main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Yeah, I have been getting the same emails every 15 days from TicketsAtWork since June 15th. They indicate they are waiting for the hotel (Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center in my case) to give them the refund but I am surprised it is taking this long. I would have transferred to next year if that was an option and the event was held next year but 2022 is too far out I think.

Link1130 likes this.
  2. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Same hotel for me. When I called Hyatt directly, they said they had never received the money and they wouldn't have expected to until closer to the booking.

JonSB likes this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Call your banks and get them involved. Often times they'll refund the money back to your account while they file a claim to the merchant and dispute the charge as well.

Especially given the circumstances, there's more than enough leverage for that to happen. They do this kind of thing for much less in terms of the circumstances involved.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Unfortunately I think they're probably well past the window to request a chargeback which is usually six months.

5. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I think given the circumstances and the unforeseen cancellation of the event would make it so that they could get involved. It's worth a shot at least to call and ask what can be done. Especially if the merchant seems to be unnecessarily slow in giving the refund.

6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They've already been told their refunds are processing. I feel like a chargeback would be an excessive play.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I think it would be hard for Celebration to build up the kind of "area wide" event that SDCC unless they made it an annual event. Disney could do that (with SWC every April and D23 every other August) but I'm not sure they would. I don't think they want to make it an annual event at the moment and the increasingly fast sell outs don't give them any reason to change the format. Maybe in the future, once the next cycle of movies begins and they have more long terms plans and more ongoing series, they might attempt something like this, but for now I think they're happy to keep it rotating.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  8. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Just saw this in my email. Not on my CC yet but nice to have this settled

"Great news! Your request for a refund has been approved by our partner and processed by TicketsAtWork.com. We greatly value your business and appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. We look forward to serving you again soon."

9. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Yep, I got the same e-mail and, ditto, hasn't posted yet but hopefully soon.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Actually been looking at the various hotels and making a list of pros and cons. Just something for me to do until we get to actually book for 2022

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ChrisLyne likes this.
  11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I would think that if there is going to be a hotel block that they would release it soon. You can book most hotels through April 29th of next year on their websites. And hotels.com has a few hotels already available. What do you think?

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Hotels.com seems to have those few hotels available all the time. It won't be until the end of the month that we'll start seeing more hotels populate for the new Celebration dates. I believe 50 weeks out gives the most accurate availability, although some may start to populate earlier than that.

If they have hotel blocks, they don't necessarily have to release them right away. Probably sooner than later though.

13. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah, it doesn't look like Marriott is booking that far in advance. Their site also shows a new Westin hotel that is suppose to open right near the convention center this June

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  14. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Its already opened..

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Does anyone know how the Hyatt Regency is? Looks like it might be a 20 minute walk to the convention center. I wanted to go for the Castle Inn but all they have is suites left. No standard rooms.

16. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Their official site says they don't open until June 2021. Maybe that's an error.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If you are within a block or two of the convention center, even if they seem big on google maps, it will only be about a 10 minute walk.

18. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I called Disney last year before the con. was cancelled and asked them about shuttle service from the con. center to the park. they said there would be. but I asked if it was safe to walk from the con. center area(where a lot of hotels are located) to the park and they said, it was 'safer' to take the shuttle than walk.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok cool I booked it. It’s a block and a half. If I find something closer later I can rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  20. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I would just take caution just in case...

21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Which Hotel would you be staying at?

22. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I mean it’s always safer but I walked from the center to my hotel (which was about a 10 min walk) after the late night movie viewings in 2015, and it was around midnight- 1am for all those nights and I never felt unsafe. I also walked from DL to my hotel (same distance) after 11:30pm and it was fine. I think they have to say that so they aren’t liable but the area wasn’t bad at all.

Oh and I was alone

23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    The immediate areas adjacent to the convention center and the park are safe to walk around even during the midnight hour. At Celebration 2015, the movie screenings let out at about 12:30 each night, it was quiet, but I didn't feel unsafe. That's about when things start to slow down for the night. It's a tourist area, so there will be enough people out at that hour.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's when the party is just getting started in @ChrisLyne's room.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  25. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I want to agree but I'm getting old and Celebration days are long [face_tired]