main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake?!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Devizz, May 12, 2021.

1. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    If there is already a thread regarding the KOTOR Remake rumors I apologize, feel free to delete/lock this one. I just could not find it and been searching for a while.

Surprised there is so little buzz since it is all but confirmed given quite reliable sources that leaked this information.

Also, why is there no forum section dedicated to video games? :p I think such a section is long overdue.

whostheBossk and AusStig like this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The Gaming (mainly videogames) section of the forum was moved to Community a few years ago: https://boards.theforce.net/forums/community.10851/

Although I am amused we gave you the impression it goes here. I always thought the Lit crowd appreciated the games more than the JCCers anyway.:p

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It probably should have gone here or SWC. At least the Star Wars games

Alpha-Red likes this.
  4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I sort of interpret the literature forum as discussing the "lore", so talking about a videogame's story but not its gameplay in this section makes sense to me. I understand that that isn't really the case, but "Expanded Universe" is quite a broad term.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean we have a Bad Batch thread and movie threads whenever those happen again. Why not a video game thread?

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well if we wanna talk Lore...Then lets talk Lore

What LORE will this remake might add if (According to some rumors) is gonna be a weird mix and mingle of KOTOR 1 and 2 with NuCanon qualities.

Will we see Exegol?

7. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    How old are the Xyston forges there? I could see them replacing the Star Forge potentially. Having Zeffo and Rakata in videogames released so close together seems redundant.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Not sure...But that I think that temple and machinery could be ancient.

Like the Star Forge.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope that if they are remaking it to fit canon they remake it to fit canon. So It’ll have to look even older than the high republic.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That doesn't HAVE to be the case though.

I for one say go for a ancient alien like thing....were basically the Sith/Jedi Wars actually had LOTS of advanced super weapons and stuff and then whatever the last Jedi/Sith War was all about was SOOOOOO devastating it actually set civilization back to year Zero.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That was always my major problem with KOTOR is that it established that technology hadn’t changed more or less in 4,000 years

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Pablo Hidalgo has mentioned that it be like middle age almost.

13. Even if the Remake are not Rakata or Tales of the Jedi references still is good if they retcon SWTOR but sadly i think they will retcon KOTOR 2 too

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  14. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    KotOR II's been ignored for so long I don't really mind. It exists perfectly fine as its own thing, separate from almost all of the EU.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. KOTOR 2 is amazing but dont fit well in Disney Canon

16. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    A High Republic book mentioned that there was a time when there were only a handful of Jedi. Sounds a lot like Kotor II imo.

17. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I personally meant that KotOR II didn't always fit in thematically, or in the way that the Force is depicted, not that it couldn't have happened for continuity reasons. Although that particular Purge was almost never referenced again in Legends.

I doubt that the High Republic reference was about KotOR II specifically, it's a very vague description.

18. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    If we really do get a canon Kotor remake, I imagine that was mentioned quite deliberately.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Meetra Surik from KOTOR II was re-canonized in the High Republic series, so its likely that others will be too.

VexedAtVohai likes this.
  20. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Huh. I'd quite forgotten about that. Perhaps Surik will be the player character's name, like Shepard in Mass Effect. I have seen talk of combining the two games, but I don't think it was anyone in the know saying that.

21. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am interested in this.

I mean KOTOR2 is so bad, in terms of writing, gameplay, every aspect of it really, it is hard to do worse.

I wonder if they will link the remake into SWTOR since that is still on going.

22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Disagree

I hope they stay away from SWOTOR as much as possible. Now there you can't get much worse ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
    darklordoftech and VexedAtVohai like this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    That’s fine you can be wrong.

It seems like they are more focused on KOTOR than 2. But I don’t think mixing them is a good idea given how radically different the games are in tone themes and characters and feel.

But I am reserving judgment until an official announcement.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well I'm never wrong so ....:p (Kidding)

To be fair, all we have is heresy on what "Mixing" it means...So like you say I wouldn't take what any articles say literally until we get a idea on what it means.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I thought I was wrong once but i was merely mistaken.

All we have this whole project is hearsay. So I am not going to get my hopes up until an official announcement.