistent throughout. Elysium's story of rebels and gods never really finds a point, you just do errand for every side for some reason, then it all ends. The Underworld has probably the best story (besides each questline being completely disconnected), revisiting several key characters from the base game's story in their afterlives. Atlantis goes for some big ideas, and it's my favourite setting, but it does wrap up a bit too quickly to be satisfying. And the modern day plot is just nonsense on a stick (or staff of Hermes) at this point. Valhalla was at least utterly bonkers and had fun with the insane lore it put on the table).

The only big drag is that the gameplay is more or less identical. If you like Odyssey's gameplay loop, then is more of that for you. I got very tired of it last time, but coming in fresh for the DLC meant I wasn't so bothered this time. Anyway, it's a fun DLC, more memorable than Legacy of the First Blade for sure.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.