main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.03 - Replacements - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 13, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 21, 2021.
  1. 10

9.2%
  2. 9

19.7%
  3. 8

38.2%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

7.9%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.03!!
    Replacements

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Bad Batch episodes air on Friday on Disney+ at 12am PST/PDT. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Another point for a title. Are we replacing Crosshair, Clones, or are the Bad Batch replacements? Seems this one has a shorter runtime than the last at 28 minutes.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Still longer than your average TCW

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's unlikely, but I'd like Suu to replace Crosshair as the team sniper.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I think this is more likely than not Crosshairs new Squad "replacing" The Bad Batch.

TadoFett, VexedAtVohai and Seerow like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that’s gonna be that character from the Mandalorian? I’ll think of her name

Fennec

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn't think they'd do a Crosshair focused episode this early. One can hope.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess we might see our first stormtrooper recruit. Knowing the empire they would probably turn those out in like a week.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Being that Crosshair is crosswired, that means his aim will be off cause he's crosseyed. Probably now all Clone and conscript troopers will have terrible aim moving forward. So probably any good guy will have sharpshooting aim.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    His aim was good in the last episode we saw him in

11. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Crosshair's worse aim might just be explained as him fighting the chip. The genetic mutations have been said to be the reason the chips are defective, maybe that's one of the few things he still has control over. It's an easy way to explain plot armour, so I hope the writers use it.

As for the title, clearly we're about to get Huunter, Wreecker, Teech, Echoo and - here's the plot twist - Omega. Turns out that the version we know is actually Omeega, hence her pronunciation of the name.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Seems like a pretty clear reference to the stormtroopers starting to replace the clones. We’ll probably see the start of that in this episode.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Hmm, intriguing title. Unlike last week, this time I have absolutely no idea where the story will be going next. We've got a host of planets to expect, Fennec Shand and Rex, but I've no clue which one will be in the next ep. That's exciting, I've not gone into an episode of an SW animated show totally blind since Rebels ended, TCW's plots having already largely been revealed during the time the show was cancelled.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Either that or Crosshair gets replacements for the bad batch

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The episode description is out there, but it's extremely nondescript.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Where can I find that, next door to Monty Python's cheese shop?

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Yeah, I think the title is referring to stormtroopers. I'll be honest, I wanted to stick with the Republic aesthetic early Empire for a while, but I have a sneaking suspision that clones vs. stormies is going to be a big part of this show so maybe it will make sense story-wise to introduce them this early.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Stuck on a desolate moon.

19. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Abafar retconned into a moon, perhaps?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I wonder if Kamino throwing a revolt might be where we see the clones slaughtered / replaced, unlikely but who knows.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that’s an end of the series thing or at the very least season

Sproj and InterestingLurker like this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Much as I love TCW, I always hated the 22-minute run-time.

:p

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s the real bonus of streaming episodes can be however long they need to be and don’t need to be constrained to 22 minutes or 45 minutes if it’s an hour time slot.

24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Apparently, that was the fault of the network they were airing the original TCW episodes on, correct me if I'm wrong.

Really, it goes back to having commercials, I think, which is what streaming services can easily avoid (well, assuming that the company hosting the streaming service doesn't get too bold or anything lol)

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't give them ideas. Supposedly Disney Plus missed their subscriber growth target for the quarter.