main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Community' started by Glitterstimm, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I think my ending is called Path of Glory.

I let Johnny take over V’s body in order to team up with Rogue and attack Arasaka Tower. Once Johnny jacked into Mikoshi, I had Johnny follow Alt into cyberspace, returning V to his body. V, having months to live, was launched into space for a raid on the Crystal Palace.

I was pretty satisfied with the ending and the voice messages from the various characters during the credits. Although, I seem to have unintentionally ruined Jefferson Peralez’s life. I might try another playthrough with a totally different character build. I went nomad with high reflexes and stealth, but I might try a corpo character with more technical abilities.

Glitterstimm and blackmyron like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    13.7m sales in December 2020.

30,000 actual refunds.

Yep, be very wary of Witcher 4 a few years down the line but most probably won't be.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I’ll be more wary than I would have been otherwise. Witcher 3 is one of the best games I have ever played and I had expected a high standard from Cyberpunk. As much as I enjoyed Cyberpunk, I was hugely disappointed in CD Projekt Red. I thought they would have taken a lot more pride in their release.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And pre-launch, save for those few days before, there was no real way to be suspicious of it, people had reason for being confident and optimistic.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed but Witcher 3 was buggy as hell when launched. Maybe not CP77 levels of buggy but it wasn't good.

At least CDPR work on it and fix the problems.

That being said, it should never have been released in the state it was and if they have an AAA game due in the next couple of years they will be releasing with a cloud still firmly over their heads

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I finished it. Great, great game.

My Nomad V returned to the desert with Panam and Judy, making a neat circle. I really liked how it all came together.

My only major criticism of the writing, which was great, would be to suggest moving the reveal that V is dying toward the end of Act 2. Removing Johnny is motivation enough, and the ticking-clock element creates dissonance with V spending all this time on side missions, which are otherwise so well integrated into the story by making V a mercenary working to rise to the top. Letting you get through most of the side content before dropping the revelation that V will die if the process isn't immediately reversed would balance that out.

But man, what a game. It immediately became one of my all-time favorites. Looking forward to revisiting it before too long.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    My feeling is that the ending with the Nomads is the ideal ending - especially if you're with Judy. I did the 'Burn Out' ending where I went on the mega-heist that would have me go down in runner history, which I thought was the most 'cyberpunk' ending... but Judy leaves you in the process. Plus Rogue dies.
    I guess the second-best ending is the 'Suicide Run' where you and Johnny make a one-man assault on Arasaka without support. Same result as the 'Burn Out' ending, except Rogue doesn't die.

8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I think the ending I try next is
    letting Johnny have the body. Then the heist ending.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I've done 4 endings, and have 2 more to go at some point.

The
    Aldercado one with Panam was by far the most satisfying, and left the least gut-punch sensation with voicemails.

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I've finished sixth endings and i've read there is seventh one hidden somewhere.

Anyone know about that ending?

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    There's... not seven endings. There's 5 + 1.

1. V as a nomad (Panam / Star achievement)
    2. V's last big heist (Rogue Sun achievement)
    3. Suicide (V / Path of least resistance)
    4. Help Hanako, be hit with Soul Killer (Hanako / Devil achievement)
    5. Johnny takes over (Johnny / Temperance achievement)
    6. Hidden Ending / (Don't Fear The Reaper - suicide run with just Johnny and V).

To get #6, you need to get your Johnny relationship stat to 40% before doing Nocturne Op55N1. To do that, during the Chippin' In quest, you have to say three distinct lines of dialogue with Johnny at the oilfields:
    • "Nah, ****ed that up too."
    • "What do you want from me?"
    • "Ok. But as second chances go, this is your last."
    Note: some of the quests can have variations to them, such as whether you go back and save Takemura, or agree to be an engram etc. But those are the six endings.

12. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I see.

I took the variation of one particular ending as an ending in itself.

In that case, i've done five and need to unlock the sixth.

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    So, finally finished a second play with the proper ending.
    Yeah, it's definitely playing a female V with Judy as your love interest and getting the Aldecaldos to help you. It just felt more epic than doing the Rogue assault on the tower - driving a tank, blasting drones.... and there's actually the strong suggestion that maybe V will survive longer than 6 months. Arasaka still gets trashed, even if Yorinobu is still in charge. And boy, Takemura was pissed... but since he's going to off himself, who cares?
    I felt I got to do everything this time 'round (except the final boxing match, which I don't have an issue skipping. So, until the free DLC content drops, time to retire Cyberpunk 2077. For now.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not sure it's as proper as

male V with Panam, given she is Aldercados...[/spoilers]

15. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    But does Judy leave with you, just as a friend? Because she is in dire need of leaving the city. If she does, yeah - I agree that's equally good. I'm also guessing that the other two love interests won't go with you.

16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    The best thing about CP2077?

Detective River.

Seriously, just give me a spin-off Cyber Noir game. By far, the River stories are my favourite.

The political conspiracy being my favourite.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  17. Dannik Jerriko

Sep 12, 2017
    I liked River too and I think he’s the supporting character that was left most open for further development. I wouldn’t mind a DLC featuring River as the protagonist.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, she leaves much earlier. After the Pyramid Song mission. It's nice, she and V chat over the phone and text about her life on the road.

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Any news about the DLCs?

20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Nada, just a lot of speculation.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Better not be, I’m still patiently waiting for the Series X/PS5 version that they need to get to before worrying about DLC. :p

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    They need to fix the base game before they think of anything

23. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Patch 1.3 has finally dropped, with a lot of fixes, a minor bit of free content (clothes and a car), and a very different Johnny Silverhand skin.

[​IMG]

Less anti-corporate punk terrorist, more neo-eighties washed-up rockstar.

Gamiel, blackmyron and Jedi Ben like this.
  24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I started a new game to see how the update has improved performance on xbox, and was pleasantly surprised. Resolutions have improved a lot, particularly on detailed items like vending machines and posters. Texture loading is faster, which makes driving much better, and framerate stability is improved as well which makes combat much smoother. After about 10 hours of play, there have been zero crashes, which also feels like an improvement. While I was hesitant to recommend this game on base xbox one before, I think it's at a place where anybody into FPS games can enjoy it, as long as you're not already accustomed to next-gen graphics.

Still need to unlock all the endings.

25. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    did this game have a good story