main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Kaminoans Krazy Kloning Konundrum (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, May 4, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So it’s obvious that Kamino has something up their sleeve. Any theories on what they are planning? Post them here.

whostheBossk and SeparatistFan like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    the way they talked in the end, hints at Kamino clone rebellion, they let Omega go. I think this might be the best shance we get to inside kamino.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Could be they have some way of controlling the clones they didn't tell the Republic/Empire about. Some additional programming under the official one.

That could explain why the Empire decides to stop using the clones, cause as of right now, I don't see any logical explanation why the Empire should stop using them.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    From the way Tarkin was talking it was less expensive for conscripted soldiers, he was already anti-clone to begin with, and he doesn't seem to like non-humans and now that the new administration in power they no longer need to make good on any previous arrangments.

Kaminoans were in league with the Sith, not the Republic or Jedi. So its unclear to me why Tarkin thinks he can boss them around on this show. They were also directly contact with Palpatine even. If it was a matter of Tyranus is dead now, no deal, it doesnt work. Clones were also phased out over time, here its like they want it over night.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Palpatine and Tarkin trough him, will make it difficult for Kamnio, I think the clone rebellion is coming and will becuase of the empire themself.

6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    my thoughts?

...they'll figure out a way to make money somehow. Kaminoans are business minded. The Clone Rebellion in BF2 was cool but insurrection is not how the Kamnioans do things.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think the Kaminoans are scheming something or Palpatine had the intuition to think they were so he sent Tarkin. That makes sense. In the Order 66 arc, we hear the discussion of the Jedi being a curious cult and I think the Kaminoans are well aware they are part of a conspiracy that could backfire on them. Maybe enhanced clones where the inhibitor chip is less effective was part of a contingency. The Empire may just be looking for any excuse at this point to end relations and start getting rid of the clones in general. Tarkin seems surprised about the existence of enhanced clones like Bad Batch and that seemed to make him more suspicious. He immediately has it out for CF99.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also possible this is a double play and Palpatine had his own contract with Kamino

beetzello likes this.
  10. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    It would be really interesting if Kamino vs. Empire became the central conflict of this time period because there doesn't seem to be an simple "good guy".

11. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    My guess is that Tarkin wasn't really evaluating the clones' effectiveness vs. conscripts as part of an honest military review, but is doing some reconnaissance to build up towards whatever plan Palpatine already has in place for eliminating the Kaminoans. I forget, do the Kaminoans already know that Palpatine is Sidious? I assumed they did, but I can't remember if that's ever explicitly spelled out.

beetzello and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Well, if you think about it, the Kaminoans are a threat to the Empire for multiple reasons. They are a loose end for Palpatine, for one, and we know how he typically treats those. Also, the Kaminoans have the ability to raise an army that could challenge the Empire's authority.

@Bor Mullet raised this question in another thread: why doesn't the Empire just take Kamino over and force them to produce clones?

It's a good question. There seem to multiple reasons for this. Tarkin dislikes non-humans, and he and Palpatine may not actually trust clones because they know they can be controlled with implants. Then again, wouldn't that be true for conscripts too?

Tarkin claims clones are too expensive, but I think this is just a justification for his bias and distrust.

So why wouldn't the Empire just destroy Kamino? Well, they may want them to focus on cloning projects for Palp. Kamino also may be able to defend itself, with clones or by other means we aren't aware of yet. The Kaminoans have amazing tech, and maybe that applies to their defense too.

beetzello likes this.
  13. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    The Kaminoans knew Tyrannus and assumed he was a Jedi. I doubt they actually realized he's really Count Dooku. As for Sidious, it seems that the bio-chip was programmed to make the clones recognize Palpatine as My Lord and other Sith greetings. They might have known, but didn't care until it's too late.

As for the Kaminoans' plan, there seems to be a growing realization that, like many business partners of the Sith, they were being cut of the equation in this new order and corporations don't like that. I mean, look what happened to the Trade Federation after they made a deal with the Sith. Or the Banking Clan. Their power and authority are either dissolved by the Empire or absorbed into Palpatine's direct control. The Kaminoans were clearly thinking that the Republic will continue to use their clone armies for "peacekeeping purposes" in the following decades. As a corporation, it's a good bet. But Palpatine is clearly moving to take over all of their businesses and if all the conflicting tie-in materials of TROS are anything to go by, it's the first step for Palpatine to create his immortality contingency plan.

So for the Kaminoans, I think they want to uncover the truth of what the Empire wants with them because the last thing they want is to be stabbed in the back by their benefactor.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  14. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The clones are obviously superior to regular conscripts, as was demonstrated by how quickly they executed Order 66 and pretty much eliminated most of the Jedi Order in matter of minutes. Even if they are more expensive than conscripts, the increase in cost is obviously well worth it. And the Empire has the entire galaxy to plunder. Money, unlike for the Republic, shouldn't be an issue.

If the Kaminoans kept some fail switch in place, that isn't a reason enough to stop using clones. Its just reason enough to take the technology away from the Kaminoans.

The logical thing for the Empire to do is to combine both approaches. Use both clones as elite shocktroopers and regular conscripts for occupation, patrols, and other non--combat duties.

Further, they should establish cloning facilities on other planets as well, to make sure the Empire is not relying on just one source, and start using multiple clone templates for better protection against biological weaponry.

Combination of multiple clone templates from multiple cloning facilities with conscripts, and you have a flexible army that can handle anything.

The Chalk Jedi and Shadao like this.
  15. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Did the Empire do this, you think? Are the Death Troopers and Imperial Guard made up of clones?

If not, it could just be as simple as the prejudice of people like Tarkin who went full conscript.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  16. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    *chants*
    RAIL ARCS! RAIL ARCS! RAIL ARCS! KAMINO REBELLION! VADER'S FIST! BOBA FETT!

17. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    ANTI TROOPERS! ANTI TROOPERS! ANTI TROOPERS!

18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    We might very well see a clonetrooper vs stormtrooper scenario. I have no idea how the stormtroopers would win though. They'd have to have some Imperial technological advantage to do so.

That's how such poorly trained troops seem capable of holding the galaxy at bay.

19. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I remember that in the old EU, the Stormtrooper Corps were a branch of the Imperial military separate from the Imperial Army. I believe they were part of a "Cult of the Emperor" as well. In Solo, we saw stormtroopers fighting alongside but separate from the Imperial Army, so this has kind of been carried over into the new canon. It will be interesting to see if Bad Batch covers the creation of the Stormtroopers, and I'm curious how the scheming between Kaminoans and Palpatine plays out.

20. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    It seems in the early days of the Empire, the Stormtroopers were an elite corp separate from the Imperial Army but eventually that corp started to supplant the army as the main force for the Empire likely out of a propaganda value. The unfortunate side-effect is that they began recruiting fanatics and buffoons to fill up the ranks that the Stormtroopers went from feared to jokes.

Yeah, when you think of about it, the Clone Army became the foundation of the Stormtroopers but when the Empire started making cuts on clone troopers and started relying on conscripts instead, it made sense for them to keep the visual appearance of the clone trooper armor as they essentially repainted the Imperial Army in Stormtrooper garb.

21. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    This is an interesting insight, and it reminds me of extremist parties and movements in our own time.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Storm Trooper thing is a historical reference to Imperial/Nazi Germany, so that is correct. The original Storm Troopers were elite soldiers of WW1 (sometimes called "Shock" Troopers, also a designation referenced in Star Wars lore) but then the Nazis bastardized the term to refer to the SA, Hitler's goon squads. So the soldiers of Star Wars could be either elite troops of the Imperial military or plain fanatics in this context.

23. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I like the idea of an "Order 99" that someone brought up.

It's possible that a clone rebellion was planned for Underworld, and that the character of 99 in TCW Season Three was created as backstory for a storyline that never materialised. Is there any other reason he would be named 99 other than it being an upside-down 66?

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Is there any mention of Kamino in stories later on the timeline (new canon, of course)?

I think the scene of Kamino's sea domes crashing into the waters after an Empire attack could be quite dramatic.

25. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    They showed us that they can manipulate the chips in the clones, and while the Coruscant Shocktrooper guards and the grown clones are all chipped and loyal to the Empire, I suspect the Kaminoans might alter the chips of the clones still being grown

There might be a rebellion, but that might be a later season conflict after a timeskip, which I suspect they'll hold off on for a bit to show more of the Republic becoming the Empire