main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multifandom] 5 Days In May - drabbles/ficlets, Springtime Meadow challenge response

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by amidalachick, May 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: 5 Days In May
    Genre: Various
    Characters: Various
    Notes: A drabble collection for @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha's beautiful Springtime Meadow of Wildflowers & Berries challenge. My plan is to complete at least 5 drabbles/ficlets during the month of May using some of these prompts. While things don't always go according to plan, as we all know, I have three sketched out already and I'm trying to keep this just a fun little project and not stress over it anyway.

I'm also calling it multifandom because the first one at least is a different fandom than my usual. I'm not entirely sure yet about the rest but we'll see. :p

And as always, further notes/characters/pairings will be listed for each individual drabble/ficlet.

Finally, the title for this collection is taken from 5 Days In May by Blue Rodeo. [face_love]

Enjoy!

Index:

Lost, Then Found (John Wick; John Wick/Helen Wick)
    Silver Lining (House, M.D.; House, Cuddy)

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Fandom: John Wick
    Characters: John Wick/Helen Wick
    Notes: Written for the prompt "Lost, Then Found". I love these movies, and this is an idea I've had in the back of my mind for a while. I've also been in a bit of a slump again so I figured, why not give it a try. :p It's a drabble and doesn't go very in-depth, I'm going off memory because it's been a while since I watched the movies, and I've also never written for this fandom or these characters. That said, concrit is always welcome!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy. :)

Lost, Then Found

John Wick, they say in hushed tones.

Everybody's heard the stories about the boogeyman, told with a mix of fear and reverence.

To them he is Baba Yaga, merciless and terrifying.

He's a spectre, cold and unreal, haunting dreams and waking moments alike.

John, she says in hushed tones.

She's not afraid of the boogeyman.

To her he's John, the man she loves. Flesh and blood, flawed and human.

She kisses him, hugs him, laughs with him, and in her warmth and her smile he sees a future.

She makes him real and, with her, he chases the boogeyman away.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    An excellent idea to break loose from DWB and what a compelling contrast, Helen's perceptions of John and others'. [face_thinking]

amidalachick likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a great piece with insight in the characters

5. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha It's been a while since I watched the movies so I can't remember for sure, but I don't think Helen knows that John is a hitman/assassin. He is just the man she loves. But they certainly do love each other and he left that life for her, so I find it a fascinating dynamic to explore. I'm glad you enjoyed this little drabble, and thank you so much for reading and for these prompts! [:D]

@earlybird-obi-wan These movies are super-violent action movies, but they're really fun to watch and the characters are so compelling, so it was fun to explore them a little bit here. Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely comment! [:D]

Thank you both again! I really appreciate your readership and kind words.

Onto the next ficlet! This one dips into an old favorite fandom of mine. :D

Fandom: House, M.D.
    Characters: House, Cuddy (House/Cuddy also works :p)
    Notes: Written for the prompt "Silver Lining". It's been so long since I wrote House and I feel like I don't quite have his voice down here. But the point of this is just to write and have fun, so it is what it is. Thank you for reading and hope you enjoy! :)

Silver Lining

It's raining for the fifth day in a row. Puddles and rain-slick spots on the pavement make the short walk from the parking lot to the hospital treacherous. He feels the dampness in his muscles and bones, feels it in every limping step he takes.

He doesn't even have a patient to distract him. Cameron, Chase, and Foreman haven't found any interesting cases. Cameron's been organizing files and catching up all his paperwork, and Chase and Foreman have given up any pretense of working. They're all restless and bored, sniping at each other over stale coffee and petty grievances.

He walks through the lobby, pointedly avoiding the clinic, when he sees Cuddy talking to one of the nurses.

Despite the rain she's wearing higher heels than usual. Her lab coat's open, revealing a skirt that accentuates every curve and a perfectly fitted blouse in a fabric that glistens with a hint of silvery sheen.

Usually he'd avoid her and possible clinic duty until later in the day.

But he's got nothing better to do and she's dressed up, even for her, and he wants to know why.

So he gets closer, close enough to make it obvious he's eavesdropping. She looks up and he catches her eye, deliberately letting his gaze trail downwards before meeting her eyes again.

Just as he hoped, she excuses herself from her conversation and walks towards him. There's a thundercloud on her face and in her voice when she calls his name.

"Dr. Cuddy!" he calls back, feigning surprise. "Can't talk now. Wouldn't want to be late for work."

There's a jauntiness in his step and an almost-smile on his face as he heads for the elevators, listening to her heels clicking as she hurries to catch up.

Suddenly he doesn't even mind the rain so much.

Every cloud's got a silver lining after all.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect House moment with his teasing of Cuddy

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Got the atmosphere and the tone just right

amidalachick likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! This is another great collection of ficklets that I would love to see finished. [face_love]

I vaguely remember seeing the first John Wick film, but this was a dynamic I just adored! The way the world sees him versus how he is with the only one he's really himself around, and not the 'boogeyman' he's been before. Lovely. [face_love]

I could honestly feel this entire ficlet. The setting and the ambiance really came through. I appreciate how this felt like such a slice of life. Just a moment, captured and then shared.

Ha! Yep. That's House. The teasing and the flirting and Cuddy. Plus, you know, the whole silver lining, in more ways than one. I just love it. [face_love]

Again, I know that I am late to the party here but I would love to eventually see these continued. ;) =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.