main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Exodus Wall - OOC Thread for 'For All Mankind'

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, May 1, 2021.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Greetings, greetings. This shall serve as the OOC thread for For All Mankind, feel free to chat and make yourselves comfortable.

Thank you to my first player @Narancia for joining the game.

Also while I said there can be multiples of some class, Recon is not one of them and thus that class is now closed for selection.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright so for any lurkers out there that are thinking of joining, there are four players I have confirmed. The assassin, sniper, and recon classes are no longer available.

Also I know there are at least a few of you that have 'too-much-on-my-plate-I'm-really-sorry-Shadowsun" syndrome and in the event we don't get to 11 (which is quite possible) the game is set up in a way that it is very easy to integrate new players. So if you ever have an apocalyptic cyberpunk itch with a side of some good ole fashioned political intrigue, you know where to come. lol.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
  4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Among other people, you ain't the only one. :p

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Never said I was ( something you always say, lol ), just wished to check some facts before....well, you already know. [face_clown]

6. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Lol I think you mean Patriarch and Anubis say that all the time. I would never say that...wait...[face_laugh]

7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Well, I guess today was the mega day for people putting up character sheets.

A warm welcome and thank you to
    @greyjedi125
    @Master Vo'Un'Var
    and @spacelady
    for all joining the game, I really do appreciate it.

I have added a little section in the first post in the Cybermatrix regarding upgrades, some flavor text for you all to read through.

For any lurkers out there the medic class has been claimed and is no longer an option.

8. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
  9. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    And I'm here! Lets do this. ;)

10. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Indeed! A warm welcome to our two latest players @Mitth_Fisto and @Darth_Elu! Very excited to have you both on board.

I am waiting on one more CS, and unless I get any PMs from anyone else, I expect to have the first update sometime over the weekend, if not sooner! :D

Thanks to you all for embarking on this journey with me! Let the good times roll! [face_party]

11. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Sorry for the double post but I have added a map to the Cybermatrix, take a gander, enjoy.

Info regarding non-Ono-Sendai nations will be put up in time.

12. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Dang, I did not expect us to be losing that badly.

13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Well, you did read about how it was on the edge of the apocalypse :p

But yes, Earth is...in a bad spot to say the least.

14. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Hawaii’s still good, so I’ll just go hang out over there. 8-}

15. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Smiles knowingly...

You go ahead... I wouldn't want to go there in this world... for... reasons... [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil]

16. Narancia

Oct 24, 2020
    Lol I guess I shouldn't really be suprised then. But I do have some questions;

How has Japan survived the onslaught of the Xenos invasion? Does it have anything to do with the same struggles that the U.S had during WW2?

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Likely not. While it may play a part, due to its importance in Ono-Sendai, I assume it is highly militarized which is helping immensely. Plus the Xenos are probably more focused on fighting through China and any defiant pockets of Siberia at the moment.

Bouvier: Mhm. I told you all.

18. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Good question!

A multitude of factors. Ono-Sendai went from corporation to 'empire' for lack of a better term, before the Xenos invasion. Korea and Japan were among the first to come under their sway, as such massive investments were put into both areas. Japan became a key center of innovation, production, and design for Ono-Sendai, the cultural attitudes of a strong work ethic carrying over well to the company. As such the Ono-Sendai military presence there was very strong before the Xenos even invaded.

So the main answer is Ono-Sendai has been defending Korea and Japan very aggressively due to their key uses to the corporation. Heck, the Head Quarters of Ono-Sendai are in Korea.

EDIT: Elu is spot on, despite the area around Europe being some of the heaviest fighting many of Ono-Sendai's forces are located in Korea and Japan.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  19. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes, yes, I'm lurking. Sadly I'm going to have to continue to lurk and enjoy the adventure vicariously. Too many other things on the plate. Like a certain someone reintroducing someone in an upcoming story, grrrrr. :p

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *readies lasso to drag @darthbernael out of the Shadows of Lurk, despite all "reasonings"* :p

21. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Wait...is that the lasso of truth and wonder woman's outfit...bold...
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Wrong fandom moment, I know.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    All Wonder Woman references are always allowed. Plus, Ono-Sendai and the rest of us have need of you. Stat! I expect a CS from you at 18:00 hrs soldier! :p

23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Crap, darn, starts looking at the CS template. And then a small smile forms

Ohhhh we're going that route, are we?

24. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It’ll be so much fun, @darthbernael! Totally worth the time! :D

25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    You all are going to be the death of me. Too many good games, never enough time.