main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Anaheim Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I've made that walk countless times. Unless you do something stupid while crossing a street you shouldn't have any problems.

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    There was a CVS I walked too from Hyatt Regency Chicago that took me I think 15 minutes and was 2 blocks away. Never at any point felt that I was unsafe...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I stupidly cancelled my hotel reservation with Connections Housing just a week before it was officially delayed last year, so I doubt I am on the list anymore for first access to when they open up reservations again. I am debating whether to call them and explain that, give them my information(still even have my old confirmation number) and see if they'll add me to the list again.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I feel like you're probably going to be turned down, but you might as well give it a shot.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Do it. The more people making this request, the more they can't ignore it.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, the worst they could do is say no but they might surprise you and say yes so worth a shot.

BrentC007 likes this.
  7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Dewback, when did you last walk to Disneyland? I mean from the Con. center area? that's what I meant. I called because I was thinking it would not be that far from the con.center area. If shuttles were provided for fans to and from the two places, I'd pick the shuttle because I'd already had been standing around in Cele. lines as it was and Disney lines can wear you out too!

8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    If you are within a block or two of the convention center, it's a completely safe area to walk around in between 10pm-midnight. Depending on a shuttle to go that distance would be a bit of a waste, being as you could probably get to wherever you are going sooner if you just walked.

Now, outside that radius is still relatively safe during those hours. But I would understand if somebody preferred to take a shuttle for their own peace of mind.

Dewback, Padme501st and ChrisLyne like this.
  9. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I canceled my reservation for August 2022 at Castle Inn since they are booked up for the new dates. If the Celebration hotel block doesn’t reopen in the next month then I’ll try Expedia or hotels.com.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I wouldn't worry about that hotel, since that one seems to always be available, and I think people panic booked it up when the dates change.

I'd say start checking frequently now. Then in about a week or so you'll see a few more hotels populate. And then 2-3 weeks from now you'll start seeing a lot more pop up. Hotels only seem to allow you to reserve 50 weeks ahead of time. So just be on top of it for the next few weeks. It doesn't hurt to just make a reservation somewhere, and then still wait for the hotel blocks to open.

11. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    So I got a bit impatient and ended up booking at the Hyatt Regency today. The cost was about the same, but it looks to be fairly close to the Convention Center. I prefer taking care of this stuff as soon as I can so I’m not scrambling trying to make arrangements closer to the event.

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    No worries. I'm like that too. Just keep checking though. A lot more hotels will begin to populate in the next few weeks if you are looking for a cheaper option.

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I was looking at that a couple days ago. It seems to be about a mile/20 minute walk south of the convention center.

14. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    Apparently the Hyatt charges $6 for a round trip shuttle to DL if you don’t want to undertake a 30 minute walk.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I’m currently booked here as well. If something closer becomes available I can always cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I am currently looking as well. I have:

Days Inn By Wyndham on Garden Grove
    Quality Inn Suites About a block away from Convention Center

As far as outside the Hotel Block if need be..

17. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    So the person I talked to said they didn't have any information on a first access list or anything like that and they've been told to tell people to just keep checking the Celebration site

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Oh well. It was worth a shot.

BrentC007 likes this.
  19. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I cannot confirm this, but I heard somewhere that everyone basically has to start from scratch regarding hotel reservations..

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't spread rumors then. The Celebration site still explicitly says people who booked through Connections Housing will get first shot.

--------

As a thank you for being a loyal Star Wars Celebration fan, you will have first access to the official hotel booking site once it becomes available. Additional details will be announced soon.

https://www.starwarscelebration.com/en-us/faq.html

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Padme501st likes this.
  21. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Things may change

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Sure. It's ReedPop. But posting rumors from anonymous sources isn't productive. Especially when you admit yourself you don't know if it's true.

23. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    A few times in the Summer of 2019 and many other times before that.

Padme501st and star_wars_is_good like this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  25. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    That sucks for a couple of reasons.
    1) I thought that the reservation I had before gave me first dibs on keeping it
    2) I will be traveling on the June 3rd and will probably not have internet access during the open period June 3rd at 12 PT