main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT With all the recent scenes from Revenge of the Sith remade shot by shot in animation...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, May 12, 2021.

1. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    … in TCW S7, Bad Batch and more, do you think we’ll ever get a RotS Animated remake?

I think the answer is no and I’d much rather see more fresh narratives rather than rehash of the very same story but still, it is an interesting concept that A LOT of people seem to really want.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    This is one of those things where I cant tell if it's out of genuine love for the film to see an animated version or a prequel hater's wet dream to see Matt Lanter save "the good prequel" from Hayden Christensen.

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I like the original just fine. Don't have any need to see it animated.

4. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    I'd prefer not to have Matt Lanter touch Anakin much more. I think his version is more performance wise emotionally 2 dimensional in comparison to Hayden Christensen's.

Mark Pierre, Valiowk, rpeugh and 5 others like this.
  5. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    You and me both. There aren't enough likes for this.

To me it's not even Anakin. Lanter himself consistently brags about how his version is more Han Solo than Anakin.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Count Yubnub and Deliveranze like this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think the animated RotS scenes do a great job of making TCW feel like it flows right into the main films, like it "counts". I know it already does, but there is always that separation in the back of my mind, that little voice that says "Ahsoka didn't exist in when they made Revenge of the Sith". I don't think animating any more of it is necessary.

Remaking Revenge of the Sith completely in animation would be a waste, when they could make something new. Make Dark Disciple or Son of Dathomir instead.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  7. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    This sums it up for me as well.

Also, I would be very concerned that if Lucasfilm were to remake any of the Star Wars films in animated form, they could change things to be more in line with The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Mandalorian, the sequel trilogy, etc. which is something I would absolutely hate.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  8. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    No wonder I have such a problem with Anakin's character in "The Clone Wars".

wobbits, Deliveranze and Count Yubnub like this.
  9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    It would be completely unnecessary and honestly disrespectful to the original, given that a lot of the narrative surrounding it would inevitably be about it being an "improved" version of the movie. I'm also not sure if remakes of the original six films would be allowed under the terms of the sale to Disney.

In any case, it's not ever happening, so it's a moot point.

To be fair, I think that's what Lucas wanted. Anakin is very Han Solo-ish in the opening rescue scene in ROTS. That's the basis for TCW Anakin.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    CIS Droid and HolyKenobi93 like this.
  10. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    I have never regarded Anakin as "Han Solo-ish". Not even in the opening rescue scene in ROTS. The only thing Anakin and Han had in common were their flying skills. And frankly, a "Han Solo-ish" Anakin in "The Clone Wars" does not work for me. That is why I've always had a problem with Anakin's portrayal in TCW.

I never understood this need for the major leads in the Prequel Trilogy or the Sequel Trilogy to be some variation or remake of the major leads in the Original Trilogy. I find this rather unoriginal.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  11. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    If that's what Lucas wanted then I am a bit disappointed. I like film Anakin because he wasn't the same as Han Solo. I never compared him to Han while watching ROTS. I mean if we are talking about his reckless confidence/faith in his abilities, that was already there. The kid jumped out of a speeder in Coruscant traffic for crying out loud. He knew he was going to connect with the right speeder.

Han just flies by the seat of his pants and hopes for the best.

The only thing Lanter's Anakin represents to me is someone trying to undo film Anakin and Lanter especially has come out verbally trying to distance himself from HC's portrayal.

Count Yubnub and Deliveranze like this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Personally I just love both of them.

As I do this crossover. I wonder if there will be a fan edit that combines Bad Batch with Siege of Mandalore and ROTS. I would watch it!

KyleKartan likes this.
  13. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I loved those animations. Connected TCW and TBB even more to the movie.

I dont get why there is a competition again against TCW and movie Anakin. Why does it always have to be like this. there is no TCW without the movies. there is no TCW Anakin without movie Anakin. This constant fighting of Content against Content from fans is really tiresome.

14. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    I don’t believe George Lucas intended for TCW Anakin to be changed from Hayden Christensen’s portrayal due to criticism. . But since TCW had different writers interpreting the characters their ideas of what Anakin should say and act like change the vibe.

I think his voice should have been done by Hayden Christensen or an actor trying to match Hayden’s cadence

15. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    Lucas agreed on the scripts and voice. So all that is there and shown in TCW is due to him allowing it to happen that way. He was the mastermind behind TCW.

For me the debate is without any reason. TCW doesnt exist without Ep II and III and it all builds up from those 2 movies. The whole premise of TCW is to enhance the movies and it does it very well. For me at least Anakin from the movies works pretty perfectly with TCW again because you can see all his characteristics in the movies and the TV Show. no matter if Lantner tried to distance himself from Hayden (though I'd love to read the Quote and context) Lucas and Filoni didnt...they built TCW Anakin from the movies and showed other aspects of him. No more no less.

16. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Mat Lucas from the micro-series and many Star Wars video games should have voiced Anakin in TCW, in my opinion. He sounded more like Hayden.

Deliveranze and Count Yubnub like this.
  17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's true, he didn't. He didn't want a change either. He wanted to bring out the heroic aspect of the character that in the movies was obfuscated by the dramatic focus that the story required. It wasn't a change in character, it was a change in focus.

18. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    "Here's where the fun begins."

"This is where the fun begins."

Not the kind of cocky sarcasm that's characteristic of Luke. But very characteristic of Han Solo.

CIS Droid likes this.
  19. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I feel Matt does a good job portraying the Anakin we see in the opening of Revenge of the Sith, before he has the dreams about Padme dying.

I like both, and animating a TCW version of RotS would be a huge waste of time. How about instead they animate a canon version of the battle of Coruscant?

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    It's more than a little dickish of Lanter to talk down Christensen's performance, especially given that Christensen's performance is what got him this job.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  21. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Lucas may have. It doesn't mean I agree with how the voice is played in the show.

I don't agree. I think it weakens the movies in parts, one of those being Anakin's character, to me.

This doesn't change that I think the performance is more 2-dimensional, than I think, to me, Hayden's is.
    Though I think the dramatic Anakin parts of TCW lack an emotional performance that I think Hayden's has.

22. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    There was a podcast from 2020 with Matt Lanter being interviewed on Rebel Force Radio where he said he doesn't see his Anakin as the same character. He also said movie Anakin lacks compassion and care for people which is like "That's literally his entire character arc in the films!"

23. AEHoward33

Aug 11, 2019
    What the hell? Are you sure this isn't just some rumor? I hope it is. For Lanter's sake.

24. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Here's the interview

Also this was in bad taste too. Matt Lanter parodied Hayden's character from Jumper and gets impaled and the other guy says "Hey look! Its the guy who ruined SW!" At the :57 Mark

25. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Wow, that clip from Disaster Movie is bad. That movie came out the same year as TCW. I wonder if they would have cast him if it had come out earlier. Though Lucas was gracious enough to allow the notorious PT hater Simon Pegg to be cast in TCW, as well.