main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    First I've heard of the character, but seems interesting. I've been looking for the lore and story of swtor, but all i can find are gameplay walkthroughs.

2. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Can I ask some questions for @clone commander bossk please?

1. Who would you rather meet: Snoke or Vader?
    2. Would you rather eat a Porg or a rathtar?
    3. Would you rather become a Sith who doesn't have any fingers or a Sith who has twenty fingers on each hand?
    4. Favorite movie?

3. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    1. Who would you rather meet: Snoke or Vader?

Probably Vader, I have more of an attachment to him, and maybe i'd be able to convince him not to kill me? ^:)^

2. Would you rather eat a Porg or a rathtar?

It would be really hard for me either way cause I'm vegetarian. I'd say it depends how much I'd have to eat. I'd eat a rathtar tentacle.

3. Would you rather become a Sith who doesn't have any fingers or a Sith who has twenty fingers on each hand?

Twenty, More fingers = more power!

[​IMG]

4. Favorite movie?

You could probably ask me this next week and it would be completely different, But today I'd probably say Rouge One.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  4. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    @clone commander bossk
    1. Would you rather be a Sith or a jedi? Why?
    2. Would you rather be friends with Leia or Jyn? Why or why not?
    3. Would you rather have an outfit like Luke's farm outfit or Han's? Why?
    4. Favorite SW book?
    5. Favorite ST minor character?

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Podcasts! Any you recommend?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  6. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    1. Jedi, I've seen plenty of reasons not to be a sith.

2. Ooooh, close. Orobably Leia since she's friendly, kind and good fun. :D I would also want to be Jyn's friend too though.

3. Han's, It's just cool. :cool:

4. Phasma and Black Spire, They introduce Archex and Vi Moradi, who are some of my favorite characters.

5. Sidon Ithano, I love his helmet.

[​IMG]

Forcecenter! I love their content and discovered them a couple of months ago, and their content is great, they have great shows where they look at themes and details and that sort of thing, and silly shows like databank brawl.

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/4tz3n-39893/ForceCenter-Podcast

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    that's a no show for me :(

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What weapons do you think most fits Trandoshans?

What non-SW cultures (real or from other IP) do you think should be used for inspiraiton of Trandoshan culture/s?

While SW like the mono-culture thing is it likley with Trandoshans groups that are not like the main group. What kind of "splinter groups"/"alternative cultures" would you like to see for Trandoshans?

What kind of clothing do yout think would fit the Trandoshans?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  9. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    1. The relby V-10 microgrenade launcher (Bossk's blaster) or a Vibroaxe.

2. Maybe a tribe of trandos that live like native americans, living with the land killing what they need ect

3. A tribe founded by Bossk's sister, who try to reforge the relationship with the wookies.

4. Leather jackets and jeans, but star wars.

Gamiel and devilinthedetails like this.
  10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to @clone commander bossk for an excellent and informative interview that let us learn more about you!:D

Next up we have @Ihsan997[face_dancing]

@Ihsan997

1. What is your favorite Star Wars planet and why?
    2. What is your favorite Star Wars film from each trilogy (PT, OT, and ST)? Why is each one your favorite?
    3. What hobbies and activities do you enjoy in your spare time?
    4. Do you have a pet? If not, would you ever want one?
    5. How did you become a Star Wars fan?

11. clone commander bossk

Nov 5, 2019
    Thank you for having me! :D

12. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    It was my pleasure[:D]

Gamiel and clone commander bossk like this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

14. Ihsan997

Ihsan997 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    Thank you for having me, as well! I really appreciate this thread and the community spirit it can foster. Now for the questions...

1. Oh, you’re starting with one of the hardest questions! SW is known for its expansive galaxy, so there’s a lot to choose from. As a planet, I do have an emotional attachment to Tatooine...there’s so much history in such a remote planet, and the irony is that even most of the inhabitants may not know it. I like the idea of unknown history.

2. For the PT, my favorite is Revenge of the Sith because of the drama of the inevitable tragedy. In the OT, I definitely enjoy Return of the Jedi because of Anakin Skywalker’s arc completion. For the ST, it’s the Rise of Skywalker because I love closure. Only after typing this did I realize that my favorite for each trilogy is the last installment...that might say more about me than about the films.

3. I’m a full-time employee, father of two, devoted husband, part-time doctoral student, and try my best to stay in touch with my parents. I don’t have spare time [face_laugh]

4. Not anymore. I grew up with multiple pets, having both farmers and dog breeders in my family, and my final conclusion was that pets only lead to heartbreak. They live only long enough for you to get emotionally attached to them and then die, and when I cremated my last dog in 2007, I decided it would be the last time. It helps that my wife is from a traditional culture where the only animals are wild, farm, or hunting companion animals, so there’s no expectation of pets in the house.

5. My parents were both huge Star Wars fans. I was born a year after the release of Return of the Jedi, so I grew up with SW stuffed animals, books, stickers, and VHS tapes at home. I just grew up around it.

15. Ihsan997

Feb 7, 2021
    Hi Gamiel! Thanks for the questions. I’ll add numbers to the six questions, if you don’t mind.

1. In canon, my favorite culture would be the wider galactic ‘international’ culture. I’m all about places like Tatooine, Takodana, Batuu, or the like. I find life most interesting when cultures mix - especially across species, as biology is far more limiting than psychology.

2. Wow, I’ve never actually thought about this idea before. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Borg-like civilization. An uncompromising culture which also lacked the dogmatic overtones of the Sith or Yuzhaan Vong would seem like an interesting challenge to the wider galactic community, and I quite enjoy the concept of challenge.

3. I’m a bit wary of this because many other franchises handle this quite poorly, assigning the real-world cultures of nonwhite people to monsters or disfigured humanoids. So long as it were either human-based or cosmopolitan culture involving humans, I’d actually like to see the use of Earth cultures less prominent in sci-fi and fantasy for a change, such as Incan or Javanese (note the spelling; the letter V isn’t a typo).

4. Honestly, I don’t think much about changing or ‘correcting’ the franchise because I tend to view such creative products as single entities. Changing one thing might create inconsistencies or contradictions. I’m more prone to RP or fanfic writing in order to add to the existing universe rather than scenarios where I change stories to my own whims.

5. I’d really like to see point-defense cannons added to large starships. It’s an important concept for space battles, and it would make sense given the tendency of starfighters to fly in close to dreadnaughts and the like for close-range fire.

6. Oh, I miss pie so much. A lot of pie has excess sugar and salt, so it’s been years since I’ve had any. Honestly, I really miss French silk pie. One of my best friends in college used to invite a bunch of us over and we’d just make like a dozen of those things together and gorge ourselves while watching anime.

16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Ihsan997 That's great that you are a part-time doctoral student. What are you getting your doctorate in?

Ihsan997 likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    favourite parings in SW?

favourite non-canon parings in SW?

favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

any parings that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom

18. Ihsan997

Feb 7, 2021
    Roughly within the linguistics field, and it’s murdering my face.

You have a real knack for tough questions! These actually did get me thinking.

1. Anakin and Padme because I’m a masochist who loves tragedy. The whole time during the prequels, we’re all watching those two just knowing how badly it will end.

2. I’m torn between Obi-Wan x Asajj on the one hand and Rey x Ben on the other. The latter would have been more of a crowd pleaser, but the former is even heavier in the forbidden aspects of it.

3. I’m biased because I just finished watching an episode of Wandavision; I don’t know if the show will stand the test of time. I’m always a sucker for Disney classics too.

4. In high school, my friend wrote a screenplay of an unrequited romance between He-Man and Skeletor, and I read Skeletor’s part in an overacted, melodramatic voice. Our English teacher was less than thrilled.

5. Zelda and Link have strong chemistry in Breath of the Wild, but I’d be strongly opposed to their relationship turning into outright romance. The ambiguity is part of the dynamic’s success.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in the ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character/s in the ST deserve to get his/her story told?

20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    What [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh] Wait...isn't Skeletor He-man's uncle?! Or maybe this was done before the MOTU 2002 series. Either way this sounds hilarious.

And now onto...
    CAT QUESTIONS!
    Do you think cats should wear cute hats? Why or Why not?
    Who in SW (any period) do you think is more of a cat or a dog person and why?
    Opinion about loth-cats?

Other:
    What other fandoms do you like?
    Do you think a goose would beat Kylo Ren?
    Do you think Mando is a cat-person? Would he watch cat videos in his spare time with Baby Yoda?

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's something that is only estalbished in the tie-in comic to the 2002 series - which I think is not actually fully considered canon to the series - not the series itself (TMU). The Skelletor-to-be was also Adam's uncle (by adoptation) in at least one of the later, grittier, comic series.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Ihsan997 and gizkaspice like this.
  22. Ihsan997

Feb 7, 2021
    1. Anything other than the Knights of Zakuul :D for serious. What I would like to see more of are the Sorcerers of Tund…they’re technically canon now, but only their existence is known…all the details, if I’m not mistaken, are non-canon. It would be interesting to see other forms of darkness in the galaxy, and the Nightsisters are unfortunately no more.

2. the Rattataki from the Old Republic era deserve a bit more love from the writers. My impression is that they were initially EA’s attempt to capitalize on Asajj fans by creating a species from her home planet with the same physical appearance. This can cause a measure of obfuscation - it sure did for me - because Asajj is actually a sub-species of Zabrak from Dathomir and not some native species to Rattataki. Still, that species would have potential if time were invested into developing them as an independent biological species with their own planetary history; there’s very little info available on them currently.

3. I was fascinated by Dryden Vos in Solo, due in part to the great performance by Paul Bettany, but also because of Vos’ unexplained near-human origins. He was obviously something different, but we don’t know what, and it would be interesting to see that explained.

4. That’s one area which Star Wars excels in, but there are also so many good characters in the sequels that this is tough to choose. Sidon Ithano already had his story told in the comic form, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a tie-in series which could sort of set off post-sequel stories. The man certainly gets around, and such a series could provide ample opportunities for cameos which would then split off into other media.

amidalachick, Gamiel and gizkaspice like this.
  23. Ihsan997

Feb 7, 2021
    CAT QUESTIONS!

1. I say that if cats aren’t allowed to wear cute hats, then there’s a serious problem afoot. Every cat has the right to a cute hat.

2. Qui-Gon would have been a cat person. Maybe a nice tabby which would curl up in his lap on those evenings while he sat down to rest.

3. They remind me so much of the Cheshire cat, at least in terms of their aesthetic. They don’t seem to have as much to say, though…

OTHER

1. It’s difficult for me to enumerate, but Pokemon, Warcraft, and the Legend of Zelda come to mind before most other fandoms. There are definitely more rattling around in my head.

2. Well, that depends: beat Kylo Ren at what? If the competition is organized by the Ministry of Silly Walks, then I think the goose will definitely take the gold.

3. Not a chance. Mando is the purified essence of a dog person, through and through. I’m actually surprised that he doesn’t already have a trained animal companion with big teeth.

amidalachick, Gamiel and gizkaspice like this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

Least favoured kind/s of world/s or environment/s in science-fiction media?

We know that many of SW's non-humans can be described as a humanised version of an Earth animal (cats are really overrepresented) and I was wondering what Earth animal/s would you like to see being turned into SW's non-humans? And why?

What non-SW but Disney created/owned non-humans would you like to see in SW?

What non-SW non-humans that are in the public domain would you like to see in SW?

gizkaspice and Ihsan997 like this.
  25. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I think I meant generally like would a goose beat up Kylo Ren but yes, the competition would definitely be organized by the Ministry of Silly Walks. Kylo would fall and be all "DARTH VADER, HELP ME!" and then the goose would bite his nose and leave a surprise in his shoe :p

Follow up: What kind of dog would best fit Mando?

Ihsan997 likes this.